“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #101 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a very good hotel, great location. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay at a great location this is it. This was like a home away from home. The suite was very nice perfect for me and my 18 month daughter. I've been to south beach several times before and it's usually very busy, very much a party atmosphere so I was skeptical of the location being directly on the strip but I must say our stay was very peaceful. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you do consider the Casa Grande your home away from home. That is exactly how we feel about all of our guests, you are our family and good friends always coming home to see us. I am sorry I did not have the chance to meet you during your stay but during your next visit please contact me and let me know if you should need a crib for the baby or perhaps anything special in your fridge prior to arrival.

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Called to make arrangements to be sent to the room. The manager of the hotel restaurant went out of his way to accommodate me. Paulino did a great job and highly recommend him!!! And the lady at the front desk extremely helpful!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad you had the opportunity to try the Deco Grill restaurant. They do offer some fantastic items on the menu not to mention some great frozen drinks! I will let Paulino know everything worked out perfectly and please let me know if you should need anything special prior to arrival during your next stay at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. We hope you consider us your new home away from home.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I cancelled 9 days out and was still charged. When I tried to contact the manager, I was told to call back in a few hours. She was not at work. When I called back, I was told to call in the morning because she was sick. The poor fellow running the front desk seems to be struggling. Worst customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I apologize you were unable to contact a Manager. Please contact me directly so we can discuss this further. Thank you.
Oak Park, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I never got a chance to stay at this Hotel but I was reading the reviews trying to find a nice place for a pre cruise stay for my family that's booking a family cruise. This place appears to be really nice place. Unfortunately the central reservation agents is probably causing the problems. So disregard the boxes I had to check to comment.I was trying to book for Dec 2013.

Thanks to trip advisory I was reading comments from past guest while I was checking for reservation rates. The reservation agent said, "They appear to be booked let me see if I can squeeze you in." I told him never mind I'm reading reviews on the hotel and you all over booked peopled and they were not a able to stay there and I need 5 rooms don't squeeze me any where.. I see why they over booked, the agents at central reservation must get commissions on booking.

TCochran

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bartow, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

When my cousin and I plan to go to Miami we always try to stay close to where everything is, so we don't have to fight for parking. (can't parallel park)

This place is right across the street from the beach. We got a junior suite, which was pretty nice. It had a full apartment size kitchen. There was a pull out of couch and a queen bed.

There were 3 of us and not enough towels.

Beware, there are a lot of hidden fee, which I knew in advance but there were a few more I didn’t factor in. I tried to factor in the resort fee and I did indicate that there were 3 of us when I book online, but it only gave me the price of two until I check in. Then there were extra fee.

The other downside it the bathroom isn’t all that, it could use an upgrade. Your room doesn’t face the beach you might end up with a wall. It’s is nice and quiet at night. You can’t hear a thing when you are in your room.

Upside, it is right across the beach and close to the club we want to go at night. It’s is a bit of a walk to Lincoln Road, but it a nice exercise.

The evening staff (I think his name is Ronald) was super nice and helpful. I think he lives there. In in 2014 I think we will definitely re-book here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
JazzyV1822
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Wish I knew this was a full size one bedroom apartment. My friends wanted to come along for part of my trip to miami but all rooms were sold out. If I new it was a full one apartment with hugh living room and full size dinning room, i could have brought them and their boyfriends lol

Please with hotel. Staff were friendly. Offers beach towels and great smiles. They charge a resort fee which was a waste since the bfast is only stale cookies, water with apples in it and coffee. Cable TV is available and location is PERFECT!!!! No view in rooms tho

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL EVER!!!! We booked through bookit.com....stupid mistake....we should have read others reviews on the torubles of booking through bookit.com, however, we gave it a try. We booked 5 months ago and a week before the trip bookit told us that they overbooked....we called bookit and they blamed the hotel. We called the hotel they blamed bookit. They basically ended up giving us a room at a cheaper hotel....and would even give us a refund!!!!!! So basically we paid for a room 5 months in advance only to be turned away and sent to a cheap nasty hotel. WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS? If a hotel overbooks you should send them to a better hotel, not to a crapper one after we HAVE ALREADY PAID!!!!!! DO NOT USE BOOK IT AND DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.....horirble customer service from both!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach? Share your experiences!