Just checked out of the Metropole hotel on yesterday, 1/21. Marco was the front desk attendant that check us in, and to be the only person assisting guests at such a busy time of the day, he did a pretty decent job of trying to accommodate everyone in a timely manner. The room was clean and they even brought my girlfriend a bottle of wine in honor of her bachelorette weekend, which was pretty nice. The pool is more the size of a hot tub and the transaction process for check-in/out is a little dated, but it gets the job done.
There were a few maintenance issues that we had to call downstairs for such as the toilet clogging AFTER the room service came to clean and room service not leaving towels or toilet paper. But the hotel worked quickly to resolve these minor inconveniences. On the other hand, they offer chairs and wi-fi for the beach, which was a nice plus.
Our concern came down to the staff and their communications with guest regarding all of the other services that they "offer", specifically the free shuttle to MIA airport. Upon checkout, we were asked if we needed to reserve the shuttle for airport transfer. After confirming, we were informed to come down 15 minutes prior to the hours. After 30 minutes of waiting, the front desk attendant begins to explain that sometimes the shuttle does not come if it is full, but maybe wait longer. After waiting nearly 45 minutes, they indicated that they offer a cab service, but that the hotel would not pay for it. I cannot understand how the hotel promotes a free shuttle service (which is of course, not free and is considered in the hotel rate) and when you plan for that and reserve it, they make no accommodations to help get you an alternative method to the airport when THEIR service failed. Thankfully, my sister made her flight, but her luggage did not make the plane. I have called twice to speak to the General Manger, Andreas (sp), but they continue to tell me to call back at another time and Michael, who answered the phone this morning, proceeded to tell me "good luck" with that, since its not the hotel's fault that no one communicated that the shuttle would never come and that it would have come in the next hour. That is not OK. Metropole indicated that they are shooting to be a 5 star rated hotel, but with this type of service, I am not sure they will get there anytime soon.
Either way, customer service is a pet peeve of mine. And while this hotel is in an excellent location, having people take your money and they do not offer the full extent of the service that they advertise is not OK with me.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Hotel
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.