“Fleabag” 1 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #149 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
“Fleabag”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The room was worn out and filthy. Dirty, worn out carpets, doors that won't close, bathroom in in terrible disrepair, ant infestation, cigarette butt in sink upon check-in. Completely disappointing.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Tankf_12, I apologize if you were displeased with your accommodations during your stay. Your detailed description of your stay will be shared with all managers and will serve as a guideline to address each of the issues you have brought to our attention.Feel free to contact us at shelborneguest@meninhotels.com if you wish to further discuss this matter.

464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had some friends coming into SoBe to visit.
The room was cute clean and modern. Had a very boutique hotel feel and was a bit pricey but the location is perfect for SoBe tourists.
The front desk was efficient and friendly
The beach is steps away and they have beach chairs and beach service but

What makes me love the hotel is the pool and the pool bar staff, most notably Fabian and Alex

They were super friendly, great fun and our margaritas rivaled the best of the great state of Texas.
The fish tacos and guacamole were fresh and tasty.

Luckily, I live in SoBe and I will definitely be back to enjoy the food, drinks and atmosphere of the Lucy's Cantina.
and I will recommend Shelborne to anyone coming to visit me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lara B, We are delighted to hear that our staff here at the Shelborne went above and beyond in accommodating your friends who were visiting and making sure everything went smoothly. It’s also wonderful they enjoyed our prime location in the heart of South Beach and many of our amenities such as our newly renovated pool deck, restaurants. It is our priority to exceed our guests expectations and we look forward to having you back in the near future. Once again we thank you for your high praise of our property and for taking the time to acknowledge Fabian and Alex from the pool bar. Hope to see you soon and have a wonderful holiday season!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked a room and pre-paid our room for $341. When we arrived, they declined us with the reason that they were oversold. We already PAID the room 1 month before we arrived. Also, when we left, there were still people checking in to the rooms. On the night, there was an event in Miami, and rooms could be sold at very high price.

Although we're transferred to one of their other properties, it was not the same hotel and room. The room is small and has no view. The room was only $241 per night, and they did not refund any of our money. It is so ridiculous. My advice to you is Do NOT stay at Shelborne Hotel if you don't want to get declined from having the room you ALREADY PAID.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Noble L, Its sad to hear of your inconveniences during you stay with us. We apologize for the complications you encountered with your reservation. I will definitely be mentioning your comment to our managerial staff in order to further address this issue. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and I hope despite the inconveniences you encountered you were still able to enjoy your time on South Beach. If will If there is anything we can do to turn this experience around please contact us at shelborneguest@meninhotels.com and we will be very happy to assist you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We arrived at the Shelborne seeking same night accommodations. We were pleasantly greeted at the entrance by Rey Mundo who was very helpful. The rate was by far the best we had seen in the area and he was kind enough to upgrade us to a ocean-view room with a mini fridge. The room was simple but but nice and comfortable. The pool area is quite nice and you're just steps away from the beach/ocean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear luvs_to_travel_12212, We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to post this INCREDIBLE review! We are very pleased to hear that you considered the Shelborne to be one of the nicest hotel you encountered while traveling to South Beach. We appreciate your kind words regarding our newly renovated property and amenities. I will personally take the time recognize Reymundo for his kindness and professionalism. We hope you will join us at the Shelborne in the near future and truly appreciate your comments.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My scenario: My flight landed around 530pm. I took my chances and booked my stay via Hotel Tonight (an app I highly recommend. you can sign up for it with code: asiongco and get a $25 credit). As usual, I got a good stay at a nice price.

Do note: there is a $25 resort fee at Shelborne (it includes wireless internet, continental breakfast, 2 drinks in their lounge/bar in the evening, and a beach chair).

Overall, I was pleased with the room. At first glance, it looks pretty impressive. It felt spacious and the bed was comfortable. After a while though, you notice the room would benefit from a deep cleaning and renovation. It's not that the room felt dirty, but there were several areas of wear and tear, scuff marks, and stains. Once that is taken care of, it would definitely move up from a good hotel to a great hotel. :)

I needed an hotel for a 2nd night, and I contemplated booking at another place on Collins Ave for a similar price. Ultimately, I decided to book again with Shelborne, because they have really great staff. It's been quite some time since I've stayed at a hotel where everyone is sincerely welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The bellhops were quick to assist with my luggage even though it was a small carry on. Each time I walked through the lobby, they would greet me and chat a bit. Rafael, the concierge, assisted me with information on Wynwood Walls and even suggested places to check out the Cotto fight when I arrived.

I can't say enough about the front desk as well. Raimundo gave the best first impression of the hotel. He was warm, professional, and had a great sense of humor. Coming from someone also in the travel/tourism & hospitality sector, this often makes the difference, and he won me over. Much thanks to him for taking care of me during my stay.

So, if you need a place to crash (and let's be real, no one stays in their room all day when they are in Miami), why not pick a place where they make you feel at home?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Alyssa S, Thank you for sharing this wonderful review. At the Shelborne, our goal is to create fond memories for you and your family, and we are truly delighted that you consider the Shelborne to be your home away from home. Although our extravagant amenities make us unique, it is our outstanding colleagues who help make your visit memorable. Thank you very much for recognizing Rafael, Raimundo and the entire front desk staff for the incredible service and professionalism that they provided you. We take customer service very seriously and strive to go above and beyond for our guests so it is extremely satisfying to receive this recognition for our hard work. Once again we thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time for writing this wonderful review. Hope to see you again in the near future and have a wonderful holiday season!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Shelborne has bein redesign and is beautiful and very modern!. It has a perfect location, great design, nice room, clean, beatiful swimming pool. Good attention, nice restaurante. Sea view, with direct access to beach. Good price

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear AgustinaChiesa, Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for being such a loyal customer. Its great to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We have put a lot of time and effort in updating our hotel facilities in order to keep improving guest experiences and it always wonderful to hear when our guests notice and appreciate our work. We await your next visit to Miami, hopefully very soon!
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Entire hotel is in need of repair. Carpet is stained, faucets leak and chairs are broken. Staff is mediocre at best. The quickest I have retrieved my car from valet ($35/night) is 30 minutes. Service is not of importance to this property. One thing it does have going for it is location.

• Stayed November 2012
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear rexchicago, Dear Traveler, I apologize if the service that you received was unsatisfactory and for any inconveniences you went through during your recent stay at our hotel. We are taking your detailed feedback very seriously and will use it for training purposes as our goal is to provide exceptional service and create remarkable experiences for all our guests. Rest assured your comments will be shared directly with our management team in an effort to correct the issues you have mentioned. Our mission is to be the best hotel and we hope you will give us another chance to prove this to you with your next visit. Since last year we have gone through major renovation and constantly been upgrading our hotel facilities to improve our guest experience so I am sorry to hear that you had trouble regarding your room. We hope you will consider coming back to us in the near future and when you do please contact me directly at Shelborneguest@meninhotels.com to make you next time you get the full Shelborne experience.

Been to Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!