“If you love South Beach Nightlife” 3 of 5 stars

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   834 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #96 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Florida
“If you love South Beach Nightlife”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Then this is the place for you. The first impression of Casa Grande is that it is in the center of South Beach nightlife. Its location on South Ocean Drive is perfect for being amidst cafes and bars. The beach is right across the street. The lobby is a compact calm oasis among the excitement of South Beach. The person at the desk (perhaps Taylor?) was accommodating and friendly. We were "upgraded" to an ocean view suite because the sleeping arrangement we had requested (two Queen beds) was no longer available and the suite had a pull out sofa in lieu of the 2nd double beds. There was a King in the bedroom. The suite, (like a small apartment) was fairly clean, but the furniture was very shabby, with duct tape on the dining room table and the sofas covered up with white sheets. The arms of the sofa were very worn out. Apparently, the units have different owners, many from other countries, and the upkeep of the furniture is erratic between suites. When we opened the sofa bed there was a dirty crumpled sheet on it. We requested clean sheets and they were brought up immediately by the nice person at the front desk. We made the bed ourselves. The a/c was noisy, but the street was even noisier. It was almost impossible to sleep with all the people in the bars, music, cars,and women fighting at 3am. We were able to see the ocean, but were not very high up. I would imagine that the higher floors might be quieter and have even better views. I was also a little taken aback by the $25+ tax resort fee. This was for beach towels (which we did not need or use) and Chips Ahoy type chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the lobby in the morning. We got a great rate through a third party site, so I didn't grumble about that fee. There is valet parking for $25 out front. So, if you want to be smack-dab in the middle of the action and you don't mind the noise, you might get a better suite then ours and be very happy. If you would like quiet and decent furniture, you may be better off elsewhere or making a room request with the hotel prior to arrival.

Room Tip: For people watching choose a room facing Ocean Drive. However, if you want quiet, avoid the front. I...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Newark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My sister and I came to Miami beach for the first time ever ! We've decided to stay en la Casa Grande Suit Hotel and it's been the best decision on hotel !!! We got one room with two full size bed mini kitchen in which we LOVE it has EVEYTHING you need and ITS IS SO CLEAN ! We have two closets a table which is it's own dinning room it's extremely spacious and we're right in front of the beach and right where all the action and party happens ; beds are incredibly so COMFORTABLE .. Room service is good we left came back and everything was clean nothing to worry about.. The front desk is extremely nice when we first checked in it was the manager who helped us her name is Marissa S. She was very nice and helpful stood there talking with us and helped us figure Out prices to swim with the dolphins another person who was really nice at the front desk was Damian H. He's too funny, genourois and helpful as well with everything we asked him for ; towels , can openers etc , tour adventures , you name it THEY HELP ! I would DEFINITELY stay here again . LOVE IT , LOVE IT , LOVE IT !! Did not want to leave today morning amazing experience in Miami and hotel as well . 5 star hotel and more

Stayed from July21st -July25th - 2014

Stayed July 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Casa Grande Suite Hotel exceeded my expectations upon arrival. Ronnie was the front desk attendant that I made my reservation with and he made a lasting impression on me and my stay a pleasurable experience. Ronnie's FIVE STAR customer service is truly to be commended. All of the other staff that I encountered, including Marissa and Damien, were very professional, courteous, friendly and not to mention helpful. Again, very impressive customer service! My room was amazing. It was spotless and very comfortable in temperature. The beds were also very comfortable too. The full kitchen had everything I needed to cook my meals while I was there. There are groceries stores within close proximity to the hotel, so I bought groceries and cooked during the majority of my stay, which I would recommend that you do if you're not too fond of spending money on "overpriced" meals at the restaurants down on the strip. My room didn't have much of a view, but hey I didn't go to South Beach to sit in the room and look out the window anyway. :) The fresh fruit in the lobby was readily available throughout the day, which is great for a lite breakfast or just a quick snack, please take advantage of this because you ARE paying for it!!! As for all of the hidden "resort fees", incidentals and policies that you may read about on reviews and third party reservation sites...I would strongly encourage you to call the hotel prior to making your reservation and speak with a manager to ask any questions and voice any concerns that you may have pertaining to your stay. I took those precautionary measures just so I wouldn't have any "surprises" and my trip turned out GREAT!!! I will most certainly be returning to Casa Grande Suite Hotel in May 2015.

• Stayed May 2014
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is located in the middle of South Beach. The rooms are spacious. They are like tiny apartments. They are dated, with average amenities. But the rooms are clean and the front desk is helpful. Good access to beach. No exercise facility on site, but they offer privileges at a nearby fitness club.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your review on the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. We hope you enjoyed your stay and took full advantage of the great beach across the street and went for a nice run or perhaps used the exercise equipment in the park across the way.

Hope to see you again,
Steven Annicharico
Assistant Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed for four nights. At first I was upset that there was no pool, but the staff and location made it all worth it. Damian - the best service agent ever. He worked closely with us to provide us first class attention. I thought he was the manager because of his professionalism. Across from the beach - awesome location! The strip was also highly entertaining.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about room locations.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Past Guest,

We appreciate your review and are very glad you enjoyed your time at the
Casa Grande Suite Hotel. Look forward to seeing you again and having you "come home" to your good friends down in Miami :)

Best,
Steven Annicharico
Assistant Manager
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I used the Amenities search on Tripadvisor and put in "Pets Allowed"...this hotel came back as a match. If you go to their website, they say "No Pets." Disappointing. It's not easy traveling with 4 kids and a 70-lb dog...so I rely on the information on Tripadvisor to be accurate. The hotel is "ambiguous" about their pet policy...but in the fine print...it says "No Pets"

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed the weekend before Memorial Day (Wed and Thursday). So much fun. My best friend flew in from Va and I flew in from Tx. Love South Beach. Very good location. After the reviews, I was worried. No need to worry. These are like efficiencies. Very clean. Nice front desk and nice housekeeping. BEST water pressure in a hotel. One night it was a little noisy but not outrageous. Very good location. You have to go to Fat Tuesday's for 190 Octane ONLY $10. Buy the cup and you get discount refills :) They have very good food too. Starbucks is on 12th and Washington Ave. Not far. Burger King is on the way too, but we mainly stayed at Fat Tuesday bc they had the best prices. Beach is beautiful. 2 chairs and an umbrella was $50. Bring your drinks and food. We went and ended up leaving early to eat. FYI 12 and Ocean is Gay Beach. We ended up there after Starbuck bc we walked towards the beach. We didn't care...but some people will.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach? Share your experiences!