“Going back soon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Met South Beach

Save Saved
You added The Met South Beach to your Saves list
The Met South Beach
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   226 Jefferson Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (South Pointe)   |
Troy, New York, United States
“Going back soon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I Stayed at The Met, and found the place to be amazingly comfortable,We got in very late and were greeted by the owner, manager was away for the weekend.Found the apartment to be pleanty spacious for the 2 of us and very clean. Had a few glitches with TV and Stereo, but manager was very generous with us upon his return. Place is very private and noise free, felt like our own. Gardens and day beds are a great touch. Would recomend to any couple looking to get away and reconnect.... Very close to anything that you could want. We are planning our return already.... Thank you to The Met

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We rented the 2-bedroom one bath unit with kitchenette. We loved the location and the ability to walk everywhere in So. Beach. The rooms were very small, especially the bathroom. WE appreciated having a washer & dryer because we were travelling for another week. There is no staff on-site & we did not know we were supposed to call the mangement from the airport so someone could let us in & give us the keys. There was a notebook with local information in the apt. & we were given a phone number to ask questions. Luckily, I had been to South Beach before so I knew what I wanted to see. We took a $34 + tip cab from the airport and later discovered the # 150 bus runs from the airport to South Second St and costs only about $2.35.
The apt.is about 4 blocks from the ocean and there are beach chairs & towels in the apt. There is no open space in the apt. development. The apartments are all on one level and connected. They run along a narrow alley with bamboo or some other tall trees making a screen. If you wanted to sit out, you had to sit on your narrow front steps. Since one cannot smoke in the apartments, we had neighbors out on the steps smoking. We wanted to leave our luggage for a couple of hours on our last day but this was complicated because there is no staff on the premises. The cleaning lady came & did not know we were given permission for a late checkout. We had a good time but the price was rather high for what we got.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We just spent a week and had fantastic time. we stayed in one of their family rooms which were plenty big, clean, quiet and air-conditioned. The staff at the reception was exceptionally friendly and welcoming and helped us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed at The Met South Beach. Automatically we fell in love with this condo. For the price it was well worth it. It was so cozy and quiet. They provided so many amenities including parking. Our girls get away was very memorable thanks to this place. It is in the perfect location. Walking distance from the beach, shopping and various restaurants. It is also within 15 minutes of the Airport and main highways. This neighborhood could have not provided more. We will truly rent this place again for our next girls get away to Miami!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

I stayed two months at The Met and have to say I loved it there! The Met is located in a quiet street but just a few minutes walk away from the beach and "the crazy" of South Beach. The staff is super nice, helpful and friendly and they made me feel at home there. Though I hadn't organized a parking space the assisted as much as they could, so that for the most of my stay I did not have to worry about it! The apartment was clean and comfy and well equipped. I'd definitely go back there!!!

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I researched our stay at South Beach Miami, I contacted the manager, and booked through Expedia.com.au our booking was confirmed several times by the Manager and I have all the paperwork from Expedia. When we arrived we were told that they did not have a booking for us, and were not expecting us until next week. After several more phone calls they blamed Expedia's booking and found accommodation for us 2 blocks away. The accommodation was inferior to what i had booked and instead of 2 self contained units we had 3, except my husband and I had to walk up the street to reach our children who were in a room on the second floor. Until I phoned The Met back and complained about the accommodation, the then dropped the price, to the correct price of these units. The point is this part of our holiday was a disaster, due to the inefficiency.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I setup a reservation and cancelled. and a month later they charged by credit card $400 and refuse to refund it. Dont let them scam u stay away!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Met South Beach? Share your experiences!