“Good location but pricey and average” 3 of 5 stars

Metropole Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   635 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #69 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good location but pricey and average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed in a two bedroom suite with two friends. Nothing super special about the hotel. Rooms should be more well kept in my opinion for the price. The bathroom was small and toilet not super functional. They need better lighting in the rooms, has that bachelor pad feel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hebrew first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Location is amazing, just one block from the main restaurants in Miami Beach.
There´s a public parking very close (half block). Don´t use their vallet cause is quite expensive.

Room is huge. Bathroom is ok, Kitchen, bedroom and living room are very nice.

Problems: room is very dark (dark walls). Blackout curtains don´t work in the mornings so be prepare to wake up early. Our room was facing the street so it was a bit noisy... i would ask for one facing the pool.
Carpets on the room and corridors are a bit smelly... but not terrible.

Room Tip: Choose one facing the pool...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Clear Lake City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Really nice people and service over all great location really close to the beach and shops... Brand stores.. We will return next year... For sure!!!! I loved it so much... We went on our honeymoon , and it was ournfirstbtime in Miami beach and the hotel really is well worth it.. Thanks to all the staff that made our stay very very comfortable and unique... Excellent hotel... We are definitely staying here next year... :))

Room Tip: All rooms are great!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at the Metropole on Joly 17-19, 2012. It was an okay experience, had both its highlights and low points, but we got a great deal on the hotel so I suppose we got what we paid for.

The good: GREAT location! Right in the middle of all of the good shops and restaurants on Collins, a block away from Ocean Drive, just a few minutes walk, but far enough away that the music and energy of Ocean Dr. doesn't keep you up.
Room layout was great, we had a one bedroom; great closet space, nice living room and kitchen area.
Service: Housekeeping was great; Terrence, the night concierge was AWESOME! One of the friendliest and nicest guys!
Courtyard was a nice place to hang out if you had the time-- the pool is really small, more like the size of a hot tub.
Free Happy Hours and shuttle rides are great perks and worth utilizing.

The Bad: The sofa bed was TERRIBLE. It was broken in one spot, so extremely uncomfortable, the 3 of us ended up sharing the King sized bed.. and one night I just slept on the couch itself without folding it out into a bed.
Noise: We were in the room right beside the employee stairwell and on the 2nd floor, so could constantly hear someone slamming the door, people walking in the stairwell, and people moving around on the floor above us. One day, they were doing a complete cleaning of the courtyard, which we could also hear.
Service: The day time concierge, Sebastien, was as helpful as he could be. The bulk of calls coming must be going to him, so understandably he was probably a bit frazzled at times. But we did find we had to call several times to get services done for our room (our safe broke, hair dryer broke, we needed extra towels). And he was the only one at the front desk and answering the phone, so if you went to the desk to ask him something, it could be a bit of a wait.
We asked for a wake up call for our last morning, which they missed by an hour, luckily I was expecting that and had set an alarm on my cell phone.

Would I stay here again? Maybe, if I got a good deal again and was able to get a room on the 3rd floor and AWAY from the stairwell. Not the worst place, but not the best? Hard to decide my final feelings on it. Hope this review helps you determine, depending on why are you coming to SoBe and how much time you will be spending in the hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor and away from the stairwell.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
J R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Did you report the sofa bed to management? It is great to know you were able to enjoy the happy hour and utilize the shuttle service. Feel free to contact me directly if you ever decided to return to South Beach so I can help make your stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon.

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed in Miami for 10 days and the Hotel that I always stay was full during the weekend, so I had to move... I was really scared before checking in at the Metropole Hotel, because of everything that is written here, but I have to tell you, it's not THAT bad! The staff is really friendly (everyone was really nice and helpful), and I had a room with a kitchen, a huge living room, an ok bed room, a walk in closet and a mini bathroom...
As I new (because of the reviews here), I asked for a room facing the pool, because of the noise at the street, and I had no problems with that. My room was really quiet!
The room is really great, the only real problem that I see is the bed..... yes, it's old.... the HAVE to buy new mattresses!!!! Please!!! For the price we pay, that bed is completely out.....! Bed mattress was so old that the middle was not "flat"..... And the bathroom is small, that's true, but it's not that bad! They could do something about it, but it's not something that bothered me....
Ok, so in general, the hotel is OK, but I think it's a little overpriced because of these little things... its definitely not a 5 star hotel, and it needs a little renovation, but its good because of the size of the room.... I mean, it's like a little apartment! There are good things and bad!
Ahhhhh they have a FREE shuttle to Miami International Airport, this was really good!!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room NOT facing the street, because of the noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Lsrour,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are always grateful for the pro and con review. Your review has been forwarded to the proper department so we can make improvements.
We look forward to your return soon.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is my third stay at Metropole and as expected they delivered! Sebastian was GREAT help throughout the entire trip as well. Our needs were always address by EACH staff member in a timely fashion! We truly enjoyed our stay- 5 stars without a doubt! I will definitely CONTINUE recommend Metropole to others!

Room Tip: Bottom courtyard area has the best rooms.
Trayanna H,

We are always pleased to hear we have a return guest. Download our new mobile app for exclusive deals. Our staff will love the positive feedback of there services. We look forward to your next visit.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I've stayed at Metropole a few times now. I've had a great experience each time and would recommend it to anyone. The apartments/rooms are plush and very nice; they have a "modern" feel to them with great furniture, lots of space, including stainless steel kitchen equipment. Maybe even better? You can't beat the location, right on Collins and a block from Ocean Drive and the beach.

We recently stayed there in July 2012 - we got a 2-bedroom apartment which was on the 1st floor and our front door led out to the courtyard/pool area (as seen on "Jersey Shore" episode). The beds were comfortable, the living room and couch was cozy for the little time you actually spend in your room, there was an extra dining table and working desk. The rate included free WIFI (although not a very strong signal and fairly slow). It was overall a great experience. A real bonus for us is the fridge, which is really needed when staying in Miami, especially during the summer months. It gets HOT! Go to one of those small markets around the hotel and buy a bunch of water bottles, snacks, etc for really cheap and store them there. It will pay off on your visit....you will need that water and don't have to drink anything out of the mini bar. Also, when you visit the beach, the front desk will get you free beach chairs and towels.

Now to the negatives...there are a few, but this is south beach....were you really expecting the friendliest service in the world? I've actually never had any rude service at MetroPole, just more of the "I don't really care about you" or "I'm busy doing something else so I'm going to ignore you". Just don't get upset about it and ignore them....something to get upset about? If renting a car, the valet parking is TERRIBLE! You pay $32 a night and it takes them 30 minutes to bring your car around. One morning I called ahead 30 minutes and when I came outside, it still took them 15 more minutes to bring it around. It's really bad service if you consider how much you have to pay for it. I've had this issue on all my stays there, so it's not like we ran into bad luck. One last thing I will say is that you have to sign a "party waiver" when you check in, but all the rooms around me played music incredibly loud (there is an I-pod dock with a small sub woofer/speaker system in most rooms) late into the night. But after all, it is south beach so I'm not complaining about that too much.

Overall, my negatives are small and the great things about this place are so worth it. MetroPole's location and room setups will make me come back time and time again. I've been to Miami many times, and bang for the buck, I don't see any better options in South beach!

Room Tip: If you want to stay on the 1st floor by the courtyard/pool area, request Room 106. Best location in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Richiana,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to know you admire the Metropole. For our guest we just launched our new mobile app. It offers our best discounted rates for all of our guest. We hope to see you again in the future.

Vibe Manager

Been to Metropole Apartments? Share your experiences!