“Good rooms, Great STAFF!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Metropole Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   635 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #94 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Good rooms, Great STAFF!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I just want to leave a shout out to the little dude Rene!! The second me and my girlfriend arrived he helped us feel right at home, and ANY little thing we needed he was right there to help us out.The room itself was clean and comfy, nothing extraordinary but we didn't regret it at all. The front desk staff were pretty awesome as well, although you could tell some guys were new. The asst manager (Sebastian) helped us book tours and took the time to recommend restaurants and a few bars to go to. overall, great stay and will definitely be back!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hello dhabibat,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your honest feedback! Rene is a great employee and a great part of our team! I will definitely let him know about your kind praise! Our staff all know about the perfect spots to send our guests to for dinner, clubbing, shopping, etc. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mescalero, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had just taken a last minute trip and let me tell you what a great place to land. The Metropole was reasonably priced and the location was great. I was a 2 minute walk to the beach and 5 minutes from the greatest clubs and shops. Everyone was extremely friendly the place felt very safe and was very clean. The front desk did an awesome job explaining all amineties and were extrememly helpful when explaining what I needed to do to get back to Ft. Lauderdale airport free of charge I might add. The bed was exquisiet and very large. The rooms were well layed out and had everything you could possibly need. The location is within some great shopping areas. I highly recommend this place Andres Benitez and his staff are just fantistic.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are larger and sunny"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hello LorenzoB1,

Your wonderful 5 star feedback is very much appreciated! Our goal is to make sure that every guest has a great stay, just like you did. We are in the heart of South Beach, just steps away from all the hot spots. Our staff is always eager to provide you with excellent service! It sounds to me like you had a perfect time with us! I will definitely let Mr. Benitez and his staff know of your kind praise! We hope to see you soon!

Oostkamp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

rooms are oke but the bathroom is small and old !
We stay their with 5 people but their were only 3 chairs, 3 plates etc...
Every day we have to look for towels.
Parking and expensive and not well organised. Sometimes we have to wait 30 minutes !

Room Tip: Rooms are ok but the bathroom is old and to small ! We are there with 5 people but their are only 3...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hello Leyn1572400,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated thank you for sharing it with us! I am glad that you were satisfied with our rooms. Can you please provide me with the last name on your reservation? I would like to look further into what room type you booked. Parking on South Beach is typically not cheap. There are meters where you can park at that are about $1.25 per hour with a maximum. There are also several garages around. We apologize for having to wait for your car. Sometimes there is a high demand for cars at the lot they park at. It takes longer time for many cars to come out.

I look forward in hearing from you!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My girlfriend & I plus three male friends stayed in a "2 bed suite" at The Metropole this March during Miami Music Week.

Situated in the perfect location along Collins Avenue, just a 1 minute walk around the corner from Ocean Drive, The Metropole 'did the job' for us during our stay. We stayed in Room 105 (infamous for once housing the Jersey Shore clan)' which is on the ground floor, in the social courtyard area.

The room itself has a fairly spacious open living, dining, kitchen area, which was great to accommodate us all whilst getting ready to go out, and 2 adequately sized bedrooms with large beds, flatscreen satellite TVs and good wardrobe space. The bathroom has a nice sized shower area too.

In terms of facilities, unfortunately our fridge/freezer packed up after the first day and despite our complaints, this was not fixed during our stay. In addition to this, the microwave didn't work, so we opted to eat out the majority of the vacation, which was by no means a bad thing (there are some awesome restaurants located close by!) but it would have been good to have the option of eating in (particularly when quite hungover in the mornings!). The air conditioning is powerful & you can turn the room in to an ice box within 5 minutes. The 'free' WiFi (which you actually pay for with a daily $15 surcharge) is intermittent and difficult to pick up signal from the bedrooms.

The staff were generally helpful and accommodating, helping us arrange transport to the airport & looking after our bags after check out. The only qualm was the whereabouts of the manager at times, who remained anonymous throughout the week, and was unable to be reached by phone either, when we were enquiring about our kitchen appliances.

In conclusion, if you're going to Miami to party, then this is a decent, relatively affordable option & will serve a small group of you well. Having experienced Miami for the first time now, I personally wouldn't return here, but would look to pay more & upgrade to a bigger hotel further up the beach with more of a reputation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello JSalt9,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with your honest and extensive feedback! The room that you stayed in is super cute, and I am glad that you liked it as well. It's a very spacious apartment, and makes it very easy to feel like your home away from home! I am terribly sorry about a few of the appliances were not in working order. Our staff should have come to service this immediately. I would like to look further into your reservation. Can you please provide me the last name that was on your booking?

I look forward in hearing from you!

Katrine Beltran
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a comfortable one-night stay in this comfortable well-equipped apartment near the ocean. Don't let the small almost hidden entrance fool you; it opens into a great place with a friendly helpful staff. We would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello Carla S,

Your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor is greatly appreciated and we are very glad that you decided to share it with us! I am glad that you had a comfortable 1 night stay with us!
Our staff is always eager to serve you and help to create everlasting wonderful memories!! We hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

So my friends and I wanted to escape from home for a weekend and we of course selected southbeach!
Once in metropole, we felt at home. The whole staff was so helpful and gave us a solution for every request we had.

The rooms are clean,spacious and the courtyard area is beautiful. The price of the room was a bit high but after all the staff did for us it's totally worth it!
Many thanks to rene and marco, you guys were excellent and special thanks to sebastian( I think he was the manager) he was courteous and helped with our needs!
Amazing hotel experience, I will come back!!

• Stayed January 2013
Hello Christine_boston123,

Your wonderful 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very glad that you chose to share it with us! We are glad that you chose to stay with us on your weekend getaway! Our goal is the make people feel at home and comfortable! We are so glad that we were able to do that for you! I will definitely let Rene and Marco know of your kind praise!
We hope to have you stay with us again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

A group of us booked this hotel for our holiday for labourday weekend we where 2 couples staying here. I was bit worried as the price was not to bad and it was in a great location so I thought it must be rough but the check in was simple the rooms where very clean and ultra modern and the bathrooms where in tip top shape, The service was also good, if there was anything i would fault it would be that they charged me for 2 beers out of the mini bar but we dont dring beer and we did not take anything out of there!!!. We liked it so much here that we extended our stay for a extra 2 days and we didnt do it online we jsut simply called up and they extended it and we got to keep same room score !!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Spit_sp2385,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback! I am very glad to read that you had a smooth check in and what you were content with the cleanliness of your room! I am also very glad to read that you were given exceptional service by our staff, and that you extended your stay with us for an extra 2 nights! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Katrine

Been to Metropole Apartments? Share your experiences!