“Great location Great service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   834 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #95 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great location Great service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Casa Grande after checking this site. I loved that I could cross the street and see the ocean! This hotel is in the heart of the beach within walking distance of everything you could possibly need. There is nightlife, amazing restaurants, beautiful people, EVERYTHING! The staff was professional and caring. There was a mix up with my reservation through a 3rd party site and I was initially upset because I was tired and had a long flight. The front desk staff immediately fixed this issue and got me into a GORGEOUS room with an ocean view. The velet parking was cheaper than a lot of places I went to and they quickly and efficiently got me my car at a moments notice. I highly recommend the Casa Grande hotel to anybody who wants to have a luxurious hotel experience without paying a luxurious price. My new home away from home!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cranston, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel is located in a pretty great spot which is directly on Ocean Drive, where all the action is happening for tourists, however, the rooms are really run down now and in serious need of renovations. The rooms are spacious for sure but the outdated and broken down bathrooms make the rooms "feel" dirty. Many tiles were broken, there's mold in most of the rooms, the toilets have a very slow flush and the shower doors are a liability with an accident just waiting to happen. The carpets are old, ripped and stained badly and the beds are stiff and not comfortable at all. I've stayed here numerous times over the past several years and have had many different types of rooms and they're really almost all the same. Each year I've thought that next time I'm here this will probably all be redone and shockingly nothing at all has been done.

Room Tip: I'd strongly suggest you inquire before staying if the rooms have been renovated yet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. In all honesty you are absolutely correct with the description of the carpet. As I mentioned to you prior to switching you to another suite we are in the midst of renovating the room you were switched out of. I apologize you had a bad experience with us this time, but have never heard you mention to us any of the above things you wrote regarding your previous stays. I hope the room you were switched to better suited your needs. We in fact did have the black stuff checked in the bathroom and it was old cork, we removed it and it is all freshly grouted and re-corked. We appreciate you always coming back to the Casa Grande and consider you part of the family. Please contact me direclty prior to your next visit at marissa@casagrandesuitehotel.com
Happy Holidays and stay warm!
Marissa Suarez
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is not easy to find, a tiny entrance in the middle of restaurants and a shop is easily missed.

Pros:

+ Big comfortable living space - LR, DR, Kitchen, bath
+ Microwave, fridge, stove, a few utensils
+ Right in the middle of South Beach
+ Clean if not new

Cons:
- Kitchen barely equipped (one knife, one pot, etc.)
- No facial tissues
- Bathroom doesn't have enough towels
- $25 "resort fee" is bogus this hotel is no resort, doesn't even have a pool, breakfast is a cookie
- $25 "valet fee" which you must use as there is no parking

Nobody bothers you, and the considerate manager who will no doubt respond to this review is nowhere to be seen while you're there.

Bottom line is that you will end up paying about $175/night, but for the area this is still reasonable if you are willing to overlook the skimping on the towels etc.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Good evening Guest,

We thank you for the review you posted regarding the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. I apologize that you did not have all the cooking equipment in your suite and do wish you would have let us know during your stay. We would have been sure to supply you with the missing items so your stay could have been more enjoyable.
Please feel free to contact myself or Marissa Suarez the General Manager upon your next stay at casasouthbeach@gmail.com and we will be sure to have everything you need to cook a fabulous dinner!
Happy Holidays!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I would stay here again as the location was great if you like being where the action is. I also enjoyed being across the street from the beach. The rooms are all suites which was a plus. However upon arrival we were told that it was an extra $ 25.00 a day for use of the beach towels and for coffee and fruit in the morning (the fruit bowl consisted of 1 orange 1 pear and a few apples) certainly not worth the extra money. The people who work there were very friendly and helpful,

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review on the Casa Grande Hotel. We are pleased to hear you had a nice stay and hope you consider us your new home away from home. Please contact me directly next time so I can guarantee your oceanfront suite and we will have some fresh fruits waiting for you and an orange juice maker in the apartment upon arrival.

Happy Holidays and all the best!
Ft. Pierce, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We rented a King Suite and it was huge. There was no view and the walls were totally bare but the price was right, the place was clean and the staff was very nice.The suite was really a fully equipped apartment with a full kitchen, dining area, living room, dressing area and lots of storage. I didn't need all of that but I will remember it for a longer trip in the future.

Centrally located on Ocean Drive. Valet parking at the curb and several really good restaurants within a block.

It doesn't have alot of frills but they had coffee in the morning, fresh cookies and an elevator. Not all SoBe hotels do. Good bang for the buck.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. Please contact me directly prior to your next stay so I can offer you a repeat guest discount.

Happy Holidays!
All the best,
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We got an excellent rate on this hotel, $80 plus a $25 resort fee, so it was really $105. In fact, it was so inexpensive that I got nervous about what we were getting into.

I learned that some of the rooms are true hotel rooms but others are private apartments/condos and rented to the public by the hotel management. This isn't the Waldorf Astoria, but Room 302 was very clean with a nice, newer kitchen, TVs in the living room and bedroom, an older but comfortable living room, a dining area and an ocean view. The only downside to the ocean view is that if you want to get to sleep before 11:30, the music from the restaurants below might keep you awake. At 11:30, at least during the work week (we spent a Sunday and Monday night), the music stopped so that worked out fine for us. I do have one suggestion - please provide kleenex in the rooms! I would definitely stay there again, if only to enjoy Myrveline's excellent customer serviceand sense of humor. Thank you, Ms. M, for an excellent stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review and we are glad you had a good time at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. Please contact us directly at the hotel for your next stay so we can give you a special price and an upgraded suite.

Best,
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

It was a good place (despite the painting in process in the halls). The rooms are quite large (like an apartment you would find in any major city) with a big kitchen/dining area. They are dated, but very reasonable given the price (and very similar to many of the other hotels in the area).

The location is right in the middle of the South Beach walk and right across from the beach. Literally i would pay $200 for a place with this local, but it only cost $80 per room for the night. The only ridiculous thing is the $25 resort fee.... just tack that on to the hotel price.

Room Tip: Right in the middle of South Beach; Closest to the beach you can be for under $100 a night
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. As you mentioned we are right across from the beach and in the heart of South Beach. I hope you had the opportunity to go to the beach and enjoy all the things South Beach has to offer.
Please feel free to contact us directly for your next vacation to South Beach and please consider the Casa Grande your new home away from home.
Best, Steven Annicharico, Assistant Manager

Been to Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach? Share your experiences!