My girlfriend & I plus three male friends stayed in a "2 bed suite" at The Metropole this March during Miami Music Week.
Situated in the perfect location along Collins Avenue, just a 1 minute walk around the corner from Ocean Drive, The Metropole 'did the job' for us during our stay. We stayed in Room 105 (infamous for once housing the Jersey Shore clan)' which is on the ground floor, in the social courtyard area.
The room itself has a fairly spacious open living, dining, kitchen area, which was great to accommodate us all whilst getting ready to go out, and 2 adequately sized bedrooms with large beds, flatscreen satellite TVs and good wardrobe space. The bathroom has a nice sized shower area too.
In terms of facilities, unfortunately our fridge/freezer packed up after the first day and despite our complaints, this was not fixed during our stay. In addition to this, the microwave didn't work, so we opted to eat out the majority of the vacation, which was by no means a bad thing (there are some awesome restaurants located close by!) but it would have been good to have the option of eating in (particularly when quite hungover in the mornings!). The air conditioning is powerful & you can turn the room in to an ice box within 5 minutes. The 'free' WiFi (which you actually pay for with a daily $15 surcharge) is intermittent and difficult to pick up signal from the bedrooms.
The staff were generally helpful and accommodating, helping us arrange transport to the airport & looking after our bags after check out. The only qualm was the whereabouts of the manager at times, who remained anonymous throughout the week, and was unable to be reached by phone either, when we were enquiring about our kitchen appliances.
In conclusion, if you're going to Miami to party, then this is a decent, relatively affordable option & will serve a small group of you well. Having experienced Miami for the first time now, I personally wouldn't return here, but would look to pay more & upgrade to a bigger hotel further up the beach with more of a reputation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Tingo, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach