“Classy and Unique” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Perry, South Beach

You added The Perry, South Beach to your Saves list
The Perry, South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2377 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Gansevoort Miami Beach)   |
Ranked #122 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Baltimore, Maryland
“Classy and Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

I have visited South Beach on two occassions within the same year 2010. The hotel you stay in makes the visit that much better. Gansevoort is a tready and classy hotel, with lots to do within the hotel. The service was excellent and the staff was friendly. Just stepping into the lounge area and the rooms was instant excitement..... it was gorgeous to say the least. The bathroom and bedroom was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. I had the privledge of staying in the Deluxe King w/ balcony... I do suggest to try to get a balcony on the oceanside of hotel the view is far better than the city view side. However, having a balcony is still nice. I would have liked to see the lower level going to the beach to be designed as it looks on the pictures, that was disappointing. The spa portion of the was gorgeous as well, but I got the impression that I would be able to exercise at my leisure with the cost being included with my room. There should be some type of package that maybe if you are paying the price for a Deluxe King and any upgrade you would have free access to the gym. There is a daily fee to use the equipment. Besides the gym, it also would be nice to see another restaurant on the outside, besides Mr. Chow's and STK....A seafood restaurant would be nice. This hotel has shopping (which is a bit pricey), a salon, Mr. Chow's and another club located on the outside of hotel but connected. There are other places to visit like the rooftop/bar/pool and the bar/lounge inside the hotel.. All of these places are beautiful to the eyes.... I would recommend this hotel and I plan to stay in it again with others.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leeds
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

After arriving at worn and grubby exterior of the Gansevoort South, it has to be said we had our doubts, but we most certainly didnt expect it to get any worse! Beng asked to sign a contract upon your arrival that you will have no more than 4 people in your room at one time, you wont smash up the furniture and you wont smoke or take drugs in your room is not what you expect of a 4/5* hotel.

After being upgraded to a "Suite" we were shown to our room, the suite was worn and grubby around the edges (old tatty furniture on the balcony, chipped interior furniture, leaking air conditioning unit, cigarette butts thrown on the balcony floor, filthy windows) but to top it all off we had to look at the huge air conditioning units that were outside our balcony and the sea view was beyond that! I most certainly wouldnt call it a suite!!

We were in the room for 30mins and left, i couldnt have stayed a minute longer especially after the money we had paid we went next door to the W Hotel which was absolutely fantastic, a little bit more expensive but worth every penny!!!

DONT go to the Gansevoort, save your money you would be better staying at home!!!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I recently used the Gansevoort Hotel, the staff is willing to help and satisfy the customers. The rooms and views are spectacular. They really have an Outstanding Service!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
GansevoortMB, Public Relations Manager at The Perry, South Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
We are happy to know that your experience at The Gansevoort Miami Beach was excellent. We are commited to providing the best quality service and we really appreciate our customers. Thank you for your willingness to recommend us to others. As we do with all comments, we will share your very nice review with the staff. Hope you vist us again sometime soon!
elizabethdarlington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

The Gansevoort Miami is a beautiful hotel, the room was amazing almost too big for me as I got a suite because I wanted a balcony. I was here by myself for work; the location is great and the staff helpful. Oh and I loved the free wifi, Nespresso Machine and kitchenette! That being said, this hotel is really a nightclub day and night. It was really hard for me to get up to my room during the day as there were constant lines for the pool parties. Then later at night it was like a party in the lobby and even outside with throngs of people going to their rooftop club. I realize it's South Beach but I was late to some of my appointments because I couldn't get back up to my room without waiting for like 15 minutes with a bunch of people in bikinis and half naked creepy guys trying to hit on any girl in their radius. Because it was so crazy I never made it to the rooftop bar or pool during the day as I feared it would be too insane.
A suggestion, instead if paying for their gym-- wake up early and hit the beach, or go for a run- no one is up and it's beautiful out!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. Yes, its true.. our rooms are the largest in the area with over 700 sq/ft and we pledge to provide personal attention to details that engage our guests like the Nespresso machine and the fully equipted kitchenette area.
I see you came during our highest summer season and yes we do have events at our pools and RoofTop specially during this month when we celebrate Miami's Swim week which would explain why there was people in bikinis at the lobby.
I apologize for the difficulty you had getting to your room, although we have 2 elevators that go straight to the RoofTop and 5 elevators for access to the guest floors, during these type of events when we are at full occupancy it is possible for a guest to experience delays.
I am sorry you didnt have the chance to make it to the RoofTop, I am sure you would have understood why it is such a preferred spot. The view is magnificent, there are private cabanas, a full bar & restaurant and the ambiance and music are great too.
Once again thank you for your review and we hope you visit us again!
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

We had a conference at the Gansevoort and I must say that this was a great venue in a great location. Rooms are very large and the view is great if you are facing the sea.

The only negatives would be the hotel WIFI which basically does not work or very seldom and the slightly disorganized service whether in the hotel or in the convention area.

Other than that a great place to stay in Miami!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review.
It's true our rooms are the largest in the area with over 700 sq/ft with amazing views. I was concerned to learn of your problem with the internet as we just recently upgraded our system, it seems there are still some glitches and I do apologize for that. I am sorry you felt that the service in the convention area was slightly disorganized, I will bring it to their attention. I am glad you were satisfied with the accommodations and we will continue to work on making sure the internet challenges are fixed. Once again thank you for your comments.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

my husband and i just got back from a stay at this hotel and we would definitely would recommend this to couples. we stays for two nights for about $260/night (including tax, etc) and really thought it was a great deal. the ritz was similarly priced, but since we dont have kids, we wanted something with more of an adult flavor, which was exactly what we got. first, the cons. this is a renovated hotel, so the 'bones' are still old. there are some not so pretty areas and the turf on the third floor pool is a bit cheesy. another con is that they have free internet, but it didnt work for us for two days and when we called the customer service, they just told us to restart, which we did without success. it would have been nice to have had the free internet as advertised. now, for the pros (there are many more), the staff was great (we got an upgrade to a balcony room..amazing), the third floor pool was amazing because it looks out to the ocean. we peeked into other hotels nearby (W, Shore Club, Raleigh, etc) and it didnt seem like they had the pool where you could see the ocean. i think this is key because i love the beach, but am a pool person - so, its the best of both worlds. kids are allowed at this pool, although it is mostly adults. we did have local friends visit us with their 2.5 yr and 4 mo old and the pool staff was very accomodating and gave us a circle bed away from everyone. however, again, i would not come here with my kids for a vacation. next, the rooftop pool is amazing. they have an event there sat afternoons which seemed good if you want that scene. but, if you dont, the 3rd floor pool is relaxing. next, the gym is AWESOME. the only bummer is that they charge you $15 to use for the day (and another $15 if you want to do classes). i think that if ganesvoort would offer use of the gym for free (and classes), it would be hard for me to come back anywhere else. next, the rooms are big and awesome and i slept so well in their bed. lastly, this is located 25 minutes away walking from heart of south beach. my husband and i love to walk so we actually liked this, but you may want to stay somewhere else if being close to the ocean ave action is important to you. bottom line - i totally recommend this place for a couple without kids that wants a good vibe and nice room, its definitely not 5 stars because the building is a little run down, but for sure a solid 4 stars.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments. We are proud about having the largest rooms in the area with over 700sq/ft. The building is 42 years old and its an Art Deco landmark in Miami Beach. It was completely renovated in 2008 by visionary architect Stephen B. Jacobs and interior designer Andi Pepper. We will be renovating the pool plaza turf area early next year.
We recently upgraded our internet system and eventhough there are still some areas close to the beach with a weak signal we are working hard to improve them. I am glad you were satisfied with the accommodations and enjoyed our 45000 sq/ft gym. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to have you back soon!
Orlando, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

In mid May 2010, a girls only trip was planned for South Beach Miami. We all decided to book our rooms at the Gansevoort South. Some of us stayed in an upgraded room with an ocean view, it was a beautiful scenery. This room had only a large king size bed, but it had a pull out bed and large bathroom. I thought the best thing about the hotel or even my overall trip to Miami was the pool on the roof top, it was absolutely gorgeous. You can see the beaches and high rise buildings through the entire pool area. The walls were made with clear glass. Lots of parties up there with a DJ. If you want a quiet night sleep, this may not be the hotel for you. This hotel is very contemporary. When you enter the hotel to check in, you will see a huge fish and shark tank, contemporary furnishings and high ceilings. At night, beautiful lighting will set the tone for the room. I slept good in the room... I didn't hear too much noise as some others have complained about in the past. It is quite expensive here unless you get a discount from somewhere. But as we all know, if you're going to Miami, you would expect to spend some money because everything is not cheap. Parking, taxi's, dining, shopping...it all adds up. This hotel also have 2 other pools, one over looking the beach which I truly enjoyed. The pool area served chilled fruit flavored water..it had real fruit in the water. One small eatery in the front of hotel I believe was called "Cafe Bustelo" which serves delicious sandwiches, coffees and such. They had great cuban sandwiches! There's also a CVS/Walgreens across the street which helps out a lot when you need to buy your essentials. Overall, I enjoyed this hotel. It is hip, trendy with beautiful people. The roof top is awesome, and I can't wait to come back one day. (When I'm ready to spend more money). =)))

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay, accommodations, pools and of course the RoofTop.
I see you are a Florida resident.... keep in mind we offer great Florida resident packages too :)
We hope to have you back soon!

Been to The Perry, South Beach? Share your experiences!