My husband and I just returned from a three-night stay at the Gansevoort, residing in room 602. (let me first give you a description of ourselves, as I always find it usefull when judging someone else's opinion: I am 33, the hubby is 43, we live in downtown Manhattan, I am an event planner in an upscale nightclub, my hubby is in retail). Upon our arrival, we were greeted by all of the staff- who were pleasant and in a great mood. Checking in was a breeze, no lines. It took all of 3 minutes. Because of my own connections, I was upgraded to a suite. The lobby is grand, with plenty of seating, which is kind of cool because if you are going out at night and need a place to meet, you have space and areas to hang out while waiting or whatever. We go up to our room, we were at the end of the hall way, but it is a short distance- and WOW the rooms are HUGE. It had to of been 800-900 square feet. It looked like a one-bedroom in NYC. Except nicer. And it had a big balcony, and we were ocean front. Awesome. Super clean room too- nicely decorated, 1.5 bathrooms- and the master bath was really big as well, so there is plenty of room to move around and get ready, without being on top of one another. There was a flat-screen both in the living and bedroom. Also, which I found to be useful, is that there is an oversized floor mirror in the living room. Perect. I will say that if you are looking for a quiet hotel, this is not the right choice. It isn't loud, no- definitely not- but this is a sceney hotel, with a rooftop pool that turns into more of a bar/lounge/nightclub at night, and there is a nightclub callled "Louis" downstairs (I think on the lobby level). So expect crowds at night, and people in and out of the hotel. We heard soft noise from our room at night, but it was no big deal, and if anything we wish we weren't so tired and we could join the fun. But that's what laying out all day and eating a huge meal will do for you. I actually think it was one of our neighbors having their own fun. We'll never know.
On the rooftop is an ADULT-ONLY pool called "Plunge". I cannot tell you how excited this makes me. Sorry to all you kid-toting parents out there, because it's too bad you can't hang out with everyone on the roof! The area is quite large, there was no problem getting seats. The rooftop staff- Don & Michael specifically- were super attentive, friendly, eager to please. The pool is really big, not wide, but long- and heated. There are cabanas to rent but I see no point- and you get direct sunlight up there the entire day. The food upstairs is pretty great, I got the spicy tuna roll every day. Also, FYI, there is topless tanning, so don't be surprised. Typically the crowd hanging out upstairs is 'European', kind of a St. Tropez type of setting, really good looking guys, hot girls. Yeah, there are always a few out of shape people, but not everyone can be so physically fit!
Though the hotel is gigantic (usually we stick to smaller boutiquey hotels), you don't get that feeling- and the hotel is a well-oiled, well-run machine, where people really take the time to greet you in the morning with a 'hello', the staff are overly attentive, helpful, and friendly. I would 100% come here again. We used to go to the Delano, but found that the service just isn't what we like, and also there are too many darn kids at the pool. The Gansevoort has a good thing going, and I only wish them success- I am going back with my girlfriends in 3 weeks, and I am counting down the days! Thank you Michael L. (hotel manager) for everything!!! I hope you liked the bagels we brought down for your from NYC!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation. The Perry, South Beach an oceanfront resort with lifestyle amenities, where everything you desire is under one roof. Take in the breathtaking views from our rooftop infinity pool, or enjoy the tropical breeze at our Pool Plaza. Browse in our high-end boutiques or treat yourself to a well-deserved spa treatment. Energize your body, by engaging in the David Barton Gym+Spa. Dining in celebrity chef-driven restaurants, STK Miami is guaranteed to please any palate. After, enjoy a nightcap in one of our nightlife "hotspots." We proudly feature the largest guestrooms in South Beach, which are tastefully appointed with European cotton linens and upgraded amenities. Spanning an entire city block, this ultra-stylish Destination Resort sizzles with modern luxury, exquisite accommodations and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Perry, South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Hotel Miami Beach