Norwegian Cruise Lines pointed us towards this hotel and we were quite pleased. I've had several vacations that got off on the wrong foot by the airlines, so I wanted to get to Miami a day ahead. This is a perfect choice. The price (through Norwegian) was right.
We took a taxi from the airport. Registration went smoothly. Loved the palm leaf patterned carpet. The room was more than adequate - not luxurious, but it was clean, attractive and had everything we needed. I loved the smorgasbord of pillows labeled with firmness.
We were there on a Friday night and they had a nice event in the bar - samples of wine, cheese and bananas foster. But it was National Margarita Day and we wanted to experience the boardwalk. LOVED strolling the boardwalk which was right behind the hotel.
There's a restaurant with a buffet in the lobby, but we didn't try it. It seemed pricey for breakfast, so we went to the Subway down the street.
The pool area was attractive, but we didn't really have time to swim. The gym was nice, but Saturday morning it was crowded, so we walked on the beach instead. The beach is lovely. The vegetation on the dunes was a surprise to me. I sort of envision hotel, pool, beach, water. Between the pool and the beach is the boardwalk (remember I loved that) and over-gown dunes. that may be normal where you're from, but it was odd to me.
The Norwegian shuttle came as promised and on time. You're minutes away from the pier.
I'd recommend this hotel to others and I'd return to it myself.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Holiday Inn Miami Beach Hotel
- Miami Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miami Beach hotel has a premium oceanfront location! Welcome to the tropically inspired Holiday Inn Miami Beach - Oceanfront, where our 1950's Miami Modern exterior blends seamlessly with vibrant contemporary South Beach style to wrap you in modern comfort. Eleven miles east of Miami International Airport, our Miami Beach hotel is located where I-195 meets A1A at the Atlantic Ocean.Our hotel in Miami Beach offers you an unparalleled location, with the Atlantic Ocean's sandy beaches as our backyard. Follow the South Beach Boardwalk into the Art Deco world of South Beach for shopping, dining or the vibrant nightclubs. Take a moonlit stroll on the beach by night and play in the surf by day, or simply relax by our large pool overlooking the beach and our lush, tropical garden with its hammock oasis; it's a great way to spend a sunny afternoon. Families will find it easy to get to Miami's museums and attractions, as many are within 15 miles of our hotel.Business guests appreciate the close proximity of our hotel to the Miami Beach Convention Center, two miles away. Our Miami Beach accommodations are within 10 miles of Sony, Mt. Sinai Hospital and the University of Miami. The free wireless Internet access will help you stay in touch while you travel.Our non-smoking hotel is perfect for a Miami Beach trip. You can enjoy a delicious meal at our Paradise Cafe, dine in your room, or have a yummy Mojito at our Blue Parrot Bar. We have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.