My sister recently had her wedding reception at The Perry South Beach and although it came out beautiful the hotel management and customer service was some of the worst I've ever experienced. A lot of money was spent by my family on this wedding and the "group rate" they offered was insulting - we could book better deals online!
Needless to say no one other than my parents and myself booked a room and what a mistake that was. To start off the entire hotel is under major renovation and certainly not worth what they are charging. When my mother checked in she was told that her $38 valet charge would be waived because she was a FL resident - when I checked in the following day I was told that I wasn't eligible because I never mentioned it in my initial reservation - niether did my mother and besides how am I supposed to know if no one tells me?!?! We spoke to the front desk and we understood that it would taken care of so I went on with my day. The morning of checkout, my bank account is showing the valet charge - awesome! So I tried talking to the front desk and after a bit of arguing the lady comped it, yet it is still showing as of today on my card.
But the real problem came when my boyfriend went outside to get the car and they charged him too! He didn't know that it was supposed to comped so he paid. As soon as I heard that, I told him what was going on and he immediately asked for a refund of the money he had just handed to the valet guy outside. The lady at the front desk, was quick to say that a refund was simply not that easy. By this point we were already very upset so we requested to speak to the manager, Jimmy Mousad (or something like that). Wow, was he rude and even argued back saying that we had no right to get upset or to raise our voices. And he mentioned that they never even had a free valet discount for Florida residents - what a liar!! After much more discussion than was needed, he did refund our money but we had to fight which I think is absurd. Not once did he apologize, but rather made it seem like we were the wrong ones. This staff is so rude and the hotel should be shut down permanently! There are plenty of other nice hotels on South Beach - do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation. The Perry, South Beach an oceanfront resort with lifestyle amenities, where everything you desire is under one roof. Take in the breathtaking views from our rooftop infinity pool, or enjoy the tropical breeze at our Pool Plaza. Browse in our high-end boutiques or treat yourself to a well-deserved spa treatment. Energize your body, by engaging in the David Barton Gym+Spa. Dining in celebrity chef-driven restaurants, STK Miami is guaranteed to please any palate. After, enjoy a nightcap in one of our nightlife "hotspots." We proudly feature the largest guestrooms in South Beach, which are tastefully appointed with European cotton linens and upgraded amenities. Spanning an entire city block, this ultra-stylish Destination Resort sizzles with modern luxury, exquisite accommodations and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your The Perry, South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Hotel Miami Beach