“Fantastic service and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #156 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Fantastic service and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We arrived at the Shelborne seeking same night accommodations. We were pleasantly greeted at the entrance by Rey Mundo who was very helpful. The rate was by far the best we had seen in the area and he was kind enough to upgrade us to a ocean-view room with a mini fridge. The room was simple but but nice and comfortable. The pool area is quite nice and you're just steps away from the beach/ocean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear luvs_to_travel_12212, We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to post this INCREDIBLE review! We are very pleased to hear that you considered the Shelborne to be one of the nicest hotel you encountered while traveling to South Beach. We appreciate your kind words regarding our newly renovated property and amenities. I will personally take the time recognize Reymundo for his kindness and professionalism. We hope you will join us at the Shelborne in the near future and truly appreciate your comments.

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My scenario: My flight landed around 530pm. I took my chances and booked my stay via Hotel Tonight (an app I highly recommend. you can sign up for it with code: asiongco and get a $25 credit). As usual, I got a good stay at a nice price.

Do note: there is a $25 resort fee at Shelborne (it includes wireless internet, continental breakfast, 2 drinks in their lounge/bar in the evening, and a beach chair).

Overall, I was pleased with the room. At first glance, it looks pretty impressive. It felt spacious and the bed was comfortable. After a while though, you notice the room would benefit from a deep cleaning and renovation. It's not that the room felt dirty, but there were several areas of wear and tear, scuff marks, and stains. Once that is taken care of, it would definitely move up from a good hotel to a great hotel. :)

I needed an hotel for a 2nd night, and I contemplated booking at another place on Collins Ave for a similar price. Ultimately, I decided to book again with Shelborne, because they have really great staff. It's been quite some time since I've stayed at a hotel where everyone is sincerely welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The bellhops were quick to assist with my luggage even though it was a small carry on. Each time I walked through the lobby, they would greet me and chat a bit. Rafael, the concierge, assisted me with information on Wynwood Walls and even suggested places to check out the Cotto fight when I arrived.

I can't say enough about the front desk as well. Raimundo gave the best first impression of the hotel. He was warm, professional, and had a great sense of humor. Coming from someone also in the travel/tourism & hospitality sector, this often makes the difference, and he won me over. Much thanks to him for taking care of me during my stay.

So, if you need a place to crash (and let's be real, no one stays in their room all day when they are in Miami), why not pick a place where they make you feel at home?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Alyssa S, Thank you for sharing this wonderful review. At the Shelborne, our goal is to create fond memories for you and your family, and we are truly delighted that you consider the Shelborne to be your home away from home. Although our extravagant amenities make us unique, it is our outstanding colleagues who help make your visit memorable. Thank you very much for recognizing Rafael, Raimundo and the entire front desk staff for the incredible service and professionalism that they provided you. We take customer service very seriously and strive to go above and beyond for our guests so it is extremely satisfying to receive this recognition for our hard work. Once again we thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time for writing this wonderful review. Hope to see you again in the near future and have a wonderful holiday season!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Shelborne has bein redesign and is beautiful and very modern!. It has a perfect location, great design, nice room, clean, beatiful swimming pool. Good attention, nice restaurante. Sea view, with direct access to beach. Good price

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear AgustinaChiesa, Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for being such a loyal customer. Its great to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We have put a lot of time and effort in updating our hotel facilities in order to keep improving guest experiences and it always wonderful to hear when our guests notice and appreciate our work. We await your next visit to Miami, hopefully very soon!
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Entire hotel is in need of repair. Carpet is stained, faucets leak and chairs are broken. Staff is mediocre at best. The quickest I have retrieved my car from valet ($35/night) is 30 minutes. Service is not of importance to this property. One thing it does have going for it is location.

• Stayed November 2012
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear rexchicago, Dear Traveler, I apologize if the service that you received was unsatisfactory and for any inconveniences you went through during your recent stay at our hotel. We are taking your detailed feedback very seriously and will use it for training purposes as our goal is to provide exceptional service and create remarkable experiences for all our guests. Rest assured your comments will be shared directly with our management team in an effort to correct the issues you have mentioned. Our mission is to be the best hotel and we hope you will give us another chance to prove this to you with your next visit. Since last year we have gone through major renovation and constantly been upgrading our hotel facilities to improve our guest experience so I am sorry to hear that you had trouble regarding your room. We hope you will consider coming back to us in the near future and when you do please contact me directly at Shelborneguest@meninhotels.com to make you next time you get the full Shelborne experience.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I booked this hotel for a 2 night stay to go to a concert in downtown. Location was great, room was nice and staff was very helpful. Upon check in, we received 2 free drinks at the bar, free continental breakfast and padded chairs on the beach. Breakfast was simple continental but sufficient. Room was nice..small but had everything you need.Stayed on the 8th floor and if you stay, ask for a room that is not facing Collins Ave or the 18th street side street as noise was audible in the early morning. Bed was extremely comfortable and great pillows. Bathroom was re-modeled and housekeeping was very good. No ice machines on floors but if you call the front desk, they bring ice within 15 minutes. Lighting in the room could be better..no end lamps on sides of bed just tall lamp in corner and ceiling fan with light fixture. Overall a nice experience and would stay again!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing water or poolside not Collins Ave or side street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Wayne4221, I am pleased that we were able to create a memorable and enjoyable first stay for you at the Shelborne South Beach! Our staff works relentlessly to provide a great experience for our guests. It is great to hear that you loved all of the amenities that we are able to provide, such as delicious restaurants, great drinks and pool cabanas. We are truly delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back for some more fun in the sun in the near future! Please email me directly at shelborneguest@meninhotels.com the next time you wish to book your next stay with us so I can provide you a great rate! Thank you again for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Had a good time again my stay at the shelborne as always. There was only one problem. The room I was told I had was not what I had when I arrived. I ended up staying and The 2nd day was much smoother. And I was switched to the correct room. My friend that play in the NFL paid for a room upgrade for a occeanview new renovated room and was told they couldnt make the request so he ended up leaving. Once again the Raphael was great. With making jet ski reservations and asking questions throughout my trip. I would highly recommend this hotel to others as long as service stays the same as all my previous visits. With that said I'm coming back dec 9-11 to celebrate my friends b day. I reserved my rooms b4 I left during my last stay

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Vf_changs, On behalf of the Shelborne Team, we’d like to thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We work hard to train our staff to deliver quality service to ensure our guests' have a memorable experience and its wonderful to hear we have been able to accomplish this for you during your multiple visits. Rafael is a true asset to our team. We appreciate your feedback and we will use it as a learning tool in order to better guest experience in the future. Once again thank you for being such a loyal customer and we look forward to having you back in December. Have a wonderful Holidays.
Nice, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

great location, great pool and bar with access to the beach. Poor breakfast, hotel front desk service is unfriendly, rooms are clean but need to check details. The chair of the room 536 it is broken, asked to change it 3 times and nothing happened...

Room Tip: be aware of check-in time
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Andres74, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize if the service that you received was unsatisfactory. I will be discussing this with our management and front desk in order to address the issues that you encountered during your stay. We would love to make it up to you and make your experience a great one. Please contact us at shelborneguest@meninhotels.com in order to accommodate you in the future.

Been to Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!