“Convenient Location and TONS of space on South Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   834 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #92 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Memphis, Tennessee
“Convenient Location and TONS of space on South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at Casa Grande Suite a couple days before my bachelorette festivities kicked on in Miami. The hotel is nicely decorated, but you can tell that it is an older property. I loved the location, because it was so convenient to all of the bars, restaurants and shopping I could need. The beach was also directly across the street. I enjoyed that the hotel is adjacent to a restaurant and bar that you can access from within. The room was incredibly spacious. I really wished that I'd had friend there with me. It was way more room than I needed. It was something like a studio apartment. A nice sized sleeping are with TV, iPod stereo doc and 2 full beds. There was also a kitchen and dining area that were of considerable size. I would say the room could easily sleep 4-5 people comfortably. There was plenty room for roll away beds. The one draw back was the bathroom. It was pretty small. Only one person could really fit in there at a time without it feeling cramped. Overall, it was a decent stay. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed it. I bought it on special, so for me it was a great price. The price the rooms go for online are a little high, but sometimes they have specials so it's definitely worth looking into if you want convenience and space. As for amenities, I know there is a spa on site, but I never saw it. I didn't see a pool or fitness room either.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Hotel South Beach was a great little find . The staff was amazing , very helpful and attentive . They made you feel important and apprecited . The rooms in the new wing which are on Ocean dr are decorated in a very cool art deco design . The rooms are clean and spacious and very comfortable . There was a little courtyard that you could have your meals at , that was quite charming . Great little find in the heart of South Beach . Oh Thanks Davide for all your help .

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the second we pulled up, "Edson" was there to valet our car, to when we checked out with "Ronnie", our entire stay was perfect! Located in the heart of South Beach, you will enjoy this hotel. The one bedroom was huge, even had two bathrooms, with full amenities! Steve the manager was on hand to tell us all the must see spots and was even able to recommend great places to eat! Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Ocean view room was great!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first trip to South Beach Miami. I had the time of my life. Drunk every night, laying in the sun. OMG if you go to Wet Willies, get the Bob Marley drink, it is sooooo good. But I stayed at the Casa Grande Suite and hotel. It was nice and spacious, the only downfall is that it only sleeps four, so my friends and I ended up buying an air mattress and staying that way. I did here that they were strict as far as more than 4 people staying in one room but they never approached us about it. Location was great, right across from the beach. Definitely party night life kind of area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stayed here after an unexpected layover and being stuck here. Small place, didn't notice it at first, nestled between two other business. The hotel itself is very European style. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating. The employee at the front desk (unfortunately did not catch his name) was a true gentleman. Really made our day with his courtesy and pleasantness. Stayed in room 409. Not much of a view, but a wonderfully large balcony and the room had a kitchenette and living room. Felt more like an apartment than a room. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

These rooms are owned individually, and they are like a condo, complete with a bedroom, 2 baths, a kitchen, living room and dining area (at least the one I stayed in, not sure about all of them). The hotel is exceptional in location, you could not get any better, it is directly across from the beach, looking out at all the people watching and the ocean, of course! I have mixed reviews on the front desk, as some are extremely nice, others were just average. I stayed with my parents the first night out of 3 nights, and the front desk told us that they were going to have to charge a $50 fee for me, since on the reservations it was only listed as 2. We found it to be quite odd, as this is a "suite" as they call it, complete with a bedroom and a pull-out couch. There was definitely enough room for myself, we didn't need a roll-away bed or anything. So I guess you need to make sure and let them know how many people for sure will be staying in the room when you book. Other than that, the room and hotel were fine. Yes, it is located right on Ocean Drive, you are literally in the middle of it all. So it is going to be noisy and loud, but honestly, it wasn't bad. I slept on the couch, which is in the front of the room (looking out to the ocean and right on top of Ocean Drive) and it was not bad at all. Now I will say the back of the room, where the bedroom is, is was quite loud as the music that was underneath us from the store was booming, but it closes around midnight, so it was fine. You're in South Beach...I bet you're not going to be going to bed before midnight anyhow! This spot is perfect for a group of friends, if they don't charge you totally extra for all the people, and I would even say for families as well, if you stay during the weekdays. No real amenities such as a pool or daily maid service, but you're definitely getting a taste of South Beach. A good bang for you buck!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

I didn't like the way the front desk handled two situations with two sets of people that were unhappy with their reservation at The Casa Grande. In no way did they try too satisfy these people. I felt as though if this were me having some issues that they would not do everything that they could to make me happy with my stay. Now lets discuss the room… everything in this room was OLD, the leather couch in the picture, which advertised the hotel on their website, well our sofa had rips all over it -- they had it covered with a sheet. The bathroom was so old looking, something out of the 1970's. As for the smell of the room, with carpet, an old mildew smell. The bedroom was fine, dated, but fine. The kitchen presented a feel to me of not being clean, no where i would ever cook or eat from. The only thing i enjoyed about my stay at this hotel was the location, next to everything. IF asked would i stay at this location again, i would have to say HECK NO!! Not worth the amount of money for such a Motel 6 type of hotel.

Room Tip: Read Trip Advisor reviews before staying at these hotels
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach? Share your experiences!