Recently was part of a film crew that both stayed and shot at The Perry. I was always impressed with the degree of care and dedication the staff was in ensuring our good care here. The room I stayed in had a fabulous terrace that oversaw the gorgeous infinity pool and the ocean to the east. It was extremely spacious, spotlessly clean and tastefully appointed. The bathroom was similarly big and with double sinks and with a toasty warm shower. The bed and high quality linens made for nights of blissfully peaceful sleep.
Since this trip combined work within my stay I would have to make a special mention of Lisa (the Public Relations & Property Manager) at the Perry. She managed to beautifully balance the tightrope of accommodating the needs of our film crew while (rightfully so) maintaining the highest level of concern for the well-being and care of the guests there. Whenever we threw a request her way she provided a creative solution; always with a smile and warmth that so often these days seem to be missing from so many in the service business. What was all the more impressive was she seamlessly pulled this off during a busy holiday week while fully embracing the challenges this presented. While the easier answer to any request could have always been, “no,” she managed to do the impossible and accommodate both my team and the general population of the hotel. Her positive, “can-do” spirit is a great resource that the hotel can be proud of. When someone is willing to go above and beyond their job description, that needs to be acknowledged. In fact, the staff overall were genuinely pleasant, attentive and polite and that starts at the top.
The rooftop pool tends to draw more of the singles scene and the cabana chairs invariably seem to be magnets for a stylish younger crowd. The magnificent infinity pool on the 3rd floor has more of an eclectic mix of families and hipsters relaxing in harmonic coexistence as the ocean waves curl away nearby. The food at the Pool Plaza restaurant is pretty tasty and the service there generally pretty fast. Both Jose and Isabel working there were probably the two nicest wait staff that I’ve ever encountered. Although I didn’t have a chance to eat while on the rooftop, the bartender there whipped up a few pitchers of a delicious smoothie (we were working after-all) that kept my crew in good spirits.
One of the reasons our shoot was drawn to The Perry was the cinematic look that surrounded us from a variety of places, so many stunning looks.
I look forward to returning to The Perry with my family when I can really soak in all the luxury and decompression time we all seek while on vacation. With people like Lisa on staff, The Perry will remain a destination of choice. Every organization can use a rock star performer on staff, and The Perry has found theirs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation. The Perry, South Beach an oceanfront resort with lifestyle amenities, where everything you desire is under one roof. Take in the breathtaking views from our rooftop infinity pool, or enjoy the tropical breeze at our Pool Plaza. Browse in our high-end boutiques or treat yourself to a well-deserved spa treatment. Energize your body, by engaging in the David Barton Gym+Spa. Dining in celebrity chef-driven restaurants, STK Miami is guaranteed to please any palate. After, enjoy a nightcap in one of our nightlife "hotspots." We proudly feature the largest guestrooms in South Beach, which are tastefully appointed with European cotton linens and upgraded amenities. Spanning an entire city block, this ultra-stylish Destination Resort sizzles with modern luxury, exquisite accommodations and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Perry, South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Miami Beach
- Gansevoort South Hotel Miami Beach