“bad bad bad” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #160 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“bad bad bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. Checkin was a breeze. Once i arrived at my room I swiped my keycard and realived I had to kick tne door for it to open. Not a good thing. The free contintental breakfast is horrible. After checking out the next day I left my luggage with the hotel to do a little shopping on the ave. When I picked up my luggage the handle was broken, making it impossible to use. Once i notified management they gave me a very hard time. They did not want to replace my bag that was broken in tneir posession. At the end all tney would do was refund my $25.00 resort fee, which was a huge disappointment being tnat my bag cost so much more. I will not be staying at this hotel again.:-)

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear kbyrd, We are very sorry to hear about the challenges you encountered during your stay. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback and your detailed description of your stay will be shared with all managers and will serve as a guideline to address each of the issues you have brought to our attention. Once again, we apologize for the inconveniences and hope we could win you back. Please contact us directly at shelborneguest@meninhotels.com, we value you as a guest and hope to have the opportunity to impress you during a future stay.

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

They have done a great job with the renovation of this hotel, I've been going to South Beach for a long time and have stayed at the best and worst hotels. This hotel was great, I was there for work and it was conveniently located. The room was pleasantly nice and the size was good, we had a great view of the ocean.

if you're a party person, they had a huge pool party on Saturday afternoon which looked like lot's of fun, if you like more of a quiet place, this is not the hotel for you. The restaurant/bar by the pool had great drinks and food, I was not impressed by the other restaurant on the premises, there are other much better restaurants in SoBe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Decided last minute to stay at shelborne and i loved it there. I got a good beach view point and the hotel staff was very helpful. I walked in needing a room and the hotel staff Addy was a star. He went the extra mile and worked around my schedule nicely. I would recommend shelborne over and over again but d only fault would be the bath tub needing an upgrade but all in all its good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Mayen K, Thank you for your time to post this wonderful review. At the Shelborne, we take customer service very seriously and strive to go above and beyond for our guests so it is extremely satisfying to receive this recognition. Addy will definitely be acknowledged for the incredible service and professionalism that he provided you. Once again, thank you for this review and we hope to having you back soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The place looks good from the brochures but when you enter your room it is dirty... The furniture looks like they went to a yard sale and just mismatched whatever old broken down furniture they could find. The showers continually changed temperatures from scalding hot to freezing cold and the continental breakfast that you have to pay for in the resort fee is meager at best. At breakfast there were only 10 tables and about 20 rooms of people so they had us sit with people from other rooms. Overall, awful stay!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Sportsrizzo, I apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay. It seems like you must have stayed in one of our standard rooms and we would love to win you back. We are constantly upgrading our facilities to accommodate our guests and we invite you to stay in one of our newly renovated premier rooms at a special rate. Your comments regarding the continental breakfast will be passed along to out restaurant managers in order to further address the issue. Once again, I apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay and hope that you contact us directly at shelborneguest@meninhotels.com so we could turn your experience into a positive one.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I will NEVER stay again or recommend. Let's see - Nice size rooms with full kitchen, washer and dryer, and 50" flat screens, close to beach, mostly nice staff. -breath- This largish suite had only 1 wash cloth and 8 towels; there are clear signs of repairs, mildew in many places, spare TV stand sitting in BR with no purpose since TV is on dresser; curtains offer almost no privacy; the hotel has a slight mildew smell to it. With the amount of space in the suites this could be a destination resort - just done completely WRONG!!!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear SSG C, We greatly appreciate the time you took to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay. I am very sorry for your inconveniences regarding your room. We will use the information that you stated to notify engineering and housekeeping in order to correct these units. Once again, I appreciate your patience and understanding with regards to the condition of your room and we hope we could win you back. Please contact me directly at shelborneguest@meninhotels.com if you wish to discuss the matters further.
Chatham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my mom, grandma and friend for 3 nights. The Ocean view was the best I have ever had in Florida! The room was smaller than it looked in the pictures and the pull out bed from the sofa was lumpy and felt like we were sleeping on very hard springs. But the next night they supplied us with an air mattress which was so much better!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Terrie_Horvath, Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your wonderful ocean view. I apologize for the minor mishap regarding your pull out bed but I am glad to hear our staff was able to resolve that for you and provide you with a more comfortable option. We greatly appreciate your review and hope to see you again in the near future!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

First of all I had a certificate and I called in three times each time no one helped but the 4th time a young lady named Shanice helped me to make the reservation and the lady nobi who checked me in was also very nice the rooms itself was wonderful and overall a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Kylie w, Glad to hear you found our incredible staff accommodating! We work hard to train our staff to deliver quality service to ensure our guests' have a memorable experience. Thank you for taking the time to notice and were very delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay. Once again thank you very much for your feedback and we how to see you again soon!

Been to Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!