The Shelborne just finished a huge makeover in some of their public areas and it looks great. Unfortunately, outside of the lobby, bar and pool area, you're still left with the crumbling, cheaply finished outdated rooms they had to begin with. The location however, cannot be beat, 90% of your $$$ is going to that.
The staff doesn't' keep up. Elevators and hallways are filled with dirt and garbage for hours. Depending on the weekend and neighbors, you lungs will be filled with the secondhand smoke of the rooms around your or the sounds of arguing guests.
The reception desk is rather clueless, they do not seem to be aware of anything that is going on in the hotel so they cannot direct you to the events. some are friendly though.
The restaurants are a different story. Lucy's Cantina serves up some great tacos poolside. Vesper Brasserie, which initially looked sketchy until we went through the kitchen into the true dining room was a hidden gem. The restaurant serves fantastic upscale comfort food with great service in an elegant setting.
- Also Known As:
- Shelborne South Beach Hotel
- Shelborne South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Shelborne Beach Hotel
- Shelborne Beach Miami
- Hotel Miami Shelbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a multi million renovation to be complete at the end of 2011, the Shelborne makes a re-entry to the Miami Beach scene in a classic rebirth of perfect Art Deco style. Modern accommodations and amenities meld seamlessly with tropical retro ambiance while an amazing beachfront location calls you to relax among gentle ocean breezes. Offering an unbeatable location in the heart of the South Beach, the Shelborne is one of the largest meeting and event spaces with over 8,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor flexible space. With three amazing dining outlets on site, there is something to meet everyone's likings. Greet the day with a warm espresso at Vesper American Brasserie outdoor cafe. Lunch and Dinner served daily both in the outdoor cafe and the indoor brasserie. Lucy's Cantina Royale serving up the best in tacos and homemade guacamole with chips made daily. Bar Tanaka is the newest sushi spot to hit South Beach, located in the lobby of the Hotel. Chef Zama Tanaka brings his skills from Philadelphia to serve some of the best sushi dishes Miami has to offer.Let Shelborne play host to any milestone event. Choose from four renovated spaces to accommodate intimate occasions or lavish affairs. Our referrals for preferred event planning specialists and our own onsite catering personnel and wait staff are here to assist with any and all event needs leading up to the big day. From weddings to Bar Mitzvahs, holiday parties to work conferences, Shelborne’s goal is to provide guests with our signature brand of all-inclusive hospitality. Utilizing the top resources on Miami Beach, we’re here to cater to your special celebration. Kick back and enjoy the festivities – and leave the heavy lifting to us. Vesper is the ideal setting to host an engagement party or rehearsal dinner. With three beautiful backdrops to set the tone for your big day, state of the art AV technology, and delicious fare, Vesper American Brasserie will leave both you and your guests extremely satisfied. Lucy's Cantina Royale is the perfect back drop to walk down the aisle as the sun is setting or an oasis to host your guests at a beachfront taqueria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.