“Not luxury - just perfect comfort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Miami Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4333 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-3212 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #86 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Vienna, Austria
“Not luxury - just perfect comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

To find a decent, comfortable and not too expensive accomodation on the beach front is not easy. We were lucky with this Holiday Inn. The pool was nice, the rooms comfortable and clean. The W-LAN was free of charge also in the rooms. Breakfast was decent and not too pricey. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view. There are no balconies!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

995 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here knowing it was a quick bus ride from South Beach. We spent most of our time at South Beach simply because beaches are far better there i.e. more choices to eat and finer sand. North Beach's rocky shores can wear on your feet. This hotel is clean and well kept, with nice rooms and a delicious breakfast. The in-room coffee is AWFUL, they'd do well to address that. The walls are VERY THIN. There was lots of noise and frequently we heard banging noises from above, we assumed it was kids playing. I understand this is a family friendly property but come on, the constant banging became quite irritating. To be fair the hotel was responsive to the noise issue. The first night we asked to move due to a very loud neighbor and the hotel obliged. However, when I initially phoned to ask the manager about moving, Vanessa in guest services advised me she did not know where the manager was, when they'd return, or until what time they would be on property. Nope, wrong, sorry. Please don't lie to me. Anyway, Manny, the manager on duty was very attentive and got us into a "quieter" room still heard a lot of banging though. I should mention the first room they showed us as an alternative was occupied. Oops. Which leads nicely into the next shortcoming. On our third night a houseman entered our room, uninvited. No knock, nothing, just walked right in. He said, "Oh sorry, I thought this room was vacant." Ok, sure next time knock first. Obviously there is a pattern of barging into occupied rooms, you should at least announce yourself first. When I used the business center to print boarding passes the computer froze and I wasted $2. Not a big sum of cash but its the principle to a traveler like myself. I asked the front desk to print our passes and return my $2, Carlos looked at me and said, curtly by the way, "Why do you want your money if I print the passes?" I had grown quite tired of speaking with management so I took my passes and got on with my life. This hotel ok at best and I would not return or recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed November 2012
Wilsonville, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here while attending a conference nearby at one of the more expensive hotels. It's an older property but is maintained well. It has a very nice location and is easily accessible. The property has direct access to the boardwalk so I was able to walk north several hundred yards until it ended, and south for literally miles. It is a fair distance to walk to any of the major restaurant or shopping areas, but, in the absence of rain, it can be a pleasant experience. The staff at the hotel was courteous and helpful. The on-site restaurant and bar were clean and the food was tasty. Overall, it was a good experience and I don't have any trouble recommending it.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have a great view of the beach
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fannett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good location, away from all the construction areas, easy access to the beach and friendly staff! Rooms are old and outdated, but clean! Received free room upgrade for being a platinum priority club member! Wifi did not work!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We had reasonable expectations based on earlier reviews, and not being hard to please, we didn't think at all this hotel would be anything less than a good place to lie our heads. When we checked in, the room had clearly seen livelier days, but we didn't not expect that. Not a great room, and not very clean, but we chalked it up to staying at a cheaper hotel. On our first day, coming in at 5pm after being out since very early in the morning, we found housekeeping still hasn't been by. A bit of a disappointed, and a minor strike, but not the reason for this review. Following this, after returning from a late dinner, my husband and I discovered that neither of the 2 keys to the room worked. After trying to get recoded twice, and spending over an hour with security, trying to break into our room, we were left without assistance, or a solution. Not only were they unsuccessful in opening the door, but they woke up most of the other local guests, who was equally upset with the late wake up call. We are still sitting outside of a door that not open. Not worth the few bucks you would save elsewhere, highly would not recommend staying in this cheap, dirty hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Located a couple of blocks away from the Fontainebleau, this hotel is easily accessed coming from Miami. It's away from the noise of South Beach. Yet, I found the location convenient, kind of the juction between South Beach and Miami. It's also far from active construction sites (several of them on Collins Ave as of November 2012, Courtyard Marriott being the biggest one).
Check in was a breeze, thanks to Joyce. We got room 531, which is a great corner room w/king bed (very comfy), more square feet than usual, ocean and pool view, OK bathroom. Room negatives: as pointed out by other reviewers, no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Also, sound proofing is bad. You can hear a lot of what's going on next door and upstairs.
A/C works well and is silent.
Pool is nice. Music playing around the pool was actually pretty good (and not too loud).
Holiday Inn (as all other hotels in the area) doesn't have direct beach access. You must cross the boardwalk. Once on the beach, there is no reserved spot. If you want a chair and umbrella, you must rent those from the beach guys (plenty available, chairs go for 10$/day).
Fitness center is minimalist. One threadmill, one bicycle, one exercise machine. No weights.
WiFi was really slow and inconsistent in our room, so I used my 3G card all the time.
2 computers available in the lobby with printers and Internet access ($ by the minute).
The lobby area is kept very cold (must be under 65). It prevented us from staying there for any longer than we needed to. Way too cold.
Breakfast was under par. No real espresso available. They have one of these phony machines which produces a kind of syrup that has nothing to do with real coffee. My recommandation: walk 5 minutes to the Eden Roc hotel and hit the Starbucks. They have real coffee, and a few options for healthy breakfasts (yogurt, fruits, oatmeal).
One thing that we regretted, but it seems to affect all hotels at this time of year: by 3pm at most, the hotel itself casts a huge shadow on the pool area, so there is no way of sitting in the sun around the pool.
Now the Valet thing: True, you know in advance and they make it very clear they will charge you 29$/day for mandatory valet. I still couldn't help being frustrated by it. First the amount is ridiculous, second the service is not up to par. Several times we had to wait 15 minutes or more for the car to arrive when we needed it. They asked us to call before we came down, but that only seemed to create confusion and make things worse. Several times we were waiting for the car and the guys were chatting and having a good time. For 29$, I expect to see guys running... If you plan to walk most of the time or stay at the hotel and make a trip or two to Miami during your stay, take a cab, or rent a car from National or Alamo, which are right across the street from the Hotel.
Pros: Nice staff, good location, nice pool, free WiFi, quiet
Cons: !VALET!, inconsistent WiFi, under par food, no real espresso, arctic lobby
Tips: Don't come with a car, or get a rate that includes valet. Closest decent lunch is Carraba's italian grill, make a right on the boardwalk and it's a block south. Closest dinner (and one of the best places to eat in Miami Beach): Cecconi's, in the Soho Beach House, make a right on Collins and it's the second building heading north. Dress up and enjoy a classy setting and great italian food. For joggers: make a right on the boarwalk, run to where the wooden boardwalk ends, and you have run approx. 2 kms. Or make a right on Collins, cross the street to be along the waterfront after the curve, and run north. When you reach 5500 Collins, you have run approx 2kms. 6000 Collins, you have run approx 3 kms.

Room Tip: Rooms x31 and x34 are the best, corner rooms closest to ocean. x31 has ocean AND pool view. x32 and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time in this hotel, and i am not disapointed at all. The rooms are clean and specious. Location? Is not the best one because you are not right on the art deco district, but guest what you are right on the bech which is a big plus. To me was not an issue being away from the center because there is a bus right outside the hotel that takes you to Lincon Road,Espanola way,Ocean Dry and all the attraction even to the airport.

There were two things I didn't really like on this hotel. First of all, it was at my arrival when I tried to check in, the person at the front desk wasn't that friendly and helpful.

However, the second day I got to meet Juan and Dennis whom they changed everything around. These two persons made me think and feel different. There were very profesional, friendly and helpful. Also, I would like to mention one person by the pool who made my stay wonderful and made me feel like home, he was always there to help and assist and anything i needed. His name is Jose. He is the best!

The second thing which was okayed, was the cafe at the lobby. The food was okay, but nothing special and it is very expensive. There is a French Cafe acros the brige which is really good and at very good price.

Overall it was a good stay and defently I will recommended and stay here again.

Please say hi to José From NYC.

Jaime J.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Miami Beach? Share your experiences!