“Hidden Gem in Miami Beach” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Croydon to your Saves list
Hotel Croydon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3720 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #18 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Hidden Gem in Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Having been raised in Miami and a career in hospitality, I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this hidden gem!
I was "stay-cationing" with friends during Miami's, "Swim Week" and booked this adorable boutique property online.
Upon my arrival I was taken aback by this quaint hotel, and in walking distance from Soho House.
The staff was lovely and accommodating when we requested a late check out.
We were thrilled with the complimentary happy hour every evening as well as the complimentary breakfast every morning.
We were able to walk to Broken Shaker for cocktails and Indomania for dinner and practically roll over to the beach.
Loved, LOVED, LOVED!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Good Evening Stephanie L, and thank you for your wonderful review! Swim Week is such a fun time here in South Beach! So many fashion shows to attend to, and so many beautiful people to see. We are always willing to provide our guests with a late check out, if we are able too. We would love to welcome you back, for another lovely stay!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

The best hotel ever!!! Miami Beach isnt my favorite city in America but this hotel change my mind!! I loved everything from the hotel! I could definetly recommend it! Good location, very clean and it has everything you might need it! And loved the staffs too, especially Alex!

• Stayed July 2014
Natalia_maeda, this is one of my favorite reviews ever! Thank you so much for the five stars and the fantastic shout outs to Alex! You are absolutely right – he knows everything there is to know about South Beach and will show you a Kanye-good time. Please let us know when you will be back and we will be sure to roll out our red carpet once again. See you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Me and my family came to Miami to just to relax and explore this city and we decided to stay with Hotel Croydon. This place is new and very clean. All of the employees are very friendly and are willing to help everyone out. We stayed here for three nights and our stay was excellent. The Front Office Supervisor Daniel Llevara is a great hard working guy and such a friendly person. I noticed the Valet would be busy most of the time and he parked our car when we checked in and went to go get our car when we checked out and I know running in that suit a few blocks away to get the vehicle in 100° isn't very comfortable but he cares about his guest's and his employees thanks a lot. Anyways I would recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We are delighted to know that your time spent here was such an amazing one! We really appreciate your taking the time to write and highlight our attentive team as a high point of your stay – especially our wonderful Daniel. We are so fortunate to have team members like him who genuinely care about each and every guest. SO glad you felt the love! Thank you so much and we can’t wait to see you for your next getaway!

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Yummy newly renovated hotel. In a good location on South Beach away from the most congested areas but near enough. Rooms are expertly appointed and Hotel Croydon has a young vibe. Loved the intimacy of this boutique hotel with not too many rooms. The staff is available to wait on you. What a difference from the normal 2,000+ room hotels with staff running around unable to really serve anyone. Can't wait to go back once the on-site restaurant is operational.

They still need to work the kinks out of the valet service. It was slow but that was not due to the attendants. They were diligently working and running. I attribute the wait to the garage location where the Hotel must have negotiated space. They need to find a closer location.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to have a corner double queen room which is larger than most of the other rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit to Hotel Croydon, and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from our staff. They are indeed a rock stars and they are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. Constructive feedback such as yours, allows us to turn our cons into pros. We look forward to your next visit.

Nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

In town for work. Stress ball all day but every night I have been taking the yoga classes at 7 pm and its amazing. They just opened the restaurant for breakfast which is very delicious. My room is nice and very comfortable but I wish I knew to ask about the handicap showers I would have opted out

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
What a killer review Foodiewithabooty! Work days can definitely be stressful, and that's where our yoga classes come in to save the day! The food at our restaurant is very delicious and nutritious. We are glad that you were able to experience that, as it opened not too long ago. We hope to see you again soon!

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel location is perfect, the building retro style is beautiful and interior is gorgeous.
I went to Miami for a one night stay and this was unforgettable. Excellent interior decoration and great amenities. I simply recommend without restrictions.
I only have one thing to recommend for Brazilian travelers: Apparently airline flights from Brazil to Miami concentrate the arrivals in the morning, and the hotel Check-in is strict, only starts at 03:30 pm. So, if you are planning to stay at this hotel, be prepared to arrive at the hotel and leave your bags at the front desk, and go for a "walk" until its time to check-in.
Other than that, the hotel is great and I will definitely keep this one on my short list for the next trip.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor, and it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your lovely review, MarcosLyra!! Hotel Croydon is located a bit north of all the SoBe action. It's just a short cab ride to be apart of it, when you want to. I see that you were content with the decor and the style of our hotel. Check in is indeed a 3PM. If we have clean/ready rooms available we have no problem in checking you in early. If not, we will gladly store your luggage until your room is available. We look forward in having you stay with us again!

Owosso, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I don't know where to start. First of all there is a shuttle service from the airport that was on time both ways. They were clean and had friendly helpful drivers. From the time you approach the steps bellmen are right there to help with bags and doors. Diego and Delores were very helpful and pleasant along with other front desk employees. The rooms are very clean and modern. If you need anything they will do their best at helping. There is a beautiful bar that has happy hour with free drinks for an hour. We enjoyed setting and conversing with an always smiling bartender Yamill. The hotel manager Daniel went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the best!!!! The beach is right across the street and the hotel has loungers and provides plush beach towels. There was also a Carrabas right on the boardwalk it was great. The sunsets were amazing. South Beach is only a short cab ride away. You don't wait for those either. I don't think I'm stressing enough on the fact the staff was very very accommodating. They were like family by the end of our stay. We will definitely be back here soon. Cant wait!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hat’s off to you too, Steven K! Thank you for such an outstanding review. Our team takes great pride in not only personalizing every stay, but offering assistance whatever the situation. I truly appreciate you naming Diego, Dolores, and Daniel. It is great to know that the genuine care that you felt from our team resonated and we are incredibly fortunate to have team members like these working with us! Again, I can’t thank you enough for such a glowing review. I can’t wait to welcome you back personally to Hotel Croydon!

Katrine

Been to Hotel Croydon? Share your experiences!