We recently completed a 4 night stay at this hotel and I have very mixed feelings. My family of 2 adults and 1 child thought the 1 BR suite with small kitchen would be a great mix of amenities. First the bad: The rooms are incredibly dark - chocolate-colored walls AND ceiling in all rooms with modest (I would say suboptimal) lighting. Made everything seem even more cramped. The view out the window was of an alley with nearby construction. At 5:03 AM on our second day I was awakened (startled) by the garbage truck emptying the dumpster just outside. At about 8 am each day, construction began so this is not the hotel for you if you are interested in sleeping-in at all. On the second evening we returned from dinner to realize the air condition was not working. We were able to secure another room at about 1 am when someone else did not check in and then moved all our stuff ourselves. This room was equally dark and noisy but entered from the courtyard which was modestly more appealing. One last negative: The TV service was horrible. Despite flat screen TVs in all rooms, the reception was lousy and only provided a handful of channels. While I didn't go to Miami Beach to watch TV, my wife and I enjoy a few minutes of CNN before bed (not available) and I would have enjoyed checking ESPN for March Madness (also not available). I don't think this was meant as a family hotel either despite having some amenities that might be suited to families -- the clientele that we saw tended to be the younger, partying crowd. Also, if you are looking for a hotel restaurant or fitness center this is not the hotel for you either.
The good: The employees were caring and helpful. Without that, this might have been a miserable experience. The front desk agent Carlos was most helpful - Thank you.
Lastly, although separate from the hotel, car valet experience was sketchy. The mantra is "call 30 min ahead for your car." The 3 days that we got our car from valet it took less than 10 min, then 50 min and about 1 hr on the last day.
In summary: This was a relatively inexpensive hotel with a decent location and fabulous employees. I just don't think it was the right one for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HostelBookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach