“Not the best rooms but great customer service!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #156 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Not the best rooms but great customer service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Lobby and pool are beautiful!!!! Rooms were very average..kind of dated...but the customer service was great! Addy helped us tremendously! He Was very friendly and helpful! Location was also great...beach access was great! Overall enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed April 2013

467 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel could be great but they have little interest in guests. Spa is Luke warm. Floors are dirty outside of lobby. Pool is great. Views and location great. No ice. It's like they afraid to let guests have it. I guess the cocktails are expensive so they keep you there. Personally I would take a pass in this one unless you are under 30 and into Spring Break.

• Stayed April 2013
Merchantville, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was a little hesitant about staying at the Shelborne. The reviews were mixed and the three star rating for a hotel on South Beach gave me pause. To my surprise it was a wonderful stay. First of all, most hotels on South Beach are boutique hotels, meaning they have been around for a long time. When I made my reservation I explained that it will be my sisters first visit to Miami and I want it to be memorable and could the make sure we have a room that has been renovated already. There was four of us, and Addey, awesome guy at the front desk, made sure it happened. We had a room overlooking the pool, full kitchen, we were near the exit to the terrace. We were there to party, so whatever noise people were complaining about in there reviews did not bother us. Ideal location. They have a club on the premises, so you don't have to go too far if you do not want to. The lobby, bar and hallways were impressive. We had a great time at the Shelborne and would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: The townhouse is perfect for a large party and family. They overlook the pool and there is a pool p...
Shrewsbury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my second trip to the Shelborne as I stayed the previous year and had a wonderful time. This hotel has a lot of potential but the change in management is apparent. I had contacted the hotel months prior to my visit to ensure a renovated room and received a nice email from the former manager Jay Rosen saying that it would be taken care of. My room was booked as a deluxe through American Airlines and to me that would imply renovated because it cost extra points. I called two months prior to my visit and spoke with Shaniqua who asked me to forward the email from Jay which I did. She was emailed twice but she never responded so I called again, The day before I arrived, I spoke with her and she said no problem on the renovated room. Well upon arrival, there were problems and Shaniqua never appeared even though Addy said she was in the back. He eventually gave me the renovated room but it wasn't ready until 6pm. Check- in is at 4pm by the way. The first night the shower was cold, there was hair on the floor of the bathroom, no robes, and the key cards didn't work at 2am. The night manager Darling was very nice and agreed to a full free breakfast the next morning. The pool and beach area are beautiful and Stan at Vesper is great. Overall though, the hassles with the
room and first night experience does not want to make me come back. It seems like some of the
staff at this hotel value their jobs and others could care less. It is too bad because the hotel is in an awesome location and could be one of the best on Collins if they ever completed the renovations and resolved their management issues. Outlets in the bathrooms and a mirror in the main rooms would also be a good idea!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
Strongsville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you want a beautiful view this is it (but make sure you have a room with a balcony). Beautiful chandeliers and very nice pool. Sparkly tile floors in the lobby. Maintenance was slow to respond. Waited an hour to get our shower fixed. Security was slow to respond to loud neighbors. It's a strong possibility I would go back. Great location too and the gym was nice!

Room Tip: Get the balcony!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

From looking at the lobby and pool you would think it's a gorgeous hotel. But the rooms will prove this wrong. The first room I checked in to had torn carpets, holes in the wall, beds on loose frame, generally awful and dirty. I complained and they upgraded me to something more recently renovated, but still completely out of shape.

This hotel is a complete rip off. The only good thing I can say is the location is amazing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hackensack, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with some friends. I asked for a upgrade from the street view to ocean view. We (4 girls) were placed in an ocean view room on the corner of the hotel. It seemed smaller than the other rooms (not pictured on the website). Our bathroom needed a few repairs. The cabinet in the kitchen fell off. The curtains looked as if they were taped to the rod. The walls & floors are very thin, heard every noise from other rooms. The front desk was great service, the valet and house keeping was not. We had to explain to the valet that we wanted to pay cash since we were only using the service for night and he gave us a hard time & billed it to the room (it was removed during check out). We asked for wash cloths (they only had 1 in the room) at 12pm, 4pm & 8pm we finally got them at 9pm along with extra toliet paper. Housekeeping also tried to give us a hair dryer which we did not ask for. Dont waste your time on the complimentary breakfast, its only toast, cereal, juice & muffins. Make use the towels/chairs on the beach however I suggest you bring your own cooler as service is slow and sometimes dont have what you really want. We asked for miami vices and were told that the machine was broken the bar tender did not feel like making them so we were limited to certain premade drinks. The food is expensive $5 for one small taco. Even though it costs a little more we took advantage of the late check out (3pm) and luggage storage as we had a late flight. Location was good, near walgreens, liquor store and away from the craziness of ocean if you like the quiet areas. I am not sure if I would stay again as room was $900 & I felt it wasnt worth the money we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer or renovated rooms. Also ask to see the room before you actually check in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!