“overbooking” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Oak Park, Michigan
“overbooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I never got a chance to stay at this Hotel but I was reading the reviews trying to find a nice place for a pre cruise stay for my family that's booking a family cruise. This place appears to be really nice place. Unfortunately the central reservation agents is probably causing the problems. So disregard the boxes I had to check to comment.I was trying to book for Dec 2013.

Thanks to trip advisory I was reading comments from past guest while I was checking for reservation rates. The reservation agent said, "They appear to be booked let me see if I can squeeze you in." I told him never mind I'm reading reviews on the hotel and you all over booked peopled and they were not a able to stay there and I need 5 rooms don't squeeze me any where.. I see why they over booked, the agents at central reservation must get commissions on booking.

TCochran

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bartow, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

When my cousin and I plan to go to Miami we always try to stay close to where everything is, so we don't have to fight for parking. (can't parallel park)

This place is right across the street from the beach. We got a junior suite, which was pretty nice. It had a full apartment size kitchen. There was a pull out of couch and a queen bed.

There were 3 of us and not enough towels.

Beware, there are a lot of hidden fee, which I knew in advance but there were a few more I didn’t factor in. I tried to factor in the resort fee and I did indicate that there were 3 of us when I book online, but it only gave me the price of two until I check in. Then there were extra fee.

The other downside it the bathroom isn’t all that, it could use an upgrade. Your room doesn’t face the beach you might end up with a wall. It’s is nice and quiet at night. You can’t hear a thing when you are in your room.

Upside, it is right across the beach and close to the club we want to go at night. It’s is a bit of a walk to Lincoln Road, but it a nice exercise.

The evening staff (I think his name is Ronald) was super nice and helpful. I think he lives there. In in 2014 I think we will definitely re-book here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
JazzyV1822
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Wish I knew this was a full size one bedroom apartment. My friends wanted to come along for part of my trip to miami but all rooms were sold out. If I new it was a full one apartment with hugh living room and full size dinning room, i could have brought them and their boyfriends lol

Please with hotel. Staff were friendly. Offers beach towels and great smiles. They charge a resort fee which was a waste since the bfast is only stale cookies, water with apples in it and coffee. Cable TV is available and location is PERFECT!!!! No view in rooms tho

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL EVER!!!! We booked through bookit.com....stupid mistake....we should have read others reviews on the torubles of booking through bookit.com, however, we gave it a try. We booked 5 months ago and a week before the trip bookit told us that they overbooked....we called bookit and they blamed the hotel. We called the hotel they blamed bookit. They basically ended up giving us a room at a cheaper hotel....and would even give us a refund!!!!!! So basically we paid for a room 5 months in advance only to be turned away and sent to a cheap nasty hotel. WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS? If a hotel overbooks you should send them to a better hotel, not to a crapper one after we HAVE ALREADY PAID!!!!!! DO NOT USE BOOK IT AND DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.....horirble customer service from both!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel was very clean, loved the flat screens and the layout of the rooms. Especially liked the balcony. The service from the staff was excellent, loved everything about the hotel. most defiantly will be coming back again and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay on ocean drive in miami!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Smithtown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had read in a previous review that someone was turned away because the hotel over booked, so I called 2 times to make sure my reservation was made. The last time was the night before arrival. All good...so I thought. We arrived very late at night to find out that BOOKIT.com emailed me at 10am to tell me the hotel was overbooked and to call them and they had another option. Another option? I picked this hotel. Who is at fault bookit or hotel? I am not sure. Turns out someone else hadn't checked in and the hotel let us have their last room and someone else was turned away. This nightmare doesn't end. The room smelled like smoke...everything...the sheets, towels...everything. I could not sleep all night. I couldn't wait to leave in the morning. All i could think of was my luggage with all my clothes was going to smell like smoke. How do you allow someone to smoke and not get the smell out? DON'T book with BOOKIT.com!

Room Tip: Don't book with bookit.com
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm writing this review to let EVERYBODY know that my Son (17) and I want to south Beach on Mar 31st and left on April 4th. While I was looking for hotels I came across Casa Grande, there were several bad reviews so I was very leary about staying there. Well let me tell you! Our stay was great. Our room was very nice, with an Ocean view and the service we received was awesome! We arrived very late like 11:00pm and Ronnie was on the front desk. He spoke to me like he had known me for years! He made me feel very welcomed. During our stay all of the Staff treated us very friendly. Answered any questions we had and was very helpful with direction around Ocean Drive. I have recommended Casa Grande to my friend who will be going there in Sept. Great Job Staff! Keep up the ggod work!

Carla From Indianapolis IN!

Room Tip: We had a Ocean view which our room was on Ocean Drive and the noise was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach? Share your experiences!