“Great Location budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harrison Hotel

Save Saved
You added Harrison Hotel to your Saves list
Harrison Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (South Pointe)   |
Ranked #110 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Brighton
“Great Location budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed at the Harrison for 2 nights last week and were pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews. Yes the hotel is basic but its in a great location and the room was very clean with a big comfortable bed and a small bathroom. the staff on reception were all very helpful and friendly and organised valet parking for us at a reduced cost. The hotel is in a great location in South Beach close to restaurants and the beach. If you are expecting large rooms and large bathrooms with big closets this is not the place for you. we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We booked this during Miami Music week (although we were just on a layover). Therefore the prices were pretty sky high compared to normal.

However, fabulous room, super comfy bed, fridge, tv and coffee machine.

Lovely courtyard too.

Great location, about 30 minute stroll (if that) up to Ocean Drive.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Henderson, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very unhelpful, unfriendly and unprofessional. I asked to be transferred to a quieter room because the "suite" they put me in turned out to be a sour deal. I heard a lot of noises above me. For the price I paid at $149 for the night, it was expensive for the steepness night they put me through. The room wasn't too clean either. This hotel is basically a glorified hostel with a hotel price tag. I will never stay at this hotel again and I warn everyone about staying here.

• Stayed April 2014

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

So I have a couple experiences with this hotel being that my husband and I stayed there before and after our honeymoon in Curacao to cut back on airport time. We arrived before check in, and were told we could keep our bags there until the room was ready. This is normal right, but in this case it was not. We were escorted to a construction zone area that was not locked with many people's luggage. We took a chance and left our stuff there, and it did turn out fine, but it was sketchy. As for the room, our first night was great. The room was clean, safe, secure and comfortable. The hotel in general does not offer much other than vending machines for food, but there is a really nice patio, so you can grab some beers at a nearby market and hang out at night to enjoy the weather. This is also ok in my opinion because we got these rooms for super cheap on Groupon. That was our first experience.

Our second experience was far from ok. We switched rooms three times in two nights. The first reason was because our room did not have a deadbolt, but only a door handle lock. This room also had a glass paned door that lead out to the public patio with a lock that would suffice for a bathroom, but not a hotel. I went to the front desk and requested a different room since we did not feel safe. We were given the "suite" which was far from sweet. It was dingy, damp, dark and there was a hum that did not allow for us to sleep. At 5 am my husband packed us up and moved us to another room so that we could actually fall asleep. The next day, in our third room, we ordered food to be delivered, and after we finished our room was infested with ants. When going to the front desk, they explained that this happens sometimes and that they would give us another room. Finally, this room was similar to our first night there.

Overall, this hotel is not consistent. The staff are friendly, but I can't say much else about the hotel. The location is great since you are walking distance from multiple restaurants, bars, clubs and shopping. I know they are in the process of a renovation to add a restaurant, but after my experience I cannot imagine the quality and health standards of their food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel is 2 blocks from the beach and near the quieter end of Ocean Drive, so noise from the street wasn't a problem.
The outside area is pleasant, but there was a distinct smell of damp as I went into the lobby (but fortunately not in my room!)
Alas as I was staying in spring break, noise from other guests was a problem. From students talking and banging stuff in their rooms, to them shouting down the corridor to each other, ear plugs were essential. I was in room 202, and the external door also bangs every time anyone comes in and out - very frustrating!
Spring break also seemed to make for a smell of hash, both in the hotel and in the garden on a couple of occasions!
Rooms were fine in size, and the bed was lovely - large and firm. The room itself had a few marks of wear and tear, particularly around the AC unit that looked liked it had leaked and taken off a chunk of plaster at some point then hastily re-patched. Bathroom was small but look refurbished and clean (extractor fan was very loud).
Had to have someone in to sort out the TV 3 times, and had to get my key cards reset each day.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
If you want a cheap and cheerful place to stay in South Beach, this place is fine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

If u want a problem come here, terrible rooms have cockroaches that big that u never seen in your life, better pay more money and stay in nice place, don't even think to come here, terrible terrible motel

• Stayed February 2014
Armagh, Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Harrison Hotel for a week in mid-January 2014. Reviews on Trip-Advisor are very accurate – a basic, ‘no-nonsense’ hotel in a superb location just a couple of blocks from Ocean Drive.

The front desk staff (namely Ernesto and Allesandro) were very helpful and swiftly smoothed the few service ‘wrinkles’ we encountered. We found the rooms (including en-suite bathroom) to be basic, clean, well-serviced and spacious, with fridge, safe, coffee-making facilities and flat-screen television.

The free wireless internet is excellent and the hotel has internet/printer service in the lobby to facilitate those guests who wish to book local trips or check-in online for return/onward flights.
Although the hotel is bereft of bar and restaurant, it is located close to a number of fine eating establishments, particularly a marvellous place called ‘The Big Pink.’ This restaurant has an extensive, reasonably-priced menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Ocean Drive (and South Beach generally) is a superb tourist area, though the prices are not for the faint-hearted. We were there for Martin Luther-King Day which coincided with the superb ‘Art Deco’ weekend.

In conclusion, as experienced travellers, we were pleased with our stay in the Harrison Hotel. You get what you pay for and the location is unrivalled!

Room Tip: We were located on the second floor - no worries!