I could write a book about the horrible service at this hotel.
Upon check in the boy at the front desk really had no idea what was going on. I had two reservations, for two nights in a row. I had to book it this way because one night was for business and one was for personal. The guy couldn't grasp this and it took three people to get us checked in. The room we were placed in was incredibly small. Two of the outlets in the room didn't work, and only one person could fit in the bathroom at a time. We called and asked for a mini fridge for our room, and was told it would be $10 a night. While they were bringing it up I found in the hotel guide that it was only $5 a night, so I insisted on this price. Once they brought it up there wasn't much space to put the fridge anywhere, and they had to plug it into the outlet on top of the desk. Now we can't sit at the desk.
Since all of the outlets were in use or broken, I plugged in my cell phone in the bathroom. We went to dinner and I left my phone charging because I wouldn't need it. When I returned around 11 I found that my sink had been leaking the entire time I was gone and my phone was sitting in a pool of water and now the sim card is destroyed. Upset, I went to the front desk to complain. They told me they would send maintenance up to fix my sink, but didn't say anything about my phone. A little while later a man shows up in a yellow Miami beach t shirt and a tool belt. No name tag or any type of identification. He came in and fixed the sink then left.
The next morning I went down to the front desk again to try to get something figured out. The front desk manager talked to me for a few minutes, apologized and upgraded my room. She asked if I wouldn't mind talking to the hotel manager and I obliged. She walked me to his office and I immediately felt like I was in the principals office. I wish I would have written down his name so I could tell you to steer clear of him. If I had his name I would have called corporate about my horrible experience. He started grilling me - Why was my phone plugged in in the bathroom? What did I expect to get from this? Followed with - There is no way my employees would come to your room without identification. I felt like the HOTEL MANAGER was calling me a LIAR! Are you joking? He kept asking what I wanted - I told him I didn't want ANYTHING, but for this to be avoided for the next guest. They ended up comping my parking for one night and giving me an upgraded room. Yes the room was nice, but I expected so much more from a IHG property. I hope this is a franchised hotel, as I feel IHG would be underwhelmed with the level of service given by hourly and management employees. I will never ever ever stay here again, and I will forever tell people to stay away.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Holiday Inn Miami Beach Hotel
- Miami Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miami Beach hotel has a premium oceanfront location! Welcome to the tropically inspired Holiday Inn Miami Beach - Oceanfront, where our 1950's Miami Modern exterior blends seamlessly with vibrant contemporary South Beach style to wrap you in modern comfort. Eleven miles east of Miami International Airport, our Miami Beach hotel is located where I-195 meets A1A at the Atlantic Ocean.Our hotel in Miami Beach offers you an unparalleled location, with the Atlantic Ocean's sandy beaches as our backyard. Follow the South Beach Boardwalk into the Art Deco world of South Beach for shopping, dining or the vibrant nightclubs. Take a moonlit stroll on the beach by night and play in the surf by day, or simply relax by our large pool overlooking the beach and our lush, tropical garden with its hammock oasis; it's a great way to spend a sunny afternoon. Families will find it easy to get to Miami's museums and attractions, as many are within 15 miles of our hotel.Business guests appreciate the close proximity of our hotel to the Miami Beach Convention Center, two miles away. Our Miami Beach accommodations are within 10 miles of Sony, Mt. Sinai Hospital and the University of Miami. The free wireless Internet access will help you stay in touch while you travel.Our non-smoking hotel is perfect for a Miami Beach trip. You can enjoy a delicious meal at our Paradise Cafe, dine in your room, or have a yummy Mojito at our Blue Parrot Bar. We have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.