“Classy, Excellent Service, Romantic... we loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Angler's Boutique Resort)   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #4 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Classy, Excellent Service, Romantic... we loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I chose the Angler's Boutique for our first trip to Miami to celebrate our 6th anniversary & my 30th birthday, both in September. This hotel lived up to all the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor. Everyone was so welcoming when we arrived. The room was amazing... loved the comfortable bed, the surround sound speakers and TV, refrigerator and excellent A/C. We had a standard room with a balcony overlooking Washington Ave... would definitely recommend. The rooms that have a jacuzzi look very nice (jealous). The hotel surprised us twice for our anniversary with a heart flower on the bed upon arrival and for my birthday - balloons, card & dessert. The hotel lounge is very trendy and a fun place to be, especially if you are not into the club scene but looking for something more low key. We purchased a couple of bottles of wine in the lounge and they were reasonably priced for Miami (request the complimentary nuts if you are in the lounge... they are fabulous). We were going to have dinner at the hotel but the restaurant was closed on Labor Day but it looked like it would be much better than many of the local restaurants. Overall Southbeach is very expensive ($7.50 for a my fiancé's Budlight on Ocean Drive) and service is awful at almost every restaurant because tip is already included (watch out for this one). I definitely recommend Eno's Wine Bar on Lincoln Road and eating on Espanola Way for a unique experience. I would say stay far away from Ocean Drive but at the same time it was fun people watching and listening to the live music at Ocean's Ten even though we paid $75 for drinks and food that tasted like it was from McDonald's. A one time experience! The Angler's has a great pizza place called Gino's nearby and the famous but way overpriced Dash store is just a few blocks down. We had a fun time exploring Miami but above all The Angler's made our trip and made it a very memorable one. Everything is within walking distance and the beach is beautiful in person & so close. We would definitely stay there again and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Anglers660, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Hello PrettyInPink98!
Thank you for your great story about your trip. We are so happy that you had a memorable Birthday and Anniversary! We think you made the right choice too and so happy that you chose The Angler's for such special occasions. It sounds like you had a fun experience exploring in Miami Beach and your tips to other travelers are good ones. We appreciate your taking the time to write and look forward to welcoming you both back - sounds like it's time to start planning a friends getaway to The Angler's!
All the best to you -
Karen Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

My husband and I booked The Anglers Resort Hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, this proved to be one of the most lovely and inviting Hotels I've ever stayed in.
We booked a 5 night stay direct with the hotel (check out their website www.theanglersresort.com) and on our arrival were upgraded to one of the 3 level studio suites. The suite was amazing, ground floor living area with bathroom, 2nd level bedroom with a bed to get lost in and a roof terrace...and the pool, just a step out of the door. The decor was stylish, the rooms so clean and fresh towels every day. We couldn't have asked for more, and they provided us with a kettle as we kept asking for cups of hot water. Bless them!
We opted to try the Continental breakfast after a couple of days as Miami was so humid to walk around first thing in and the hotel was inviting and cool. I would highly recommend the breakfast as your start to the day, plenty of choice, various fresh fruit, cereal, toast and great coffee!
All staff were extremely pleasant and well presented, and the hotel offer a valet service which was a reasonable $24 a day. Don't forget to add the tax however.
As far as location you couldn't ask for a better position in South Beach, a stones throw from Ocean Drive and just around the corner from Sephora heaven for you ladies.
There are many magnificent hotels in Miami, The Anglers I would describe to be somewhat smaller and more compact than the world class, Delano Hotel, however it still oozes simple chic and is perfect in every way for a wonderful stay in Miami. We will be back!
Thankyou Anglers C&Jx

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Anglers660, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Dear CJKAYE,
Thank you for your wonderful review of The Angler's. We appreciate your detailed and complimentary remarks about the rooms, service, food and location. We are thrilled that
you enjoyed all of the little touches that we strive to excel at. There are a multitude of fine hotel in Mimi Beach and we are thrilled to have you as a new fan of ours. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

This boutique property is everything you want and more! Beautiful rooms, great restaurant and bar, convenient location, and best of all a wonderful and very accomodating staff.

Close to all, but removed just enough not to be bothered with loud party goers. Second trip to this fantabulous hotel and I can't wait to go back!

Dear DOLL1227,
We think YOU are Fantabulous! Thank you for your refreshing review of your stay with us.
We are looking forward to your stay #3 with us - hopefully soon!!!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

As I was planning my business trip to Miami I was on the cusp of booking a room at the Ritz, and prior to clicking the submit button I opted to have a look at what the masses on Tripadvisor were saying.

Upon reading all the glowing reviews of the Angler I decided to spend two nights there and hope that the reviews were correct.

The first impression was not the greatest as we drove by the hotel twice, I am not sure if we didn't see a parking lot or if it was out of commission but we needed to park in the valet section and deal with the car once we got to the check in desk.

My concern was that from the outside the hotel looked very retro, and I had this horrible visions of 70's furniture filling the rooms...

Once inside its hard not to be impressed with the layout and the beautiful restorative work that has been done to the main building. Check in was fast, and they were even nice enough to leave our car in one of the front valet spots since we were leaving fairly early the following morning.

We were walked to our rooms, and as I walked in I will admit that I was disappointed as I didn't see a bed, then I glanced to my right to find a classical spiral staircase which leads to a very nice bedroom as well as an impressive bathroom (however there was no bath just a standing shower)

There was also a second spiral staircase which led to a locked glass door with a sign that read "roof top patios coming soon", which just added to the impressive nature of the rooms.

There were ceiling mounted speakers in the living room, bedroom, and bathroom which were connected to a pretty respectable sound system on the main floor, I was able to dock my iPod and enjoy the music while I showered and got ready.

The staff was very helpful; although I found that there were not too many people on hand as I would often go to the desk and need to wait a moment or two before the desk clerk came running in from outside or down the hall, wasn't a big deal for me.

Breakfast is fairly basic, its your general cold continental except with some nice touches like fresh orange juice and some more elaborate pastries, but considering that I had no idea that breakfast was included it was simply a bonus.

The A/C in the rooms as trivial as this may be to some people may have been the best and most even in any hotel I have ever stayed, there was a consistency throughout the unit, and it resulted in cool uninterrupted sleep as the unit was not powering on and off ten times a night.

Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear cosmostein,
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel and comments on our staff. I regret that you were unable to find the entrance easily at your check in. With the hotel set back off of the street we are a little tucked in more that the usual hotels in South Beach. We appreciate your diligence and finding us and so glad that the stay made up for that in the end. We are happy that you enjoyed our Tower Duplex suite and the special touches like the stereo system. Also in Miami Beach, having a great A/C is a very important factor in our tropical paradise so we are happy that you enjoyed that as well.
We thank you and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bucks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

OK, let's start with the not-so-good. Check in was a disaster. I made my reservation in January and after 7 months they weren't expecting us! In fact, the room we had specifically pre-booked (2 x queen beds with pool view) was not available at all. But we weren't told this - instead we were taken to a much lesser room with only one bed and sofa bed and no view at all (which I was adamant I did not want - this was our 10 year anniversary we were celebrating after all!). So when I kicked up a little fuss we were quickly upgraded. OK - so now the holiday begins...!
After a dodgy start the service and staff could not have been nicer or warmer. They helped us celebrate our anniversary with a lot of nice little touches in the room and made a lovely fuss of our 2 girls (who adored the attention!)
I will say that Saturday night was very noisy but hey with Miami being the Party City we just had to put some ear plugs in and get jealous!!!
Sunday night was lovely and quiet though.
Funky dance tunes are played throughout the hotel during the day and lovely Ibiza chill-out tunes flood the place after dark - perfect.
Did not get a chance to eat at the hotel as we wanted to explore as much as possible.
Expect to pay standard/mandatory big tips where-ever you go - even just for breakfast.
Kids were not fussed about the beach - they much preferred the pool.
Shopping is excellent fun.
So everything considered, I would definitely recommend this hotel :)

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I just got back from a 4 day trip to Miami from New York. I stayed at The Angler's and it was by far the nicest hotel in Miami. It's very chic and sophisticated and the decor was phenomenal. It is just two blocks from the beach, which is great because you are not located in the center of all the chaos. It's very quiet and the service was great. Housekeeping cleans up the room once a day and bring you new towels. You have many restaurants in the area that range from cheap to pricey. You can have your pick. This hotel is excellent if you want peace and quiet. It's one of the few hotels that doesn't have loud and rowdy college kids. I will be staying there again later this year and everytime I go to Miami. FIVE STARS! Thank you to the staff at Angler's for a great vacation.

Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

What a fantastic hotel! We were met outside as soon as we pulled up and taken straight up to the room. And what a room!! A massive bed and a seperate seating area(the couch was a pull down bed),two large lcd tv's,lovely decor. The small pool has a lovely cabana at the back and great sunbeds with towels already on for you. Lovely little touches such as a note on your bed with the next days weather,beach bags(towels and water) ice cold water on tap by the pool. The staff can't do enough for you,from organising trips to telling you what restraunts to visit. I wouldn't even think of going to another hotel next time I'm in Miami. If I could ask for one thing it would be coffee/tea making facilities in the room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!