“Good for the price...Location Location Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami Beach

You added Holiday Inn Miami Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4333 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-3212 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #96 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Columbia, Maryland
“Good for the price...Location Location Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on a girls weekend and we had a great time. The hotel was average but good for the price. The hotel is right on the beach so you can just walk out the back and you are right there. We ate breakfast at the hotel a few mornings and it was good for the price. We even asked the manager Oscar if we could have some fresh OJ in to go cups for our adult drinks and he was glad to help. They have towels available however you have to rent beach chairs from a vendor on the beach. Depending on the day they change the price... haggle! We got them down to $10/chair and $10 for an umbrella (others paid $25 a chair! YIKES!) If you are more of a beach person it is a great location. It is about a $10 cab ride to Ocean Ave. nightlife and a $33 cab ride from MIA. Overall we had a good time and I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
COVENTRY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed for 9 nights at the beginning of August. From previous reviews I was unsure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. All the staff were very friendly & helpful. Especially Pedros
& Dan the barmen and Rafaella and Juanita in the restaurant. They were always polite and friendly. it was a pleasure to be in their company. The room was nice always spotlessly clean. The only complaint I had was that the hairdryer and one of the sockets were falling off the wall due to the wrong wall fixings. I mentioned it at reception and they were put right by the end of the day. Well done to the mangement & their staff for making our stay a success. Would have no qualms about staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here from Sept 21-23. I was greeted very warmly upon entry by the front desk staff as a Priority Club Platinum member and was thanked for my business. I was upgraded to an ocean view King room which was a nice amenity as well. In addition, I was given 3 free adult beverage coupons to use at either the lobby bar or the outdoor tiki bar. Service in the lobby was fantastic the entire time.

One item to note: It stormed pretty much the entire weekend, so we didn't have any opportunity to use the pool or beach area, and that doesn't factor into my review, but it was still frustrating.

So, why did I give this place a 3 star review? Here's the issues we had with the place:

1) There are no exhaust fans in the bathrooms. As humid as Miami is, not having exhaust fans means that the place smells musty at times, and we both dealt with clogged sinuses for our weekend stay as a result. The bed and pillows weren't really up to the Holiday Inn standard that I'm used to as a Platinum member either.

2) On the 8th floor, the hallway to our room had drywall remnants scattered along the carpet, which made it look quite dirty. This was not brought to the attention of the front desk staff, but I expect housekeeping to notice those things and fix them right away, especially when they were working around it Friday evening and all day Saturday. It took until Sunday afternoon for it to be vacuumed up, which we both felt was a little ridiculous.

3) The food at the restaurant was decent, but they had fans going on the carpet the entire duration of our stay. The servers were really friendly, but not very efficient. I had requested 500 PC points for my lunch, rather than the 15% discount off the bill (an offer for Priority Club members), yet I found out after looking at my bill on the way back home that they gave me the discount (worth less than the points to me) instead of the points. Again, lack of efficiency.

4) The valet people had no issue taking my keys, but never issued me a ticket to claim the car. Every time I called valet for my car, it became a hunt for my keys, as they asked my room number and then asked for a ticket number. I explained to them that I didn't have a ticket, told them what color and make my car was, and they eventually found it every time (at least 5 times that we came and went over the weekend period). That was frustrating, but the valets themselves were nice and friendly folk and worthy of a tip.

Overall, if I was able to get this hotel for under $150 a night, it would be worth considering again, primarily because it's well located in a quieter section of Miami Beach, and really close to I-195 to get anywhere in Miami you want to venture quickly. However, I would hope the service quality that I experienced at the front desk would extend to the restaurant and housekeeping staff to make the next experience more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ocean view is fantastic from the 8th floor and above.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear TheOS75,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum member and we appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am truly pleased our location suited you well and glad you found the service quality from our front desk staff commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments regarding our restaurant and housekeeping services. Rest assured, these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the services we offer.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Platinum Priority Club Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and Hotels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at this property Sept. 19 - 24, 2012. The property is located in what is known as 'middle beach' surrounded by other hotels and commercial or residential properties. The beach in front of the hotel is nice and wide with a gentle slope into the ocean. We stuck to the pool for most of our visit (besides a side visit to Haulover Beach on Sunday). The pool area is nice with umbrella tables, umbrellas/loungers, and loungers that lay horizontal. There is a small tiki bar that is shared with a neighboring resort on the property. My one 'complaint' is that some families (with kids in tow) came from off the property via the boardwalk which the hotel is adjacent too, and used the pool. I'm not sure if they were guests or not...but they sure appeared to NOT be guests given their route of entry and how they came in in basically 'street' clothes, then got settled, then left the way they came via the boardwalk. Speaking of the boardwalk is a nice place to powerwalk or run. Safe, many doing likewise, great ocean and beach views. I recommend running in a southerly direction since the boardwalk ends about 1/2 mile north of the property. Hotel staff (everyone from valets, to restaurant wait staff, to front desk, was very courteous, informed, and delivered all that was promised. Hotel wifi service was not what I expected...it's free, but was very slow, and I had to often reconnect when my lapper froze or web sites would not respond. One other minor issue, not really anything the resort can do about it is the lack of independent, non-hotel oriented dining options nearby. Just not much in the neighborhood. We've stayed at this property many times in the past and if in Miami Beach we'd do likewise again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Upon arrival, my first impression was "this property is OLD!" Be that as it may, it's been updated where necessary. The property was very clean and for the most part, well maintained. Front Desk staff, Restaurant staff, and Bar staff were all wonderful.. I rate "Service" an A+! The rooms are clean and the decor is modern, which is a nice touch to shave some years off this otherwise old hotel. The beachfront location was excellent, I really enjoyed the boardwalk that runs in both directions from the pool area... You can "walk the beach" without getting covered in sand. That was a great amenity. The view from my room was FANTASTIC. The only disappointment was that my friends and I decided to take a walk and find lunch... Not the best choice. There's LOTS of construction/renovation happening on Collins Ave, and we came up dry for food options. (There was a Carraba's, but not open for lunch). That was remedied by a short cab ride to Lincoln Road, so it wasn't a huge deal, but there was nothing walkable. Overall, a great weekend, and I would happily recommend, as well as visit again myself!

Room Tip: If you get a beach view, it's wonderful! However, some are obstructed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Winfield, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is really in a great location for Miami Beach. It is mid-beach and there are great things to do in every direction. To the east the ocean, to the west shopping and some really great inexpensive restaurants, to the north some great restaurants(I didn't spend as much time north as the other directions), and to the south of course South Beach. There is a boardwalk in between the hotels and the ocean for about 25 blocks that is much better walking than the sidewalk out front. If you want to see it all I would suggest renting a car, I like to walk but it was a little much.

Room Tip: Room 703 had a great veiw of the ocean from the room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was here for conference in Miami and stayed at this Nice Holiday Inn on collins ave in Miami. The collins Ave area is the most happening place in Miami and where the south beach is located. This hotel is nicely located near the beach and is connected to it, all the attraction are close by. The hot pool/spa was very nice with nice clean linen. The gym is nice and clean, the staff was helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast was nice and the best part was the omellete. This is best holiday Inn i have been at. Would visit again and recommend it to everybody.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Miami Beach? Share your experiences!