“Great Location, Great Staff, Spacious Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   834 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #94 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cincinnati
“Great Location, Great Staff, Spacious Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great fun with family.....all adults. Across from the beach and great places to eat. I wouldn't bring small children to this property. Loud music and young adults partying into the early morning. Both Ronnie and Taylor at the front desk were very helpful. Good strong coffee and hot cookies each morning in the lobby. Room was clean and comfortable. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 406 - 2 queens, 1 sofa bed w/kitchen. Comfortable and spacious. 18 year old had hi...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This MOTEL gets no stars from me! I was scheduled to stay at the casa grande suites from 7/24-7/28, however, I did not survive that long. When you think of a suite in Miami you would assume the hotel knows there will possibly be more than 2 people in the room. This is Miami and people travel in groups right? So upon arrival we find out that in addition to the cost of the room we would have to pay $50 extra per person per night once you exceed 2. There were 4 of us so that totaled $400 extra which brought our total for the 4 night stay to over $1300.
Now that's great if this is the Westin or Eden Roc but clearly not!
Now let's get to the room... It had a very old and aged feel. You could tell the upkeep was poor. There were chipped counters and ledges with the side peeling off, paint coming off of the walls etc. The furniture did not look bad at first until I noticed the couch was covered with a sheet and thank you for that because it was filthy underneath.
The kitchen was fine. It had an oven, fridge and microwave. The ice maker in the freezer didn't work but that's on the bottom of my complaint list. The bathroom made me squirm, it was old fashioned and poorly upkept. I wanted to wear shower shoes as if I was back in my college dorm. The towels had stains on them from previous users which grossed me out as well so I went to the store and purchased my own. The bedroom had the same dingy sheets as the couch.
The view was awesome if that helps at all.
Regardless of these things, we were still going to make the best of it because we needed this vacation badly.
Now let's get to the service and what ultimately led to me leaving the hotel.
As if it wasn't bad enough we were paying these ridiculous extra fees, every time we exited or entered the hotel the front desk agent, Damien, would ask who we were with and what room we were in. This happened repeatedly even if he had just seen us a few minutes ago. I felt like a prisoner. On the second day in the morning I went downstairs to ask for extra towels because there were only 2 in the room. Damien who was on shift again, accused me of having 6 people in my room and was adamant about it. This was possibly one of the most insulting, demeaning experiences of my life. I am now defending myself and my family to him when I am the GUEST! He gave me the towels after a hassle. Later that day after returning. from the beach we came back to an 85 degree room. The AC had broken and the temperature was unbearable. My sister went downstairs to speak to Damien once again, and this time he was full on rude. He brushed her off completely while he dealt with another guest checking in because surprise surprise she was also upset because she had just learned of the extra fees for her stay. When Damien finally addressed my sister it was rude and led to a shouting match at which point he threatened to come from behind the counter ( this really happened). When she shouted back at him he said that we have to leave and he called the police. It was the most obnoxious, unnecessary thing ever. The police came and agreed with us so we had a report filed. We checked out and got a refund (which they tried to fight), and went to stay at the Holiday Inn on Collins ave which I highly recommend!
Overall the hotel is shabby and the service is beyond poor. I am a restaurant manager and I would never employ or tolerate someone as ignorant as this man. Please do yourself a favor and NOT stay here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Miami Shores, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Last weekend my partner and I had the chance to return to Ocean Drive and relive a peace of our childhood!!! A weekend in South Beach. We are Cuban Americans, and this great city is what we get to call home. So for us to leave our home and head out for a beach away is leaving home, until you arrive at Casa Grande and you realize your feeling of home just got upgraded. We found ourselves in this beautiful gorgeous classy apartment with a view of the grand ocean right from our living room, just across the street.. It was my partner's birthday celebration and all I can say it was beyond our expectation. From Pedro the parking assistant offering Cuban coffee in the morning, to Ronnie the front desk main man that welcome us with a great smile, energetic and so cheerful saying "Happy Birthday!! Welcome to Casa Grande and have the time of your life" There to help you in anything you needed. We truly did have an amazing bday weekend. Saturday night it was 11 and we were hungry and all you had to do was go downstairs and News Café or Larios were right next door to enjoy an evening appetizer and cocktail. Location is Priceless. This place is yes, in old style Miami Beach but with all the perks and upgrades. You can tell there is a special, detailed and very experienced conductor behind the scenes running this special gem.........Marissa you do an amazing job, Thank you for offering us such a great oceanfront place to call home, and to think... it's right on our backyard.........!!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

By far the staff was very courteous and professional. Front desk checked us in quickly. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The clock had a iPod doc. They had Bed and Body Works toiletries. Our flight didn't leave until the the evening and they were gracious to keep our luggage as we hung out on Ocean Drive until it was time to go to the airport. Overall my stay was fantastic!

Room Tip: Across the beach
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I stayed at Casa Grande Suite a couple days before my bachelorette festivities kicked on in Miami. The hotel is nicely decorated, but you can tell that it is an older property. I loved the location, because it was so convenient to all of the bars, restaurants and shopping I could need. The beach was also directly across the street. I enjoyed that the hotel is adjacent to a restaurant and bar that you can access from within. The room was incredibly spacious. I really wished that I'd had friend there with me. It was way more room than I needed. It was something like a studio apartment. A nice sized sleeping are with TV, iPod stereo doc and 2 full beds. There was also a kitchen and dining area that were of considerable size. I would say the room could easily sleep 4-5 people comfortably. There was plenty room for roll away beds. The one draw back was the bathroom. It was pretty small. Only one person could really fit in there at a time without it feeling cramped. Overall, it was a decent stay. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed it. I bought it on special, so for me it was a great price. The price the rooms go for online are a little high, but sometimes they have specials so it's definitely worth looking into if you want convenience and space. As for amenities, I know there is a spa on site, but I never saw it. I didn't see a pool or fitness room either.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

The Hotel South Beach was a great little find . The staff was amazing , very helpful and attentive . They made you feel important and apprecited . The rooms in the new wing which are on Ocean dr are decorated in a very cool art deco design . The rooms are clean and spacious and very comfortable . There was a little courtyard that you could have your meals at , that was quite charming . Great little find in the heart of South Beach . Oh Thanks Davide for all your help .

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

From the second we pulled up, "Edson" was there to valet our car, to when we checked out with "Ronnie", our entire stay was perfect! Located in the heart of South Beach, you will enjoy this hotel. The one bedroom was huge, even had two bathrooms, with full amenities! Steve the manager was on hand to tell us all the must see spots and was even able to recommend great places to eat! Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Ocean view room was great!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach? Share your experiences!