“Good Food, Good Ambiance, Great Service, Lousy Accoustics” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
New Jersey
“Good Food, Good Ambiance, Great Service, Lousy Accoustics”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Living in the neighborhood I was walking along Collins yesterday and could smell some good Bar-Be-Que. I was surprised that the aroma was coming from the newly minted Hilton Cabana (been watching the construction progression for the past two years). So you can imagine my anticipation when I returned with a neighbor this evening to give it a try. We went inside to find a nicely redone 50's style hotel lobby that led to the new restaurant towards the back of the property. L'Echon is their new restaurant with an accent towards pork. So we both ordered their signature dish - a 3x3 square of pulled pork covered with pig skin. I must admit it was tasty and well presented. The service was excellent and the food was good, my only complaint is that even though the restaurant was only 25% occupied I just couldn't carry on a conversation with the person directly across a two seat table. The acoustics are HORRIBLE! I felt like I was in a cafeteria. Tile floor, glass, brick and tile walls, stainless steel counters, and a concrete ceiling. Somebody should have checked that the designer had just a little common sense. Otherwise everything else was fine, but this is a show stopper for me. When the Maître d' checked with us after the meal, I was honest and told him everything I said here, and he said "Noted, I'm getting that a lot". (No - I'm not an old grouchy guy)

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Finally a place to go in Mid Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We tried L'Echon for lunch today and were wonderfully delighted with their food and ambiance. Lindsey, the daytime manager was so gracious and friendly welcoming us. Bloody Marys were wonderful, Lobster Rolls and Moules were awesome. Definitely a must do. We'll be back.

Ormond Beach
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Located in the remodeled Hilton Cabana, the restaurant is fabulous. Our server, Abid was knowledgeable, courteous and efficient. We will return.

Visited June 2014
“Great food, service & frozen mojitos!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was staying at the Hilton Cabana for 4 days and had breakfast here every day...they have the best coffee and freshly cut fruit. My 2 yo Loved the freshly squeezed OJ. Sylvana is such a friendly waitress-ask for her. Also made it in for lunch at the outdoor patio and they had great burgers and fries-very gourmet. For dinner we splurged and had their5 32oz ribeye and it was delicious!! I know this place is known for pork but I dont like pork so this review is for the beef eaters :-) the steak was split between my hubby myself and my 2yo. A bit on the pricey side at $110!! And this place also automatically adds a 18%gratuity. I didnt realize the first visit and double tipped so letting you guys know...the service is worth it however so I didn't mind.

beatricepugzilla
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Breakfast was exceptional - Steak Frites at dinner was not traditional but still delish thanks to the bone marrow

Visited June 2014