“Good location, great view of the beach!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Miami Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4333 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-3212 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #87 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Fannett, Texas
“Good location, great view of the beach!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good location, away from all the construction areas, easy access to the beach and friendly staff! Rooms are old and outdated, but clean! Received free room upgrade for being a platinum priority club member! Wifi did not work!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

981 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We had reasonable expectations based on earlier reviews, and not being hard to please, we didn't think at all this hotel would be anything less than a good place to lie our heads. When we checked in, the room had clearly seen livelier days, but we didn't not expect that. Not a great room, and not very clean, but we chalked it up to staying at a cheaper hotel. On our first day, coming in at 5pm after being out since very early in the morning, we found housekeeping still hasn't been by. A bit of a disappointed, and a minor strike, but not the reason for this review. Following this, after returning from a late dinner, my husband and I discovered that neither of the 2 keys to the room worked. After trying to get recoded twice, and spending over an hour with security, trying to break into our room, we were left without assistance, or a solution. Not only were they unsuccessful in opening the door, but they woke up most of the other local guests, who was equally upset with the late wake up call. We are still sitting outside of a door that not open. Not worth the few bucks you would save elsewhere, highly would not recommend staying in this cheap, dirty hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Located a couple of blocks away from the Fontainebleau, this hotel is easily accessed coming from Miami. It's away from the noise of South Beach. Yet, I found the location convenient, kind of the juction between South Beach and Miami. It's also far from active construction sites (several of them on Collins Ave as of November 2012, Courtyard Marriott being the biggest one).
Check in was a breeze, thanks to Joyce. We got room 531, which is a great corner room w/king bed (very comfy), more square feet than usual, ocean and pool view, OK bathroom. Room negatives: as pointed out by other reviewers, no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Also, sound proofing is bad. You can hear a lot of what's going on next door and upstairs.
A/C works well and is silent.
Pool is nice. Music playing around the pool was actually pretty good (and not too loud).
Holiday Inn (as all other hotels in the area) doesn't have direct beach access. You must cross the boardwalk. Once on the beach, there is no reserved spot. If you want a chair and umbrella, you must rent those from the beach guys (plenty available, chairs go for 10$/day).
Fitness center is minimalist. One threadmill, one bicycle, one exercise machine. No weights.
WiFi was really slow and inconsistent in our room, so I used my 3G card all the time.
2 computers available in the lobby with printers and Internet access ($ by the minute).
The lobby area is kept very cold (must be under 65). It prevented us from staying there for any longer than we needed to. Way too cold.
Breakfast was under par. No real espresso available. They have one of these phony machines which produces a kind of syrup that has nothing to do with real coffee. My recommandation: walk 5 minutes to the Eden Roc hotel and hit the Starbucks. They have real coffee, and a few options for healthy breakfasts (yogurt, fruits, oatmeal).
One thing that we regretted, but it seems to affect all hotels at this time of year: by 3pm at most, the hotel itself casts a huge shadow on the pool area, so there is no way of sitting in the sun around the pool.
Now the Valet thing: True, you know in advance and they make it very clear they will charge you 29$/day for mandatory valet. I still couldn't help being frustrated by it. First the amount is ridiculous, second the service is not up to par. Several times we had to wait 15 minutes or more for the car to arrive when we needed it. They asked us to call before we came down, but that only seemed to create confusion and make things worse. Several times we were waiting for the car and the guys were chatting and having a good time. For 29$, I expect to see guys running... If you plan to walk most of the time or stay at the hotel and make a trip or two to Miami during your stay, take a cab, or rent a car from National or Alamo, which are right across the street from the Hotel.
Pros: Nice staff, good location, nice pool, free WiFi, quiet
Cons: !VALET!, inconsistent WiFi, under par food, no real espresso, arctic lobby
Tips: Don't come with a car, or get a rate that includes valet. Closest decent lunch is Carraba's italian grill, make a right on the boardwalk and it's a block south. Closest dinner (and one of the best places to eat in Miami Beach): Cecconi's, in the Soho Beach House, make a right on Collins and it's the second building heading north. Dress up and enjoy a classy setting and great italian food. For joggers: make a right on the boarwalk, run to where the wooden boardwalk ends, and you have run approx. 2 kms. Or make a right on Collins, cross the street to be along the waterfront after the curve, and run north. When you reach 5500 Collins, you have run approx 2kms. 6000 Collins, you have run approx 3 kms.

Room Tip: Rooms x31 and x34 are the best, corner rooms closest to ocean. x31 has ocean AND pool view. x32 and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time in this hotel, and i am not disapointed at all. The rooms are clean and specious. Location? Is not the best one because you are not right on the art deco district, but guest what you are right on the bech which is a big plus. To me was not an issue being away from the center because there is a bus right outside the hotel that takes you to Lincon Road,Espanola way,Ocean Dry and all the attraction even to the airport.

There were two things I didn't really like on this hotel. First of all, it was at my arrival when I tried to check in, the person at the front desk wasn't that friendly and helpful.

However, the second day I got to meet Juan and Dennis whom they changed everything around. These two persons made me think and feel different. There were very profesional, friendly and helpful. Also, I would like to mention one person by the pool who made my stay wonderful and made me feel like home, he was always there to help and assist and anything i needed. His name is Jose. He is the best!

The second thing which was okayed, was the cafe at the lobby. The food was okay, but nothing special and it is very expensive. There is a French Cafe acros the brige which is really good and at very good price.

Overall it was a good stay and defently I will recommended and stay here again.

Please say hi to José From NYC.

Jaime J.

• Stayed October 2012
Toulouse, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is older than i am used to with holiday inn. Check in and check out was fast and courteous. The car was taken away for valet parking, at $29 per day and returned within 5 minutes of asking. There is public parking across the road so I will maybe check it out next time.
The room was ok. Comfortable and quiet - aircon is not too disturbing. A Safe is provided. Tea, coffee making facilities available. The downside is the bathroom washing facilities. The bathroom was just that. A wc and bath. The washbasin is positioned outside the bathroom just inside the main room door. Like a kitchen, but nowhere to hang your towels. There is no privacy to get washed as it is part of the main room and it feels like you are washing in the kitchen - even if you are alone. The room has an adjoining door so I guess families can separate kids from parents this way. However the open washing may be a problem for some teenagers who are sharing the room as there is no door or curtain separating this area from the main room.

The view from the room was nice - sea view.

Breakfast does not start until 07.00, which is a little late if you are starting early meetings. However, the breakfast was good. Plenty fresh fruit, cereal, sliced meats, bacon, eggs, sausage. The waiters were attentive and offered plenty fresh orange juice, tea, or coffee.
The cheese was cheap standard catering processed cheese - which I call "plastic" cheese. Why can't they supply better quality normal real cheddar or Edam slices?

Would I stay here again? Yes! Despite the downside of the bathroom and plastic cheese, it is great to be just on the beach and have a hotel where you can commute easily to the airport zone in about 25 minutes - even at 08.30 in the morning. It is just a few blocks to connect to the I 195/95 towards the airport.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I could write a book about the horrible service at this hotel.

Upon check in the boy at the front desk really had no idea what was going on. I had two reservations, for two nights in a row. I had to book it this way because one night was for business and one was for personal. The guy couldn't grasp this and it took three people to get us checked in. The room we were placed in was incredibly small. Two of the outlets in the room didn't work, and only one person could fit in the bathroom at a time. We called and asked for a mini fridge for our room, and was told it would be $10 a night. While they were bringing it up I found in the hotel guide that it was only $5 a night, so I insisted on this price. Once they brought it up there wasn't much space to put the fridge anywhere, and they had to plug it into the outlet on top of the desk. Now we can't sit at the desk.

Since all of the outlets were in use or broken, I plugged in my cell phone in the bathroom. We went to dinner and I left my phone charging because I wouldn't need it. When I returned around 11 I found that my sink had been leaking the entire time I was gone and my phone was sitting in a pool of water and now the sim card is destroyed. Upset, I went to the front desk to complain. They told me they would send maintenance up to fix my sink, but didn't say anything about my phone. A little while later a man shows up in a yellow Miami beach t shirt and a tool belt. No name tag or any type of identification. He came in and fixed the sink then left.

The next morning I went down to the front desk again to try to get something figured out. The front desk manager talked to me for a few minutes, apologized and upgraded my room. She asked if I wouldn't mind talking to the hotel manager and I obliged. She walked me to his office and I immediately felt like I was in the principals office. I wish I would have written down his name so I could tell you to steer clear of him. If I had his name I would have called corporate about my horrible experience. He started grilling me - Why was my phone plugged in in the bathroom? What did I expect to get from this? Followed with - There is no way my employees would come to your room without identification. I felt like the HOTEL MANAGER was calling me a LIAR! Are you joking? He kept asking what I wanted - I told him I didn't want ANYTHING, but for this to be avoided for the next guest. They ended up comping my parking for one night and giving me an upgraded room. Yes the room was nice, but I expected so much more from a IHG property. I hope this is a franchised hotel, as I feel IHG would be underwhelmed with the level of service given by hourly and management employees. I will never ever ever stay here again, and I will forever tell people to stay away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vina del Mar, Chile
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I just checked out and had a BAD experience. For starters, staff was unfriendly (not a single smile!). Then came our room (434) which was ok-sized but old and dark. It had a leak from the A/C, walls were thin (I could hear Security people's radios from the other side and kids jumping at 8 am upstairs). The bathroom is the other downturn: the shower has a weird system to turn it on (you have to pull the knob VERY hard... Not suitable for non-wrestlers) and drainage was slow (had to wait 3 mins between showers to use it again). The room doesn't have a closet and the safe is on the floor.

At least the bed was comfy!

P.S: wireless was off all night long!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Miami Beach? Share your experiences!