“Bait and Switch!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Perry, South Beach

You added The Perry, South Beach to your Saves list
The Perry, South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2377 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Gansevoort Miami Beach)   |
Ranked #116 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Bait and Switch!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

It says on the website where I booked that there would only be construction Monday-Friday 8-5pm. When I arrived late Friday night I was again told by the front desk there would be no renovations during the weekend. I was woken up Saturday at 7am by a jackhammer. I called down to the front desk to ask why and they informed me again that there were no renovations. When I walked down by the pool I could see the workers in and out of the building working. Do not trust this hotel. They then refunded me for the 2nd two nights since I wanted to leave but would not refund for the night I had already stayed. I am now fighting with them for a refund. They would also not pay the extra amount it cost me to switch hotels on such short notice. Never will I go back even when they are finished because they are liars!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Teaneck, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Loved this hotel when it wasthe Gansevoort. Staff is still the same but thereis MAJOR RENOVATIONS GOING ON. Ther is no balco y and you will hear drilling from 8am til 6pm mon thru friuntil theend od 2013. They did upgradeus to a suite, but you will have to complain to the manager. The hotel wasonly at 20% compacity because of the constuction and there is no longer a rooftop party. Our saving grace was our beach cabana boys, Jose and Omar....awesome. Everydaythey greeting us by saying good morning ms ortegea and
ms keyser

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My sister recently had her wedding reception at The Perry South Beach and although it came out beautiful the hotel management and customer service was some of the worst I've ever experienced. A lot of money was spent by my family on this wedding and the "group rate" they offered was insulting - we could book better deals online!

Needless to say no one other than my parents and myself booked a room and what a mistake that was. To start off the entire hotel is under major renovation and certainly not worth what they are charging. When my mother checked in she was told that her $38 valet charge would be waived because she was a FL resident - when I checked in the following day I was told that I wasn't eligible because I never mentioned it in my initial reservation - niether did my mother and besides how am I supposed to know if no one tells me?!?! We spoke to the front desk and we understood that it would taken care of so I went on with my day. The morning of checkout, my bank account is showing the valet charge - awesome! So I tried talking to the front desk and after a bit of arguing the lady comped it, yet it is still showing as of today on my card.

But the real problem came when my boyfriend went outside to get the car and they charged him too! He didn't know that it was supposed to comped so he paid. As soon as I heard that, I told him what was going on and he immediately asked for a refund of the money he had just handed to the valet guy outside. The lady at the front desk, was quick to say that a refund was simply not that easy. By this point we were already very upset so we requested to speak to the manager, Jimmy Mousad (or something like that). Wow, was he rude and even argued back saying that we had no right to get upset or to raise our voices. And he mentioned that they never even had a free valet discount for Florida residents - what a liar!! After much more discussion than was needed, he did refund our money but we had to fight which I think is absurd. Not once did he apologize, but rather made it seem like we were the wrong ones. This staff is so rude and the hotel should be shut down permanently! There are plenty of other nice hotels on South Beach - do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012
Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Perry Grossly Misrepresented the extent on of the construction and noise.
A group of 15 of us arrived to do a Triathlon in Miami. We were told that there may be some aesthetic construction being done and some noise. I am reasonable, so I didn't mind a little construction on the premises. However, That was a false claim! We were not told the extent of the construction. We were given room 508, where there were 2 men on the balcony drilling on the concrete. We could not stay in our room because the rooms were shaking, and we could not relax. We were not compensated. We were also told by the Group Reservation specialist, that we could not get a discount because we got a discount for the group. We paid $237 per room per night. Yes, we got a $7 discount! We were told that we could not check out until the next day because we checked in at 4 pm! So we paid to get tortured!

The executive Meeting Manager, Julia DeBuchananne, gave us gym passes, EAR PLUGS, 2 drink vouchers, and a $50 resort credit. She said she was sorry and there was nothing she could do. I pleaded to have my room changed, she said that was impossible.

I was so sad and embarrassed because I booked the hotel for all the athletes, these athletes who travelled from across the country

We All checked out and went to the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.

The Perry is a nice hotel, but not right now!!!!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Hello,

If you are paying quite a bit, wouldnt you want your hotel to enable a nice South Beach holiday?

Well at this point Perry ruins it. And here is why:

1. Construction: Plz book somewhere which doesnt have construction. There are plenty of places cheaper and better. You dont want to wake up at 8 am with drilling machine on your head
2. Dirty: Fine you have construction, but that doesnt mean your room is filthy. Shouldnt they clean it after the construction. These are things that define good customer service from the bad one
3. Inadequate Customer Service: Though they try hard, they are short staffed, usually end up saying "We are sorry, but cannot do anything" for almost everything. Feel a lil bad for them, they were tired.

Will update further. But at this point, by the way it looks, Perry, shouldnt be an option for anyone in South Beach

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Overall my stay was great!!! This hotel is a fun hotel to stay at with a good location, great beachside views and an awesome pool. Here's some more detail on each of the things worth mentioning:

Pool - two pools at this hotel - one on the roof and one on the third floor. the rooftop pool is nice but small and catered more to the pool party crowd. The main pool on the third floor was awesome. it's a raised infinity pool with curved edges with a bench in the water long the perimeter. it made lounging in the pool great! The service there was good too. We had a pool boy named Guitho who totally took care of us. He chose the perfect location - one that optimized distance from the pool, maximimum sun exposure and limited distance to neighboring lounge chairs. He also set up our loungers extra well - tucking in the towels so the wind wouldn't blow them away! TC - the pool manager - does a wonderful job of making sure things are working as they should. The poolside food and drink service was great too. the waiter was very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed during the day.

Rooms - our room was very spacious. Not only were there two double/queen beds, there was a sitting area in the middle of the room with 2 bench seats and a coffee table. The only downside to the room is that the walls were a bit on the thin side so you could hear the neighboring rooms. The decor was really cut and the bathrooms were awesome. I did wish, however, they did a better job of vaccuuming the rooms. One thing to look out for is making sure you don't get a room on a low floor close to the gym on site - luckily, we didn't stay in one of these rooms but got lost in the hallway and could hear the bass thumping from the gym.

Aside from the pool and the rooms, we didn't really experience much else in the hotel. the lobby is really nice and interesting and the rooftop pool area is fun. It's set up so that it serves as a lounge at night. Definitely worth checking out!

You can't go wrong staying here. it's close enough to the Lincoln Ave sites as well as other hotels worth visiting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time staying here. Was nice the first time this is why we decided to come again. If you are planning on staying in this hotel just DON'T DO SO . They are having construction work in the hotel the noises are so loud you will be up at 7 in the morning can't even open the curtains, the construction men are working at your windows. We couldn't stay had to check out. The management were very rude And they refused to refund the money. We switched to shore club hotel it is nicer , the same price and at least there is no construction. I will never go back there.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to The Perry, South Beach? Share your experiences!