“Don't listen to the whiners” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Perry, South Beach to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
The Perry, South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2377 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Gansevoort Miami Beach) (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #108 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Don't listen to the whiners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Perry Hotel looks rough on the outside but the inside is nearly perfect. Big room, big bathroom, comfortable bed, lovely pools, great location. Great restaurant and bar, plus DJ later at night. Every staff member was delightful, polite, quick to please and serve us.
Stayed there when we went to the BCS championship game. Roll Tide.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1,160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The scaffolding right outside the hotel should say it all. Noisy building starts at 8am each morning around the hotel including right outside our windows. It looks like a lovely hotel with great large rooms but the building work spoils things considerably

• Stayed January 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Perry prior to taking a cruise. I chose the property because I wanted my family to be able to spend time at the beach and pool before we left. I called to see if the property was family friendly and was assured that it was by both the concierge and front desk. Upon arrival I was told our room was not ready and they would call as soon as it was (4pm check in time). They did not call until 4:40.
We went to the pool to get something to eat for the kids. When I asked for a kids menu I was told there was not one available. I asked what they had available and was offered chicken fingers which sounded fine. We ordered them for each of the kids. When the food came it was the normal chicken fingers (pre-frozen) and fries, 3 chicken fingers to an order and a couple fries. I almost choked when I saw the bill of $18.00 an order. I don't mind paying for good food but that is a JOKE.
The website has some links on it saying there is construction, if you don't notice the links there is no other mention of the MASSIVE construction. The drilling starts at 8 am and is loud. When we were at the pool the noise was LOUD and relentless. The main pool which is surrounded by construction debris and the constant sound of drilling.
We needed extra blankets and pillows for the kids and called housekeeping. We waited 40 minutes and had to call again.
Over all, for the price I paid...225 plus tax (don't forget $36.00 for 6 chicken fingers) I would have gotten a better experience and service anywhere else!!!

DES MOINES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family have never traveled to South Beach. We were not sure where to stay. We were going to the BCS bowl so rooms where very hard to come by. We wanted to be close to all activities. I was a little nervous about some of the reviews on here. After talking to several people at your place I decided for the price We would give it a try. I must say we were very happy and glad we made the choice. It will be a 5 once the construction is done. I just wish they offered a family restaurant that you can go after a long day of shopping and sight seeing that you can have nice shorts on or capris. It would be nice if they would have single cup coffee maker in rooms.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and have found it a nice experience - the staff are attentive and friendly and the rooms are large enough to accommodate a family of 4 quite comfortably. But the construction they are doing now definitely puts a damper on enjoyment. Plus they are not offering very good discounts on rooms - i still found them at peak prices. If you go right now - and are a sun starved like we are - beware -you cant open your balcony windows as they are are working on all of the balconies in the hotel - and the drilling starts at 8am and is pretty relentless all days. You cannot eat breakfast outside ( we are coming from minus 20 - we want as much outside as possible!) you and your family can use the roof pool but they don"t sell alcohol during the day - and on weekends you have to use the main pool which is surrounded by construction debris and the constant sound of drilling. We ended up going to other hotels in the area for breakfast and pool because it really wasn't relaxing or enjoyable at all. The staff as always was first rate and they are trying their best - i'm sure most of the visitors who don"t understand the extent of the construction when they are booking are really upset and they have to deal with complaints on a daily basis. Room service leaves much to be desired - our of 3 days my order of just coffee was delayed, mixed up , or non existent. i was unimpressed despite the many apologies due to bad elevators(!) full house etc- i just ordered coffee how complicated can that be?
Despite all the above the hotel was fully booked , there were no special rates - makes you realize how desperate we all are to get out of the cold and into the sun! if you need relaxation, sun and stress relief- this isnt the place for you right now , it is legitimately a construction zone despite the staffs efforts to make it pleasant -and hotel guests needing to spend 30 dollars a day to use the gym is a gouge!

boston, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My friend and I stayed here last minute on Jan 2, after the apt we were staying in for the the New Years week was not that great, and found this last minute blow out for like $200. We drove over and walked in to see if it was worth it and we were amazed the price was so low. Loved the huge aquarium and vibe in the lobby! The reviews all said the construction and jackhammering was mind-numbing, which, when it was near our room, it was, but we decided we'd be at the beach and roof pool at these times so would not affect us. We went to the 3rd floor terrace pool the first day (with free early check in!) and were so happy with the patio, food service and views, the noise did not bother us until about an hour or so, at which point we went to the beach, then dinner. We took a $7 cab ride to lower Ocean Drive for dinner and then walked back - about 20 min walk. We came back for naps and showers, and were very comfortable. Amazing bathroom! The beds were decent but not what I would expect for 5-star. The pull out was a thin foam with no sheets, but comfortable. I was so tired! On the other hand the Bathroom was incredible! really one of the best - had soaking tub next to a very modern walk in shower, both had water sticks, double sinks, tons of storage. Very decadent! and so was the partial view of the ocean. The room was 500sf at least. The gym was outstanding, but we did not have a lot of time to spend there. We had dogs and the staff were very friendly to them. The next day too tired to partake in their gym's sunrise yoga, so went directly to the rooftop pool. Grabbed coffee and croissant at Lava's downstairs first. Rooftop pool is gorgeous and has lovely views. We loved the seating so you can easily face the sun or not. Choose form lounge chair, square cabana style or pivoting dome lounge chairs - those were my favorite! It's quiet there too. All I can say is we did not want to leave. I would have a problem if they wanted more than $250 or 300 off-peak with the amount of noise there is. We made due, due to the price and other things to do during that time. The amenities were so worth it. They have a beach club downstairs and lots to do in the area. I thought the food on-site was great too. We slept til 9 with no noise issues. But construction could be heard at the 3rd floor pool and Lava's during the day. Street or meter parking easy in the area. Anyway, overall we loved the place and shall return if the price is right.

South Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I enjoy this hotel very much.It's very relaxing and beautiful.Every time I stay Im so relaxed and very comfortable.I recommend Perry Hotel to everyone who's looking for swanky real Miami Style experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Perry, South Beach? Share your experiences!