The Gansevoort has excellent staff, a modern, trendy decor and great location. Rooms are spacious, modern and quiet. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom large and clean with a separate tub and shower, double sink and plenty of storage in the bathroom. In the sleeping area is a large, flat screen tv, couch, coffee table and work area. Our room had a balcony which I highly recommend.
The hotel is located on the beach where you can walk along the boardwalk. Restaurants and bars are also an easy walk from the hotel, and there is a 24-hour Walgreens conveniently located across the street. The hotel food is very good and very expensive. There is an amazing on-site health club that charges $15 for hotel guests. It has a spa as well which was ok but a nice option. The rooftop pool is a blast and very popular on weekends.
The friendly, accommodating staff stood out. Beware the elevators, however, They are confusing--some only go to the rooftop pool and others take you to your room but you need your roomkey to use the elevator.
We were here on a business trip and I would actually not recommend the South Ballroom for business travelers. That meeting space is right below the gym and we heard the thud of dropped weights constantly. There is also a hall adjacent to the meeting room where catering staff made a lot of noise wheeling and storing food. Meeting room temperatures were extreme--too cold or too hot. FInally, the wireless internet was very inconsistent. Mine did not work in my room and I had to use the cable, but that meant no access in the meeting room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation. The Perry, South Beach an oceanfront resort with lifestyle amenities, where everything you desire is under one roof. Take in the breathtaking views from our rooftop infinity pool, or enjoy the tropical breeze at our Pool Plaza. Browse in our high-end boutiques or treat yourself to a well-deserved spa treatment. Energize your body, by engaging in the David Barton Gym+Spa. Dining in celebrity chef-driven restaurants, STK Miami is guaranteed to please any palate. After, enjoy a nightcap in one of our nightlife "hotspots." We proudly feature the largest guestrooms in South Beach, which are tastefully appointed with European cotton linens and upgraded amenities. Spanning an entire city block, this ultra-stylish Destination Resort sizzles with modern luxury, exquisite accommodations and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Prestigia and Despegar.com so you can book your The Perry, South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Hotel Miami Beach