This was my third time going to Miami and I wanted more of an apartment feel than hotel. We were planning to stay for 5 days so we wanted something comfortable and big. I'm a college student so I wanted to save money by staying at a place with kitchen, living room etc so you save money by cooking some food and having drinks in the apartment.. I looked into hostels, home away, airbnb and ended up at the Metrople after getting great rates.
If you want the restaurant, bar, lobby, room service, breakfast in bed, pool towels etc then go to a hotel... If you want more of a self service, apartment, home away from home... Come here!!
-I thought the service was great. Checkin was easy and fast. We were checked in by Darien who also gave us comp cards to go out to the clubs and info about happy hour, the shuttle etc
-the next day Sebastian and Michael were working at the desk... They hooked us up with Mick and the shuttle and also gave us great recommendations.
-we stayed on the 4th floor, in the middle, had a view of Collins and also ocean drive
-having the two tvs, microwave, walk in closet, dining room table was great... It felt just like an apartment... I've stayed at other hotels in Miami... This place was nice!!!
-a couple friends who were staying in sunny isles came to visit... It was nice to show off our "jersey shore hotel"... The living room was great to host in as well as the patio/garden downstairs. We were hanging out before going out on the town... And it did get noisy. There was a noise complaint and the staff were very professional in telling us to turn the music down.
-checkout was also great... No hidden charges... No surprises...they stored our bags for the day
-we needed an iron.... Called downstairs and they brought one to the room in minutes
-iPod dock was broken... Maintenance man came and replaced it in 10 mins.... Nice guy from Cuba
-curtains had some stains on them.... But these are curtains.... Not a dealbreaker... We didn't mind.... Overall the place was clean and the maid came everyday. I'm asthmatic and dust can trigger an attack... So I needed somewhere clean... This place was clean!
-the pool is small... So we just went to the ocean...not a big deal
Overall being in an apartment that was cleaned everyday, having a free shuttle so we saved on cabs, location...right next to the beach and ocean drive and Collins, near the buses so we rode the bus to downtown Miami, the mall etc, happy hour across the street at the Whitelaw....a fridge and microwave oven and plates and cutlery so we bought things like pizza and drinks and had them in our apartment... This was the best vacation ever! We lived that south beach life!
Thank you Darien...wish u all the best with your fiancé! Thanks Michael and Sebastian! I'm def comin back here the next time I am in Miami and would def recommend it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach