Third stay at hotel metropole and I gotta say I return for a reason, great apartment size room with kitchen and perfect location.
But....this time accompanied by the lamest service I've experienced in or outside the country.
First, I call front desk and a girl extends my checkout by 30min gratis. Cool. Then I get a guy with attitude calling the room as Im about to leave to 'inform' me checkout was a half hour ago. Yeah I get that, but no use explaining that his associate and he need to practice better communication skills.
Then at checkout I'm informed there is 'a problem' with one of the airport shuttle vans. These actually service all of the so beach properties branded hotels in SOBE, and the once an hour airport run is already not the most convenient. As a result of the trouble, the van is 'in the shop' apparently all day today so now there will be airport service only every two hours. Lame. I ask for a manager as I'm sure I can help solve the problem. (I'm thinking, go rent a van for $75 bucks for the day rather than tick off your guests-I even offer to do the legwork and get them a rental deal by summoning my Priceline superpowers) Mgr arrives, plot thickens. Now it's a flat tire. Really? In tbe shop all day for that? Oops 2 min later it's 'we don't actually know what the problem is'
So the service ("but it's free, how can you complain"states the guy at reception) has been reduced 50% but monsieur manager thinks that's A-OK.
I call [--]. And make my way to the nearest espresso shop to lick my wounds.
Kind of typical of slick business practices (save a buck by trimming service) of some of these small Florida hotels, just be aware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach