“I'm calling [--] on this one.” 2 of 5 stars

Metropole Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   635 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #106 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Florida
“I'm calling [--] on this one.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Third stay at hotel metropole and I gotta say I return for a reason, great apartment size room with kitchen and perfect location.
But....this time accompanied by the lamest service I've experienced in or outside the country.
First, I call front desk and a girl extends my checkout by 30min gratis. Cool. Then I get a guy with attitude calling the room as Im about to leave to 'inform' me checkout was a half hour ago. Yeah I get that, but no use explaining that his associate and he need to practice better communication skills.
Then at checkout I'm informed there is 'a problem' with one of the airport shuttle vans. These actually service all of the so beach properties branded hotels in SOBE, and the once an hour airport run is already not the most convenient. As a result of the trouble, the van is 'in the shop' apparently all day today so now there will be airport service only every two hours. Lame. I ask for a manager as I'm sure I can help solve the problem. (I'm thinking, go rent a van for $75 bucks for the day rather than tick off your guests-I even offer to do the legwork and get them a rental deal by summoning my Priceline superpowers) Mgr arrives, plot thickens. Now it's a flat tire. Really? In tbe shop all day for that? Oops 2 min later it's 'we don't actually know what the problem is'
Wow.
So the service ("but it's free, how can you complain"states the guy at reception) has been reduced 50% but monsieur manager thinks that's A-OK.
I call [--]. And make my way to the nearest espresso shop to lick my wounds.
Kind of typical of slick business practices (save a buck by trimming service) of some of these small Florida hotels, just be aware.

• Stayed October 2012
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Good Morning Rersey,

Your feedback matters and we are glad that you chose to share it with us! It is always nice to know about our returning guests! I apologize for the lack of communication that we had between our staff. In regards to the shuttle, we were experiencing mechanical issues that were out of our control to fix therefore we had to take the shuttle to the shop. We tried to fix the issue so we would be able to give that service to our guests but we were not able to. This happened in the early morning so we didn't have much time to inform all of our guests. I am sorry that the front desk mis informed you. There was a problem with the belt and we didn't want to put any of our guests in danger. How were you to get to the airport?

I hope to hear from you soon!

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

i stayed at the metropole for one week for one week. i stayed there before about 3 years ago but i must say the quality of the serice has changed. I frequently had to ask for the towels and other tolierties there was a slight unusual smell in the shower and the AC was not not very consisitant i had a problem getting the front desk during the day,but the evening staff especially Micheal was excellent! Micheal was very helpful and very much customer service oriented, i never at any moment felt that any request was to much! we need more michaels at the metropole. Either way the next time i hit miami i may consider staying there.The location is great, i wished for the resort fee that they at least added beach chairs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Nalex29,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! I am very glad to read that you are a returning guest! I will definitely let our team know about the shift of service and the smell in the shower. Michael is a wonderful asset to the team! He loves being there to serve the guest and he does such a wonderful job and we are very happy to have him on our team! I will let him know of your kind praise! When you are coming back to South Beach- please let me know and I would love to personally handle your reservation! We hope to see you soon!

Hermosa Beach, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Overall the hotel was good. We read the reviews before going and requested a room in the back to avoid noise. It was a good size room for what we paid for and really good location. They offered a free one hour happy hour at their sister properties. It was nice to have free drinks and see the other hotels. We got the hotel for about half its regular price and feel it was worth it for the size and location.

• Stayed October 2012
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad that you found Metropole to be good! :) I am also very happy to read that you were able to enjoy our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8. Which hotel were you sipping cocktails at? We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Have a great day!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Guys trip to South Beach and we all had our own rooms, they were nice and clean. Flats screens in living room and bedrooms...court yard was a good place to just hang out and meet other guests. Staff was helpful and friendly and open bar everynight from 7-8pm (at sister hotels) Bartender Sam makes a great drink (and she's cute) had a ball...Going back April 26, 2013 come join us...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mulberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loved everything about this place!! Location, dinnings, rooms were incredible!! Take it from someone who travels a lot , this place was a great spacious apartment. Partied hard and help was incredible!!! They don't have a pool but who cares when the beach is a block away!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed in a two bed room suite with my friend. Can i say this is ONE OF THE BEST HOTELS in South Beach. I been to Miami 5 times and stayed in ok hotels, this one tops all of them. Perfect location, friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms with lots of closet space, full kitchen. Perfect home away from home. Complementary wine at the front desk. Overall this hotel is all positives. The only negative i have to say, is the second room doesn't have much lighten. Open up the curtains for more light. Other than that no complaints at all. Highly suggested. Free hotel shuttle to and from Miami airport. Free happy hour from 7-8 down the street at the White Law hotel.

Room Tip: Room 415 is a great room; the view oversee's Collins ave :)