“Concierge Team” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #157 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
PHILADELPHIA
“Concierge Team”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Some rooms are recently renovated; some are not. No complaints from my group though, even with non-upgraded rooms. My upgraded room was renovated and was very nice. If you upgrade, yo most likely will get a newly renovated room, but you have to ask.

The front desk got us checked in quickly. Vicky at the concierge desk was fantastic at taking care of our needs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

467 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

When booking the Shelborne I actually used Trip Advisor to help. There were some mixed reviews, but from the people who got renovated rooms, they had a great experience. Unfortunately, I was not in one of those rooms.

When I arrived, they let me check in an hour early which was nice, but my room was old, stained and definitely in need of serious TLC. I could also hear EVERYTHING. I was removed from the elevators, but could still hear them. Everyone someone shut a door, or flushed a toilet, you could hear it and anyone staying next to, above or below me, I could hear their entire conversation. That isn't why I am giving this hotel a less than stellar review. It is getting one because of a safety issue I had with my room and how the manager chose to deal with it.

Before leaving for a great dinner reservation, I realized my door was not locking behind me. I immediately called the front desk and when the maintainence man said he could not fix it. I went downstairs and asked for another room. The front desk assistant, Raimondo, was extremely apologetic and very nice. He wanted to do all he could to help, but to no avail. I was down there for almost 30 minutes in which time I NEVER saw the manager. When they tried to fix the door again and it did not work, I went back downstairs and when I caught the manager behind the desk (no he never offered to speak with me) I asked what he could do...one free drink per person in my party from the lobby bar. Gee thanks. We've now missed our reservation and I'm still stuck in the same room.

Fortunately, the concierce, Rafael was FANTASTIC! He made me feel like a VIP the rest of the weekend I was there; setting us up with a fabulous dinner at Flame where appetizers, champage and dessert was on him. The next night, I didn't have to wait in line at Joe's Stone Crab, a place where a 2 hour wait is normal. If it wasn't for Rafael, I would be scathing about this place right now. Raimondo was also a huge help.

They say that this hotel will be fully renovated by April 2014 now that Wyndham Hotels has purchased them, however, I'm sure because of the location (which is AMAZING) this hotel will up its prices. Otherwise, I'd recommend staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get their early and ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is not perfect, but based on location and price (relative to others in South Beach), it is not a bad option. You can tell that some things have been updated, some things need updating, and some are in the process of being update. Overall, the room was clean and nice but small. The pool, restaurant, and pool bar were all nice. Not over the top fancy, but nice. The hotel is walking distance to restaurants and shopping on the Lincoln Road Mall (basically outdoor shopping and restaurants). It is also just two doors from the Delano Hotel & Bar, which is a recommended stop.

Room Tip: There was road construction going on when I was there. Therefore, beach side is a better option tha...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Renovations and new ownership have done this hotel well. Staff was super friendly, service was great and the new restaurants in house are delicious.

Great location on Collins for everything you would need and for the price, you really can't beat it.
Gym could be bigger though but if you're only there for a weekend, try and relax and not work out. Continental breakfast that comes included in room rate is a standard buffet with muffins and coffee, but the area has so many amazing restaurants to try for brunch, do that instead.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at the Shelborne a few times within the past year. The rooms have been consistently clean and comfortable and the staff has always been welcoming and accommodating. In addition, the convenient location and amenities (pool, beach chairs/umbrellas, wait staff, bar/restaurant, etc.) make it a great place to stay. I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were booked in here via American Express and after reading the reviews I was a little freaked out about what to expect. When we arrived we told the front desk that we had read the bad reviews and requested renovated rooms. That request was honored and the rooms were fine. They were clean and the beds were comfortable. There are little touches that are missing like a soap dish in the shower and a hair dryer that is meant to be hanging on the wall but isn't. A coffee maker in the room would have been nice. The front desk people were very helpful. The location is great.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The shelborne is located right in the heart of south beach and walking distance to just about everywhere. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by Addy who was super nice and helpful. He let us take a look at a couple rooms so we could make sure we were totally happy with what we got. Room was spacious, clean and hip. The hotel itself is very cute. Breakfast is great and convenient and pool is beatiful (with great music). Would definitely recommend for young travellers looking for a fun stay in miami.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!