“Away from Sandy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami Beach

You added Holiday Inn Miami Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4333 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-3212 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #101 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Away from Sandy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my second time in this hotel, and i am not disapointed at all. The rooms are clean and specious. Location? Is not the best one because you are not right on the art deco district, but guest what you are right on the bech which is a big plus. To me was not an issue being away from the center because there is a bus right outside the hotel that takes you to Lincon Road,Espanola way,Ocean Dry and all the attraction even to the airport.

There were two things I didn't really like on this hotel. First of all, it was at my arrival when I tried to check in, the person at the front desk wasn't that friendly and helpful.

However, the second day I got to meet Juan and Dennis whom they changed everything around. These two persons made me think and feel different. There were very profesional, friendly and helpful. Also, I would like to mention one person by the pool who made my stay wonderful and made me feel like home, he was always there to help and assist and anything i needed. His name is Jose. He is the best!

The second thing which was okayed, was the cafe at the lobby. The food was okay, but nothing special and it is very expensive. There is a French Cafe acros the brige which is really good and at very good price.

Overall it was a good stay and defently I will recommended and stay here again.

Please say hi to José From NYC.

Jaime J.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Toulouse, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is older than i am used to with holiday inn. Check in and check out was fast and courteous. The car was taken away for valet parking, at $29 per day and returned within 5 minutes of asking. There is public parking across the road so I will maybe check it out next time.
The room was ok. Comfortable and quiet - aircon is not too disturbing. A Safe is provided. Tea, coffee making facilities available. The downside is the bathroom washing facilities. The bathroom was just that. A wc and bath. The washbasin is positioned outside the bathroom just inside the main room door. Like a kitchen, but nowhere to hang your towels. There is no privacy to get washed as it is part of the main room and it feels like you are washing in the kitchen - even if you are alone. The room has an adjoining door so I guess families can separate kids from parents this way. However the open washing may be a problem for some teenagers who are sharing the room as there is no door or curtain separating this area from the main room.

The view from the room was nice - sea view.

Breakfast does not start until 07.00, which is a little late if you are starting early meetings. However, the breakfast was good. Plenty fresh fruit, cereal, sliced meats, bacon, eggs, sausage. The waiters were attentive and offered plenty fresh orange juice, tea, or coffee.
The cheese was cheap standard catering processed cheese - which I call "plastic" cheese. Why can't they supply better quality normal real cheddar or Edam slices?

Would I stay here again? Yes! Despite the downside of the bathroom and plastic cheese, it is great to be just on the beach and have a hotel where you can commute easily to the airport zone in about 25 minutes - even at 08.30 in the morning. It is just a few blocks to connect to the I 195/95 towards the airport.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I could write a book about the horrible service at this hotel.

Upon check in the boy at the front desk really had no idea what was going on. I had two reservations, for two nights in a row. I had to book it this way because one night was for business and one was for personal. The guy couldn't grasp this and it took three people to get us checked in. The room we were placed in was incredibly small. Two of the outlets in the room didn't work, and only one person could fit in the bathroom at a time. We called and asked for a mini fridge for our room, and was told it would be $10 a night. While they were bringing it up I found in the hotel guide that it was only $5 a night, so I insisted on this price. Once they brought it up there wasn't much space to put the fridge anywhere, and they had to plug it into the outlet on top of the desk. Now we can't sit at the desk.

Since all of the outlets were in use or broken, I plugged in my cell phone in the bathroom. We went to dinner and I left my phone charging because I wouldn't need it. When I returned around 11 I found that my sink had been leaking the entire time I was gone and my phone was sitting in a pool of water and now the sim card is destroyed. Upset, I went to the front desk to complain. They told me they would send maintenance up to fix my sink, but didn't say anything about my phone. A little while later a man shows up in a yellow Miami beach t shirt and a tool belt. No name tag or any type of identification. He came in and fixed the sink then left.

The next morning I went down to the front desk again to try to get something figured out. The front desk manager talked to me for a few minutes, apologized and upgraded my room. She asked if I wouldn't mind talking to the hotel manager and I obliged. She walked me to his office and I immediately felt like I was in the principals office. I wish I would have written down his name so I could tell you to steer clear of him. If I had his name I would have called corporate about my horrible experience. He started grilling me - Why was my phone plugged in in the bathroom? What did I expect to get from this? Followed with - There is no way my employees would come to your room without identification. I felt like the HOTEL MANAGER was calling me a LIAR! Are you joking? He kept asking what I wanted - I told him I didn't want ANYTHING, but for this to be avoided for the next guest. They ended up comping my parking for one night and giving me an upgraded room. Yes the room was nice, but I expected so much more from a IHG property. I hope this is a franchised hotel, as I feel IHG would be underwhelmed with the level of service given by hourly and management employees. I will never ever ever stay here again, and I will forever tell people to stay away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vina del Mar, Chile
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I just checked out and had a BAD experience. For starters, staff was unfriendly (not a single smile!). Then came our room (434) which was ok-sized but old and dark. It had a leak from the A/C, walls were thin (I could hear Security people's radios from the other side and kids jumping at 8 am upstairs). The bathroom is the other downturn: the shower has a weird system to turn it on (you have to pull the knob VERY hard... Not suitable for non-wrestlers) and drainage was slow (had to wait 3 mins between showers to use it again). The room doesn't have a closet and the safe is on the floor.

At least the bed was comfy!

P.S: wireless was off all night long!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had a Ocean View room which was very nice. Amenities at the hotel are very good, great pool area with easy access to the boardwalk and beach. The Concierge was extremely helpful. Service was friendly and efficient. The hotel is very clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The reviews I read warned me. Perfect location and service. Had fun at the bar. It is 2012, and WiFi should be easy. Had troubles throughout the stay. I was on business, so it was a big loss. If WiFi is fixed, o would recommend to all. What a cool place!

• Stayed October 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Spent two nights at this hotel. It is in an excellant position with the boardwalk and beach at the back. Although it does not have balconys the view from the windows overlooking the gardens pool and beach are fine. The hotel is clean has a lovley bar in the foyer which offers a complementary light snack. Meals can also be eaten there. The buffett breakfast is good too.The hotel is in an ideal spot to stroll along the boardwalk which runs paralell with Collins avenue and will lead you to the art deco district and then on to Ocean drive. 'Mangoes' on Ocean drive is not to be missed. We went at lunch time and then again in the evening. The shows performed on the bar are spectacular.

Room Tip: A room at the rear of the hotel is recommended and top floors are best.