“Perfect location in South Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #156 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Perfect location in South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The shelborne is located right in the heart of south beach and walking distance to just about everywhere. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by Addy who was super nice and helpful. He let us take a look at a couple rooms so we could make sure we were totally happy with what we got. Room was spacious, clean and hip. The hotel itself is very cute. Breakfast is great and convenient and pool is beatiful (with great music). Would definitely recommend for young travellers looking for a fun stay in miami.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

In the past 2 years I stay 3 times at the Shelborne hotel.I usually arrive at the hotel late morning and I get a room right away. I never wait until their check in time and when I request late check out I get it. The front desk people are very polite and especially Metha, I even wonder if she gets a day off.She's always there.The housekeeping is superb and the pool is clean and warm.Well, there is a pool party Sunday afternoon so I stay on the beach or go shopping.There is a resort fee, which include a continental breakfast and if they improve the food and the service,I'd gladly give them top rating.

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter" The corner rooms towards 17th street and ocean are...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I cannot believe that this hotel gets away with charging what they do to stay here. It's not a five star hotel so I was not expecting luxury but I do expect cleanliness above all and good service.

When we arrived it was really late at night and had been a long day for us. Our room was not ready, a room that we reserved months in advance through a travel site, we had to wait almost an hour to get into our room. When we got to the room we noticed that the room was really old and looked nothing like the pictures online, the carpet was dirty and stained, and the room had an odor. We did not walk on the floor with bare feet. The bathroom was tiny and we saw a roach almost as soon as we got into the room. Gross! When pulling back the bedding to go to sleep we noticed that the sheets were stained and dirty, appeared to be blood but I don't know. We called down to the front desk to request blankets as we refused to get under the covers and decided to just lay on top for the night. We had to call several times before we finally received the blankets.

The next day we spoke with the manager about it all and were told that we would be moved to another room but had to wait a few hours. We left and came back and once again our room was not ready. We waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes before I just informed them that we would go up to our current room and to call us when it was ready. It took about an hour before they finally came to move us to the new room. They then moved us to a room with one bed when we previously had a double. We were moved once again to a room with two beds that looked similar to the pictures but still not great, the room had a tiny bathroom as well.

Positives? Good location. Some of the staff were friendly but whenever we called to ask for something it took forever to actually receive it. We were able to park on the street on the block and walk to the hotel to avoid expensive parking fees. If you park on the street, be advised to not leave any valuables in view. The locals informed us that if something of value is in plain sight, car may be broken into. We didn't leave anything out and everything was fine for us. I told the manager that given our experience we would not pay any "resort fees" and he agreed to waive them. The lobby looks nice so I guess that's what you pay for.

Overall this place is a dump and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I had a good time at the Shelborne, illl mention all my friends to stay there. I had no room and Addy persuad me to stay there. Best decision i ever made. :-) great hotel love it definetly will come again

• Stayed February 2013
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at The Shelborne for 4 nights in mid February 2013. We checked in early, and we were upgraded into a real nice ocean view room( great view). We had a lot of trouble with our key cards to the room.
The front desk staff was helpful, the beach staff was good, the pool staff on the other hand was completely indifferent. I was very disappointed in that area.
The shelborne is in a great location, it is clean, and well maintained, The nightly rated were very reasonable. The guest rooms do need a little bit of updating.
I would recommend to a friend, and stay here again.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are amazing, request a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

When we arrived, we were immediately surprised with an additional $300 charge for incidentals, which is returned at the end of the stay. It would have been nice to have this information shared upfront, so we could plan accordingly. The bell hop was lazy and did not assist us with our bags to our room. Then when a guy noticed we were pushing a cart, he commented that we should not be handling the cart. This is because he wanted the tip! Upon entering our room, we were immediately greeted with a funky underarm-type musty stinch. The images on the internet lead us to believe we were staying in a stylish "boutique" hotel. However, there were no decorations (not even pictures hanging). We noticed mold around the rim of the toilet; clumps of dust in the air vents; and dirt all over the box springs. The air conditioner was loud and annoying and there were no curtains, but instead cheap shades. The windows were so filthy we could not enjoy the ocean view. When I attempted to lower one of the shades, it fell on me. The toilet paper holder is placed in an awkard position (in relation to the toilet). It was located almost behind the toilet. We had to reach back behind our heads to grab toilet paper. The sink was leaking underneath and the remote for the television did not work. Whenever we asked for assistance, no one ever came and no one seemed to care. We asked for towels the second morning and after waiting for three hours, we had to call again. The "complimentary" drinks were weak and depending on which bartender served us, we either received one weak drink each or however many we could down within the hour. The cushions outside in the sitting/lounge areas were filthy with stains and holes. The complimentary breakfast sucked! We had a choice of dry bread, dry danish bites, off-brand cereal, coffee and or orange juice. For dinner, my friend ordered salmon. When asked if we were enjoying our meals, my friend expressed her dislike for the over-cooked fish and the waitress simply walked away without offering to accommodate her. On Saturday afternoon, we decided to hang out at the beach. We paid hotel resort fees for 4 people. Although we paid the resort fees, the gentleman outside managing the chairs and umbrellas charged us an additional $20 because he claimed the fee only included two people per room. Then after a slight disagreement and some research he refunded the money. Before checking out, we called for bell hop. No one showed. We ended up carrying all of our luggage downstairs, in order to avoid late check out fees. After my girlfriend complained, the bell hop became over zealous, to the point that he packed our car with our bags and left my clothes hanging on the rack! He continued to apologize for not initially assisting us. I drove off not realizing my clothes were hanging on the rack. I live out of town, so I had to inconvenience a friend by asking him to drive down from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Beach to retrieve my items. Upon his arrival, the valet attempted to charge him for parking. Then the person at the front desk told him they did not have my items, after they had confirmed with me earlier that day that they did have it. In the end, he did retrieve the items. I will NEVER stay here again and wish we had read the reviews first. This place sucks. If this is the best Miami Beach has to offer, they can keep it! PLEASE BE WARNED THIS PLACE IS AWFUL!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Eville, INdiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Rented townhouse $850 nightly. Two hours after check in we were put in a room with no sir conditioning and filthy. Did get moved to a nicer townhouse .. first night over 2 hours spent on resolving accomodstion issues . Rude note left under door about issue with credit csrd that turnrd out not to be correct ...another 30 mins st drsk resolving ...staff shortage at front desk.....lsst night there from 2:00am til 10:00 am we had to listen to the pool, pool furnishings and decking being powerwashed .... restaurant good , lucy's cantina good, happy hour nice touch... if Wyndam is tsking over this property they have their work cut out

Room Tip: Have no idea...front desk full of folks complaining
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!