“GREAT STAY AT THE CROYDON” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Croydon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3720 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #19 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Houston, Texas
“GREAT STAY AT THE CROYDON”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were at the Croydon for a full week and that was actually a fantastic time for the whole family. Recently remodeled with a very nice and modern design,also with great location for the beach and other amenities, I recommend this place for everybody that wants to be in South Beach out of the "craziness" of South Beach.We enjoyed a lot the sun roof,with great views all around beach/channels/downtown...The staff was super friendly and helpful: from Daniel, who helped us with booking originally,Frank (recently promoted to help desk),to the very professional bellmen Joel and Jesus... Only suggestion here to improve: the Valet Parking. Sometimes get jammed this service and one opportunity we had a non acceptable 1 hour wait for hour car. We'll definitively planning to come back next year.

Room Tip: Room 606,one of the few with partial view of the beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Good Afternoon Carlos C, and thank you so much for the lovely review! Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Hotel Croydon! We are glad to read that you enjoyed everything that we have to offer! We are definitely far away from the craziness, yet close enough when you want to be apart of it. We appreciate the comment you making regarding the valet parking. I will make sure to share this with the manager of the company that we use! We hope to host your following visit to Miami!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Croydon for a girls weekend getaway. This newly renovated hotel was very stylish, comfortable, and a convenient location. The Staff was super helpful, especially Lazaro. We plan on going to South beach again soon and will stay there again. The hotel is walking distance from the beach, and a short cab or bike ride to the more popular areas of the beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Great review Toneae J! There is nothing that we love more then 5 star feedback! We are a newly renovated and opened hotel, in mid Miami Beach. We work hard to provide you with the memorable time that you deserve! Please come back for another great time!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was clearly a new property so my review reflects its slightly unfinished state. Really stylish, cool building, with an amazing rooftop area we grew addicted to. Every member of the staff, from the cleaners to the desk staff, were so friendly and helpful. But there were some issues like the choice to go for style over substance so there was no storage space at all in the bathroom, not even a counter top, only 2 lifts so you waited endlessly, and no bar on the roof. Did any of that detract from our week there? Not at all. We literally had to peel ourselves away from the roof deck or we wouldn't have seen any of Miami. A truly great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there UniPr0f,

Thank you for the time you took to share your lovely feedback with us! We are delighted to read that you had such a killer time here at Hotel Croydon! :) It seems like you enjoyed everything that we have to offer! From the style of our hotel, to our rooftop and the service our staff provide. We would love to have you stay with us again soon!

Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Myself and wife Shelley had a fantastic few days in Miami Beach. The employees at the Hotel were
really great.. Special thanks to Thania who was extremely helpful.
Enjoyed the happy hour.The hotel is only a block away to the beach. That boardwalk was an enjoyable piece of walking!.
Would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay at the Croydon again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit to Hotel Croydon, and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from Thania. Thania is indeed a rock star and but one of many who are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Fantastic boutique hotel with stylish, very comfortable rooms.. walk across the street and over the bridge to beautiful relaxing beach. Check in was fast and easy as was check out. Front desk Lazaro Castillo was super helpful and knowledgeable and so pleasant and friendly .. Loved t will stay again next time I travel to Miami .. close enough to walk to South Beach and Ocean Drive ..Free shuttle service from the airport

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
What a killer review ARose1019!! We are so delighted to read that you had such a great time here with us at Hotel Croydon! The beach is just a convenient block walk away, and South Beach is a short cab ride down. Lazaro is amazing and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will make sure that he is aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Well first let me start by saying that I'm one of those travelers who reads reviews for sure and take them highly into consideration when dictating my decision to stay at one hotel over another. So that being said, I came across the Hotel Croydon on multiple travel sites and all the reviews were pretty good across the board. Being that I was visiting Miami, which I have plenty of times, this however was the first time for me to bring my best friend being her first time. SO I planned very carefully to find a great hotel that was at least 4 stars, accommodating, very clean, more resort like, great rate/location and I found it at this hotel!
My best friend is a little more conservative than me, and the resort-like feel of the Croydon was perfect for her, and a nice change of pace for me. From the roof top terrace/view, to the beautiful room/bathroom, the little details of flowers in the bathroom, turn down service for when you return from your ventures on Miami Beach this hotel was refreshing! Upon arrival, the third party reservation site, Expedia, messed up royal on my reservation, so when I arrived to the hotel I explained the situation to the GM Roberto and he was more than accommodating w/ my reservation. The front desk staff w/ Daniel, the hotel manager, who was so very helpful as well w/ my reservation/check-in/room, and desk staff Lazaro was hilarious and so hospitable. They really made us feel like we were home away from home! This hotel I feel really takes pride in the giving the guest a memorable and relaxing experience, so they pay attention to the details, little touches like flowers in your bathroom or yoga classes being offered. And while mentioning the yoga class, I highly recommend taking the class w/ Maggie, we really enjoyed the experience and I sweated out the vodka from the night before! lol The breakfast buffet was really nice as well, and I know when the restaurant is up and running it will be really lovely.
Overall, the trip was successful in that my best friend loved the hotel, Miami and her stay, and that was very important to me!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Great review Alyssa P!! Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are delighted to know that you and your best friend enjoyed your time here. We offer unbeatable prices, located a bit north of all the action, and a convenient block away from the beach. We offer great money saving amenities to all of our guests that decide to stay with us. I apologize that Expedia made a mistake on your reservation. I am stoked that we were able to resolve this issue efficiently. . I’m glad to hear that our team took excellent care of you as well. They are absolutely the best and keeps us all laughing whenever the opportunity! Again, we really appreciate the love and hope to have you back to see us soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The second we arrived the hotel was amazing. Everything is clean and brand new and the staff is wonderful. Daniel the front desk manager was wonderful. The rooms were very spacious and very comfortable. We had a great view of the ocean. The had chairs for us on the beach. What a great weekend.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to Hotel Croydon and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from Daniel. Daniel is indeed a rock star and but one of many who are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Katrine

Been to Hotel Croydon? Share your experiences!