“Elizabeth is awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Front Porch Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 875 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 14th
Description: We are currently updating our dinner menu. Please check our website for the latest dinner updates. The story of Ocean Drive is everchanging, but our neighborhood spot has remained the same for more than 20 years as a laid back classic & memorable Home- cooked experience.
“Elizabeth is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

A friend of mine and I stop by the front porch cafe for breakfast...Our server, Elizabeth was absolutely fantastic, friendly, nice and attentive...my favorite thing was when she said "what can I do to make your breakfast better? "
I eat here from time to time and it was Elizabeth who made the whole experience great! Food is pretty good too!
I will return because of her!

“Good hearty breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We really liked this place for breakfast. Sat on the terrace both times, service was good and the food was good value for money. There is plenty to choose from on the menu, I had the green eggs which was coloured by fresh pesto. It was really good. Fresh fruit accompaniment was excellent as was the sour dough toast. Really nice place. Cafe con leche was more to my taste than the refil coffee. Service was quick but not rushed.

Visited May 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great place - a "must"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The meal was fabulous and the service excellent. Our waitperson, Chris, was most helpful & personable. His recommendations were on point and his patience, bar none, the best.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Get your day off to the right start in SoBe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Having read previous reviews on Trip Advisor we tried the Front Porch on our first morning in South Beach and were so pleased we did. Great surroundings, inside & outside areas to eat, great food and really good staff make this an ideal breakfast haunt although they are open all day so try any time. You can't make reservations so might have to wait but the morning we went we were seated straight away on the busy outside deck.
We were served by Mikki (apologies if she reads this and I have got it wrong) who made sure we had exactly what we wanted even if it was a variation on the menu. I was torn between the house special omelettes or scrambled egg options so finally went healthy with the fruit bowl plus yogurt & granola which was fantastic.
Do try this place, you can't book but worth the trip and a few minutes wait to get in.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Florida, Florida
“Good for a casual dinner too”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at the Front Porch Cafe at the Z Ocean Hotel during our recent visit to South Beach. We usually eat elsewhere when we stay at the Z Ocean Hotel, but this time we decided to try the hotel restaurant -- we've had breakfast and lunch there before, but not dinner.

Most of the reviews here are for breakfast, so I wasn't sure what to expect, Overall, we enjoyed the meal, and the service was very good. My wife had the Burger Deluxe, with blue cheese and without the mushrooms it normally comes with. I had the Fish & Chips, which was made with grouper and served with both malt vinegar and tartar sauce. My wife thought her burger was good, and I thought the fish & chips was better than most fish & chips I've had before -- not too greasy, and the grouper was denser than the usual fish & chips fare and didn't fall apart when I was eating it. The fries were the natural-cut variety, which aren't my favorite type (my wife likes them), but they were good.

I have to say I was a little disappointed with the menu. One of the reasons we decided to try the restaurant was because the dinner menu posted here and on the Z Ocean Hotel's web site had some interesting options. The restaurant's web site doesn't have a dinner menu posted -- the dinner menu link just says "The Front Porch Cafe is currently developing a new and exciting dinner concept. Please stop in and try our exciting new menu!" Unfortunately, the new menu isn't as nearly as interesting as the old one and there are fewer options. (If it ain't broke...)

I rated the Front Porch average overall because the are lots of great restaurants in South Beach and the Front Porch doesn't offer anything to stand out from the crowd. However, if you're staying at the Z Ocean Hotel and are looking for a convenient and casual place to have dinner, the Front Porch is worth considering. If you do go, check to see if there's a Groupon available.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere