“Night before cruise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harrison Hotel

Save Saved
You added Harrison Hotel to your Saves list
Harrison Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (South Pointe)   |
Ranked #116 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Night before cruise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was a good hotel and good value for staying one night before a cruise. The staff was nice, easy to check in. A couple blocks to the beach but easy walk. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but plenty within walking distance. Although for dinner it was mostly a party atmosphere with loud music at most restaurants; took awhile to find something quite/relaxing. This was not as much of a problem for breakfast.

Room Tip: The room was a decent size, bathroom was fine for my husband and me~ would have been difficult with...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel and the room was not what we expected from the pictures. It was the worst room and hotel we've ever been staying at. We were glad to check out after 3 nights. It was really dirty & uncomfortable and it didn't smell good in the room. We had a room with a view on a parking place. The only positive thing is that the hotel is very close to the beach and the ocean drive. The valet parking was very expensive. We payed 90 Dollar for 3 days!!! We would never come back to this place. Absolutly no value for the money you pay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Barnsley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The location of this place is great, close enough to ocean drive but not so much that you can hear the noise from the bars, when i say standard i mean it is nice and for what you pay but is very basic. Our room 202 was very clean and had fresh towels every day, we did not need much else from the hotel as we were hardly in the room. If you are going for a short break and are looking for affordable basics then this place is great, The reception guy (never got his name) was very friendly, I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Bienvenido a Miami!!

I've stayed in this hotel for a week at the end of February and beginning of a March. Hotel is very nice and clean! In their website they show some pictures of interior... But it's only part of it! When you are inside the hotel at the reception desk you can see how many nice pairings are in there, good art.

Rooms are very modern and clean. I stayed at the second floor but at night it was still noisy with drunk people at 5 am...WELCOME to MIAMI, lol... Thats South Beach.
Other hotels which are located in Collins Ave and Ocean Drive are much nosier! So this hotel was a great compromise between good area for the beach and not far from dirty parties, lol (For the once who interested). Washington Ave is famous for its night clubs, but it's quite calm at the area where the hotel is located in.

Hotel has a free wifi in the rooms and lobby as well, rooms have safe, iron but no refrigerator and no micro oven... I'm not sure about breakfast think they don't provide any... But it's ok, when u walk out there are plenty of restaurants and different cuisines around. Hotel provides shuttle to the MIA (Airport). Also can get free towels to go to the beach.

When you enter the hotel it's very cosy... Has many trees inside and chairs outside where you can sit and talk, trees have lights that shine at night time like Christmas trees :) Surprisingly you can meet downstairs that nice man who do all the paintings for the hotel walls!!

it's very cosy boutique hotel, which is not noisy like all the others that are on Ocean Drive. It's very south of the street. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a girl Monica that I want to mention is very hardworking lady, she is friendly and Alejandro during the night time. They are great and helpful workers! Thanks a lot, greetings from Kazakhstan!

I would stay in this hotel again if I go to Miami South Beach :)

Room Tip: Second floor is very sunny and nice!!
Tel Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

First of all, the hotel has the best location. Walking distance from all main areas and surrounded by Cafes, restaurants, stores and all you need. Stuff is super nice and willing to help with all you need. My check in was at 12:00pm and room wasn't ready so they offered me to take a shower and store my luggage for a couple of hours , which I did.
My room was on the second floor and someone helped me to carry my suitcase up the stairs as there is no elevator. Room is nice, clean - and that's what is most important for me. Had all I needed for my short business stay, including free wifi. I just couldn't figure out how to operate the TV :)
To say that I would come there for a romantic gateway with my husband - I am not sure but again - for a short stay that you are hardly in the room and need only a shower and a clean bed - it is perfect.
We rented a car and the parking is very expensive - $30 a day so we parked on the street paying by the meter.
The biggest problem of this hotel is the fact that the walls are very thin and you hear everything going on in the next room... My room was rather fine but my colleagues really suffered from it... So you better ask for a quite room upon check in.

Room Tip: Quite room on the second floor, not facing the patio...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here by accident, booked at the Hotel St. Augusting next door and they put us up here for one night of our stay. The hotel had an ecclectic decor and was well located to strategically walk up Collins Avenue and then back down Ocean Drive and back to your hotel. It's located just away from the action to be peaceful and quiet, but near enough to easily walk to all the South Beach sights and attractions. We stayed in the Moroccan Room, it was large, clean and well equipped with a refrig, iron, nice shower etc.

Kew Gardens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

First off, I'm a flight attendant, so I get to spend a bit of time in hotels when I'm working.
This place is great. If I had an overnight in Miami, THIS would be the place I want to go rather than the swanky chain hotel-suite places that they put us in.
The room is clean and the staff friendly.
Even though we arrived a few hours early, they took the time to check to see if a room was ready. If it wasn't ready, I still was happy they took the effort all the same.
We ended up passing out asleep on the comfy bed when we got into the room. The a/c is set by remote control and is quick to cool the room (which can get a little stuffy, duh, IT IS Miami).
The entry area, a courtyard, is so romantic. The trees are covered with Christmas lights. There are wicker chairs and a nifty, hm, I don't know how to describe it other than a giant ottoman in the middle.
It was quiet while we were there. Many people we spoke to said that we came at the perfect time (February) because come March, it gets loud and crazy in Miami.
The breakfast (we had omelettes) were reasonably priced.
Location-wise, it couldn't have been better. We were able to skip paying on a rental car and rode the 150 bus in turn saving us $100. The beach is a short walk away along with several restaurants and a Walgreens (which has cheap warm empenadas yay)
Given what I've paid for a room in Atlantic City, I say the rate was very reasonable. Considering how much I saved by taking the bus and the airfare (aha, the benefits of being in the airline industry), I wouldn't mind coming back again at full price.
My only warning is that there isn't an elevator to the second floor.
Amenities-wise, there is everything you might need. Soap, shampoo, hairdryer, etc. I loved the closet space!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrison Hotel? Share your experiences!