“ENOUGH TO DRIVE A RATIONAL PERSON TO VIOLENCE. STAY AWAY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Perry, South Beach

and 1 more site!
You added The Perry, South Beach to your Saves list
The Perry, South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2377 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Gansevoort Miami Beach) (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #114 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“ENOUGH TO DRIVE A RATIONAL PERSON TO VIOLENCE. STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I feel like I am taking crazy pills. I booked on jetsetter, a respectable site. I checked into the hotel in a fully functional lobby. I get to my room and there is a dude with a jackhammer on my balcony. Like its normal? This is normal?

Stay away. Unless you get a rate of $20 a night it isn't worth the aggravation.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It is a major construction site. Cranes, jackhammers and workers everywhere. It is a complete disaster zone, windows missing from the building, some covered in tarps and plastic. Balconies are missing in sections of the building. No matter how much (cheap?) they want to stay, don't bother - you will regret it. Yes, i would not stay there even if it was free. There are plenty of other hotels to choose from. Can't believe they are even taking in customers, they should be ashamed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am writing this review as I sit in the hotel. The sound is construction is deafening! They did not show anywhere on their website that they were undergoing MAJOR RECONSTRUCTION. The entire hotel is covered in scaffolding. Half of the entrances are closed/blocked. The pools are continuously closed off and accessing the hotel from any side is a nightmare. The balconies are all closed so you're in an enclosed room - not what you come to Miami for. It is so loud in my room right now that I have to scream at the top of my lungs to speak to my husband sitting next to me in bed. And we have a construction worker walking around our balcony doing God knows what (invasion of privacy?!)

Aside from the construction the hotel is just blah. They are milking the fact that they are home to the famous STK steakhouse downstairs. The service is okay. The room we were first put in had a leaking shower door. So when you got out of the shower the entire bathroom was flooded. After a little bit of arguing with the front desk, they switched us to another room.

But the noise and construction is just unbelievably horrible! The hotel both from the inside and outside is a major eye sore. You don't come to South Beach Miami to see an ugly hotel and deal with loud sawing and drilling!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We had a great time there; nice location, nice pool, wonderful support from the concierge. The front desk girl adviced about the construction noise, but it wasn't that much disturbing. Recommended! *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

It's a real shame as it's a lovely beach and staff are trying so hard...but I recommend stay away from this hotel. It is a full scale construction site and for eight hours a day they are jack-hammering outside your window (literally each balcony). The room is uninhabitable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

It says on the website where I booked that there would only be construction Monday-Friday 8-5pm. When I arrived late Friday night I was again told by the front desk there would be no renovations during the weekend. I was woken up Saturday at 7am by a jackhammer. I called down to the front desk to ask why and they informed me again that there were no renovations. When I walked down by the pool I could see the workers in and out of the building working. Do not trust this hotel. They then refunded me for the 2nd two nights since I wanted to leave but would not refund for the night I had already stayed. I am now fighting with them for a refund. They would also not pay the extra amount it cost me to switch hotels on such short notice. Never will I go back even when they are finished because they are liars!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Teaneck, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Loved this hotel when it wasthe Gansevoort. Staff is still the same but thereis MAJOR RENOVATIONS GOING ON. Ther is no balco y and you will hear drilling from 8am til 6pm mon thru friuntil theend od 2013. They did upgradeus to a suite, but you will have to complain to the manager. The hotel wasonly at 20% compacity because of the constuction and there is no longer a rooftop party. Our saving grace was our beach cabana boys, Jose and Omar....awesome. Everydaythey greeting us by saying good morning ms ortegea and
ms keyser

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Perry, South Beach? Share your experiences!