“Amazing Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrison Hotel

Save Saved
You added Harrison Hotel to your Saves list
Harrison Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (South Pointe)   |
Ranked #116 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Amazing Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Recently I stayed at this hotel, and while the rooms were very average the customer service of the staff was above and beyond. Everybody was very willing to do all they could to make sure our stay was the best it could be, especially Tatiana. Tatiana helped change our room when needed, stored our bags and overall just gave us the best customer service experience I have seen in a very long time! She was always happy,smiling and welcoming to all guests I saw her interact with. I would 100% stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here first in April 2012, even wrote a review on how great this hotel was.. Stayed here last week & I will never stay again.

I'm not sure what happened in one year but I feel like this place has so much potential & the upkeep is not good..

Pros- LOCATION, LOCATION!! It's in the quiet area of south beach, great restaurants. One block from the beach.. Love the location... & the workers were accommodating.. That's it for the pros...

Cons- it is so dirty! I walked in to the room & noticed black scuff marks all over the walls. Mold on the floor by the bed & a bathroom that was falling apart. There was chipped pieces of glass on the mirror & when we first walk in there was hair on the towels. The cleaning lady was outside, I showed her the towels-- she grabbed the hair & walked out, she didn't offer me new towels.
There is a strong odor that I did not notice before, very disappointed.

I am very embarrassed that I chose to stay here. I had originally chosen a other hotel & when I saw a good rate on this I convinced my friend that it was great & to change to the Harrison. NEVER AGAIN!

This place needs to step up their game..

DON'T STAY IN ROOM 229!

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Went with a friend on a groupon packaged deal. Stayed 8 nights.

Pros:
great location.quite close to the beach (literally 5 min walk), but still hidden from both - the roads and the noisy ocean drive. Not far from clubbing part of Miami beach, all good restaurants - but a bit of a bus/taxi ride (30$) from the shopping mall. Small shops are all very very close.

Great little garden made it all! Very comfortable and felt quite private! Spent almost every night some time in the garden - just talking, chilling - there is music and always helpful staff - which is the next positive

Awesome people work at this hotel: nice, friendly, helpful at all times - always with a smile, joke, and helpful little things - starting from having everything you need - two towels per person if you ask, scissors, or just a cup of Cuban coffee! Thanks guys (and Tatiana) for everything!

Cons: no fridge in the room - but we should probably have read or inquired about it. But if you need to cool your wine - there is a bucket in the room and tons of ice downstairs all the time
So we didn't have a problem after all.

Cleaners: they do just the basics, I.e. bed and towels - they never touched the glasses or some stuff around ( empty shopping bags etc)

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Prior to our cruise, my daughter & I stayed at the Harrison Hotel. I chose this place because it was within walking distance to everywhere in South Beach. When we got to the hotel, we were greeted by a pleasant, very nice looking young man very neatly dressed. He checked us in and told us that our room was on the third floor but there were no elevators. Not a problem because I don't mind using the stairs...however...we had our luggage and the stairwell was very narrow. It took us a while to navigate our luggage through those narrow stairwells but we made it!!! I wasn't real impressed with the room...it could have used a coat of paint, there were "nicks" in the wall and the light in the bathroom was not flush with the wall. Those were just a few minor things but the room was clean and the air conditioner worked well. We were able to walk around, get something to eat & there were a number of gelato places in the area. All in all, it was a great stay and I would stay there again. If you're looking for a 4 star hotels with the ammenities...this is not the place for you but if you're just simple folks with no high expectations then this will work for you. Also, the patio area is beautiful and there is even an iguana who visits frequently.

Room Tip: You might want to request a room on the 1st floor (especially if you are elderly or have luggage)!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

i was pleasantly surprised by the caliber of customer service i received during my stay at the Harrison. From the front desk to the parking staff to the ladies that serviced my room, I found everyone courteous and friendly, with a genuine interest in making my stay memorable. The room was adequate for the price range (clean, but stark with very little counter space), and I loved the bathroom with it's stand alone shower. The outdoor seating area (prior to going in to the reception desk) had comfortable seating and felt as if I was sitting in a garden. The price was good, and especially for being less that two blocks from the beach, All in all, I would definitely return, and don't forget to snap a picture of the red chandelier in the lobby, it was awesome!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

yes it is'nt a five star but we though the staff was friendly and the valet servicemen were great. we were very suprize when my friend and i came back that monday night from Key West around 1 a.m. and they told us at the front desk that the were told by the valet that we had driving down there and were still out. so we were very appreicated their concern for us since we were 2 women traveling along.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

First of all let me say I was not expecting a 5 star hotel but please take heed don't stay here! First of all when we got there they gave us keys to someone else's room ...my friends room smelled and the air didnt work in MIAMI! When we finally got to our actual room it was filthy the walls looked like they hadn't been painted in years! Dirty floors dirty bathroom and the room smelt like mildew ! All I can say Is if you're spring breakers looking for a place to shower and sleep stay here .. But if you're an adult and would like to spend some time in your room relaxing and not feel like things are crawling on you pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere nicer !

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Harrison Hotel? Share your experiences!