Every time I visit Miami I stay at the Shelborne due to its central location. They used to have a great nightclub, Shine, which is no longer open. I learned this after I booked my stay. This was discouraging. I also found out that guests no longer had complimentary access to the pool party events. (If I pay close to $1,000 for a weekend at a hotel, I should have access to the pool & it's events)
Very unhappy I spoke with the head of concierge services, Rafael Velazquez. He explained to me that a new company manages Shelborne now & they are separate from the pool events. Rafael did his best to help, getting me a discounted ticket to the party which made me feel appreciated. He made several trips with me to the pool when I felt I wasn't being treated as a guest should. (re-entry to the pool for example.)
On numerous occasions Rafael took the initiative to help when I needed it. I've never seen an associate go so far out of their way for me. That is what made our stay perfect!
I can't express how valuable of an asset Rafael Velazquez is.
Because of him we will return again!
- Also Known As:
- Shelborne South Beach Hotel
- Shelborne South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Shelborne Beach Hotel
- Shelborne Beach Miami
- Hotel Miami Shelbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a multi million renovation to be complete at the end of 2011, the Shelborne makes a re-entry to the Miami Beach scene in a classic rebirth of perfect Art Deco style. Modern accommodations and amenities meld seamlessly with tropical retro ambiance while an amazing beachfront location calls you to relax among gentle ocean breezes. Offering an unbeatable location in the heart of the South Beach, the Shelborne is one of the largest meeting and event spaces with over 8,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor flexible space. With three amazing dining outlets on site, there is something to meet everyone's likings. Greet the day with a warm espresso at Vesper American Brasserie outdoor cafe. Lunch and Dinner served daily both in the outdoor cafe and the indoor brasserie. Lucy's Cantina Royale serving up the best in tacos and homemade guacamole with chips made daily. Bar Tanaka is the newest sushi spot to hit South Beach, located in the lobby of the Hotel. Chef Zama Tanaka brings his skills from Philadelphia to serve some of the best sushi dishes Miami has to offer.Let Shelborne play host to any milestone event. Choose from four renovated spaces to accommodate intimate occasions or lavish affairs. Our referrals for preferred event planning specialists and our own onsite catering personnel and wait staff are here to assist with any and all event needs leading up to the big day. From weddings to Bar Mitzvahs, holiday parties to work conferences, Shelborne’s goal is to provide guests with our signature brand of all-inclusive hospitality. Utilizing the top resources on Miami Beach, we’re here to cater to your special celebration. Kick back and enjoy the festivities – and leave the heavy lifting to us. Vesper is the ideal setting to host an engagement party or rehearsal dinner. With three beautiful backdrops to set the tone for your big day, state of the art AV technology, and delicious fare, Vesper American Brasserie will leave both you and your guests extremely satisfied. Lucy's Cantina Royale is the perfect back drop to walk down the aisle as the sun is setting or an oasis to host your guests at a beachfront taqueria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and Fareportal so you can book your Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.