I have stayed at over 10 hotels in Miami and South Beach area. This hotel is by far the worst. The management is shady and the business practices are questionable at best (even by South Beach standards.)
- The hotel reception staff is great. All of them are nice, welcoming, and courteous. This is impressive for South Beach and was the highlight of our stay at this hotel.
- Rooms are a great size and well decorated.
- Outside lounge area is comfortable and enjoyable.
- Good value if you get a working room.
- Maintenance at this hotel is horrific. This was worse then any hotel I have stayed in ... including in 3rd world countries. For example, out toilets had to be fixed 2 times (broken after every maid visit and started to fix it ourselves after the second complaint), sink wouldn't drain, shower had no hot water, a colony of black flys were living on the bathroom walls, A/C didn't work and we had to pay to be upgraded to a room with A/C (no joke I have the receipt to prove this), and I could go on and on.
- Cleanliness is not something they pride themselves on. We had tennis sized human hair balls in two rooms, the beds in the rooms were only sometimes straightened up, more then one piece of silverware had old food stuck to it, and the bathroom was never cleaned.
- Our bathroom was not in working order and the A/C was broken. We are talking 80+ degrees at night with no breeze. We reported the issue to management and they said we would take care of the issue for you during the day. When we came back at night and the A/C was still broken and we were informed that it was because the compressor needed to be replaced. The night auditor is a great guy and did everything he could do to help us out. The best he could offer was to move us to the only other available room that was a two-bedroom suit (upgrade) for one night. However, we would have to move to a different room the next morning as the general manager wouldn't allow us to keep the upgrade for our remaining 2 nights. So the result was that if we wanted to have a room with a working bathroom and A/C for the remainder of our say we would need to move rooms 2 times or pay an upgrade fee.
What respectable hotel chain treats their guests in this way? None! This was completely the fault of the GM and not the reception/auditor staff. In fact, if it was wasn't for the night staff working so hard and being so kind, I would have dedicated days of my time reporting this shady business to every place that would listen.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Hotel
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Olotels, HostelBookers, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.