Well, we came back to Miami after 5 years and I wanted my family to get a good experience. Hence, looking at some photos on their website, and without going into detailed reviews ( very unlike me) due to paucity of time, I booked this hotel assuming the price would fetch me a good hotel). I have two children, and usually book myself in a place which offers some basic facilities like the kitchen net, a refrigerator, some pots and pans etc. to cater to our children.
We entered the hotel, and were greeted by a cheerful staff. The first disappointment was the construction that was going on, which would result in noise starting 8 am in the morning. My family tends to get out only post 10 am from the room, hence this was an issue but now we were at the doorstep of the hotel, did not know what to do, so checked in. Went to the room, the room was nice and big, but we were promised an ocean view with a balcony. Well, guess what, the balcony was closed for construction... After settling in, I wanted to make the sofa bed where my elder son could be comfortable, but that was stuck. Moreover, the bed was not made, and it was slept in by some previous guests. I called the hotel staff to help me with it. The room had a kitchen net and a refrigerator, but guess what - there was no cutlery, no pots and pans, no glasses, no tea, coffee...Well, we requested the reception to bring us some tea at least, on the promise that we will get some plates, pots etc in the morning...the tea arrive - in more than 45 minutes after multiple reminders... We slept, and were rudely woken up in the morning with the sound of the sledgehammers pounding on and on...we reminded the reception for pots and pans, some tea...the prompt hotels folks arranged it about two hours....yes, you heard it right...and after multiple multiple reminders...anyhow, we wanted to leave, and just as we were getting ready to pick our gaff and call for the car, the fire alarm sounded...we ran for our lives to the reception, fortunately found later that it was a glitch...we ordered for our car to be brought out ( the hotel was charging 35 dollars for the valet parking)... Te car was there in 30 minutes, yes please read again, 30 minutes...so much for the special treatment that I was hoping to get...and btw, I was not told that my car is out, it was just standing there, and I ventured to look out ( I was restless and was doing this every 5 to 7 mins) ...took the car, and got to probably 2 hours behind schedule...came back later the second night, and removed all thoughts of extending my stay in the hotel, and made another last minute booking in a trusted brand (Hilton) for the next two days where I was assured some predictability at least...
Phew...that is the last time I will stay in an unknown branded hotel without adequate research...goodbye Perry. I hope you have a new management that actually cares about the guests and are better organized...most people I met were good, courteous - just that they were not able to do simple things..
Open this helps the readers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation. The Perry, South Beach an oceanfront resort with lifestyle amenities, where everything you desire is under one roof. Take in the breathtaking views from our rooftop infinity pool, or enjoy the tropical breeze at our Pool Plaza. Browse in our high-end boutiques or treat yourself to a well-deserved spa treatment. Energize your body, by engaging in the David Barton Gym+Spa. Dining in celebrity chef-driven restaurants, STK Miami is guaranteed to please any palate. After, enjoy a nightcap in one of our nightlife "hotspots." We proudly feature the largest guestrooms in South Beach, which are tastefully appointed with European cotton linens and upgraded amenities. Spanning an entire city block, this ultra-stylish Destination Resort sizzles with modern luxury, exquisite accommodations and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Venere, Prestigia, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your The Perry, South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Hotel Miami Beach