“Unflexible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Unflexible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

After encountering unexpected circumstances that caused us to have to cancel our reservation at the hotel (5 days in advance of our stay), we were informed that hotel policy would not permit us to cancel without forfeiting 100% of the cost of our stay (2 days at the hotel). Notwithstanding their policy, 5 days would permit the hotel to re-book the room. We were willing to pay a penalty, but 100% of the cost in my opinion is somewhat drastic. Now, we will have to stay at the hotel, notwithstanding it will cause undue problems, because we can not afford not to (that should be fun!). Thanks Hotel Grande for your understanding (NOT!). We will not be looking forward to staying at your hotel and we will not be booking a room associated with your hotel any time in the future. We also will not be giving you hotel any recommendations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I just returned from a trip to Florida with my brother. We both loved this hotel. Our room was spacious, clean & comfortable. In addition, there was a dining area, nicely appointed kitchen, sitting area & bathroom. I especially liked the wooden floor. Ronnie & Steven at the front desk were warm, friendly, helpful, & extremely nice. The fresh cookies , fruit, coffee & beach towels were a plus. Great location--so close to the beach, restaurants, & bike path. No complaints. Great value. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Pros: location, location, location! Room is big, and with a kitchen -- stove, microwave, a big fridge, bowls, plates, etc.
Cons: Dirty and smelled. The dark maroon color carpet looked really gross. It needs a remodeling. Telephone didn't work and couldn't call front desk. Nobody bothered to take a look after I reported the issue.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Perfect location if you want to be across from the beach and in the middle of Ocean Drive. The units were spacious and the kitchen had everything we needed. We stayed here for seven days and were very pleased.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great location, large room overlooking ocean Dr/beach! Phone and hairdryer in room did not work though. Man at front desk was a bit snarly but got our room ready before 4pm. Shortest walk to beach and perfect walking distance to everything you need.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Casa Grande after checking this site. I loved that I could cross the street and see the ocean! This hotel is in the heart of the beach within walking distance of everything you could possibly need. There is nightlife, amazing restaurants, beautiful people, EVERYTHING! The staff was professional and caring. There was a mix up with my reservation through a 3rd party site and I was initially upset because I was tired and had a long flight. The front desk staff immediately fixed this issue and got me into a GORGEOUS room with an ocean view. The velet parking was cheaper than a lot of places I went to and they quickly and efficiently got me my car at a moments notice. I highly recommend the Casa Grande hotel to anybody who wants to have a luxurious hotel experience without paying a luxurious price. My new home away from home!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cranston, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel is located in a pretty great spot which is directly on Ocean Drive, where all the action is happening for tourists, however, the rooms are really run down now and in serious need of renovations. The rooms are spacious for sure but the outdated and broken down bathrooms make the rooms "feel" dirty. Many tiles were broken, there's mold in most of the rooms, the toilets have a very slow flush and the shower doors are a liability with an accident just waiting to happen. The carpets are old, ripped and stained badly and the beds are stiff and not comfortable at all. I've stayed here numerous times over the past several years and have had many different types of rooms and they're really almost all the same. Each year I've thought that next time I'm here this will probably all be redone and shockingly nothing at all has been done.

Room Tip: I'd strongly suggest you inquire before staying if the rooms have been renovated yet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. In all honesty you are absolutely correct with the description of the carpet. As I mentioned to you prior to switching you to another suite we are in the midst of renovating the room you were switched out of. I apologize you had a bad experience with us this time, but have never heard you mention to us any of the above things you wrote regarding your previous stays. I hope the room you were switched to better suited your needs. We in fact did have the black stuff checked in the bathroom and it was old cork, we removed it and it is all freshly grouted and re-corked. We appreciate you always coming back to the Casa Grande and consider you part of the family. Please contact me direclty prior to your next visit at marissa@casagrandesuitehotel.com
Happy Holidays and stay warm!
Marissa Suarez

Been to Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach? Share your experiences!