I truly wish I had checked out TripAdvisor before booking at room at this place. It seemed from the website like a decent place in a convenient location, and many of the other hotels I frequently stay at here were fully booked for Art Basel. Had I read the reviews, I'd much rather be at any other place! The main problems (and there are many) are:
1. This hotel is undergoing such a huge renovation, THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING OPEN! They should simply close until it is completed. It is clearly only open because of the greedy owners. It is so bad that it should require a personal phone call to each person making a reservation to clearly ask if they can live with 100 decibel constant jackhammering from 8 am to the end of the day, every day. We were NOT informed by anyone, and the staff has been terribly rude about it. I was jolted out of bed by the jackhammering outside my window at 7:30 AM!!!! When I called to complain, the concierge/front desk said that I shoulkd have read the fine print on the website!
2. They have no idea that their loud throbbing music piped everywhere - on the sidewalk in front of the building, in the lobby, in the elevators,etc, is not pleasant. IT GIVES US A HEADACHE! Life is not a beer commercial, we don't want every second to sound like a party.
3. The service just plain sucks. 1 hour to get breakfast delivered, and who the hell ever heard of actually delivering coffee as a single diner-style cup and saucer covered in saran wrap, sloshing around before delivery, WITHOUT LEAVING THE COFFEE POT. In other words, even though coffee in the morning at every single other hotel on the planet comes with refills, at this one, it gets you about 6 ounces, until you wait another hour for more.
4. They are deceptive! Even the fine print on the website detailing the construction clearly says the swimming pool is open, it is closed. THEY OUTRIGHT LIE on the website about this. Everyone knows a house with a pool is worth more than one without, and likewise, we are paying for a hotel room with a pool, and yet there is none.
5. They do not have their act together. THE MINIBAR IS COMPLETELY EMPTY, THE PHONE DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, among many other missing,overlooked or ignored basic amenity.
Basically, the place is completely uninhabitable at this time, and even feels half-staffed.
The only plus that I can see is that the doormen are nice and the rooms are big, but given the exorbitant prices during this period, it is no way worth it.. It was so noisy throughout the entire day that I could not sleep, watch TV or even make a phone call, that it is not wirht it at all.
I'd rather stay at any cheap dive over this place. Bear in mind that with all of this going on, my room was still over $500/night. You can get a lot for $500 just about anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation. The Perry, South Beach an oceanfront resort with lifestyle amenities, where everything you desire is under one roof. Take in the breathtaking views from our rooftop infinity pool, or enjoy the tropical breeze at our Pool Plaza. Browse in our high-end boutiques or treat yourself to a well-deserved spa treatment. Energize your body, by engaging in the David Barton Gym+Spa. Dining in celebrity chef-driven restaurants, STK Miami is guaranteed to please any palate. After, enjoy a nightcap in one of our nightlife "hotspots." We proudly feature the largest guestrooms in South Beach, which are tastefully appointed with European cotton linens and upgraded amenities. Spanning an entire city block, this ultra-stylish Destination Resort sizzles with modern luxury, exquisite accommodations and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Perry, South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Hotel Miami Beach