“Great SOBE location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great SOBE location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location, location, location! Staying at this hotel puts you right in the middle of the nightlife. We were right in between Fat Tuesdays and Wet Willies. A few steps away from Mangos and the Clevelander. Because we came to party, we couldn't have asked for anything more. We had a junior suite and we had more than enough space. Any utensils or supplies that aren't available in the kitchen can be obtained with a phone call to the front desk. Expect to pay $25 per day for valet but it was convenient. A $100 deposit was placed on my credit card for a 2 night stay but was refunded after checkout. I won't look for any other hotel on my next visit to Miami.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Hotel was very comfortable, plenty of room, with full kitchen. Staff was very helpful too. Also being in a loud sector, the room was very peaceful. It has a great location, The only bad things is that some of the AC outlets are kind of loose, so it very hard to charge your cellphone.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been staying at The Casa Grande for years and love. Some of the suites may not be fully renovated, but the location makes up for it! They have wonderful full kitchens for you to shop and bring back food to prepare. If you are an urban traveler and get it, stay here!

Room Tip: Feel free to call the front desk and talk with them. The accommodations are all condos and large wi...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For my birthday, my gfs and I did a tour of South beach. When we had our maximum number of occupants (4) we stayed here for 3 nights. I was impressed with the amount of space in the room but that was it. The bathroom looked like something from the early 80s. I had to ask for towels constantly although we clearly paid for the $50/pp extra fee. Since these are "studio apartments rented out" and not an actual hotel...please note, they are limited on such items as an iron and ironing board. Literally, we were told there were none available after check in until the following day. The cleaning service was mediocre at best, I know I asked for the bathroom to be cleaned every day, but for some reason the tub continued to be left out...that was a problem because the tub filled with water while taking a shower. Closet space was great and the location on Ocean drive is wonderful. But be warned, it was severely overpriced and not what I consider a suite. I would not stay at this location nor recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you are not located in the front of the hotel, you will only have a view of the brick walls of th...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed with my 2 kids in one of the suites before Christmas and let me tell you that the hotel front desk representatives are outstanding; one of them oriented me personally to a store in the nearby giving me many caution tips to be safe. The rooms are well appointed with a full kitchen including microwave, oven, side by side fridge; dishes washer; glasses; dishes; etc. Also it has a lot of room for keeping your clothes in 2 different closets; a dining room with its table and 6 chairs. A mini stereo; flat tv; wi-fi and very comfortable beds in a zero noise atmosphere although it is located in Ocean Drive. There is no restaurant or swimming pool but you don't need them cause it is plenty of places for having a meal next door and the beach is in front of the hotel. We had a pleasant stay and we suggest it to anyone who enjoys staying at an apartment within an hotel for a very good deal.

• Stayed December 2014
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I couldn't understand why this place was so inexpensive, being right on Ocean Drive and in the heart of SoBe and the Art Deco district. I took a chance because of the good reviews. The rooms, however spacious with flat screen TV and separate kitchen, was rather dated. The carpet was ripped in several places, and the kitchen was not conducive for cooking...not many utensils. However it did have a full refrigerator and stove. We were lucky that our room was quiet and away from all the noise out front.
As soon as you walk outside, it was "in your face" music. Cafes, restaurants and clubs lined the streets. Everything was in walking distance...the beach, bus stops, and outside mall. There was no reason to be bored here.
After a 2 night stay in Fort Myers, we drove here on a Sunday afternoon. Needless to say, I was overwhelmed by all the activity in front of the hotel. A had to drive around the block and returned to find a place to park in front of the hotel (luckily). The valet person came to register my vehicle for my 3 night stay. It cost $25 per day for in and out privileges. You need to pay in advance, and cash only. After putting all our items on the hotel's luggage rack and going inside to register, we were told the room wasn't ready yet. It was 3pm and check in was 4pm. It appeared that the room would't be ready by 4pm either, however we took our dog out and was told we would receive a call when the room was ready. (Yes, we brought our dog that cost an additional $50 per night). By 4:15 after not receiving a call, we returned to the hotel. I was rather annoyed, however our room had just been completed. Now, someone had taken the one luggage rack, so we had to bring our items up by hand because we were exhausted and didn't want to wait any longer. The hotel manager had spent the next 3 days trying to make up for our inconvenience. It was as if he didn't sleep...he was there 24/7 -lol I appreciated his concern and kindness.
The next day we wanted to drive to the Everglades, so getting the car was a pain. It wasn't the fault of the hotel as the valet service is completely separate. All in all, it was a great stay. I was aware in advance of the fees for parking and my pet, so it was not a surprise. Because of the spaciousness of the rooms, and the location of the hotel, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014

my stay at the casa grande suite was great . when i come back to south beach this hotel is my hotel of choice. Ronnie was very nice. whatever we needed he made sure we had . He got directions for the local clubs and was very friendly. thank you for making my stay worth it

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach? Share your experiences!