Chose Angler's in large part for its #1 rating on Tripadvisor. Happily, it lived up to high expectations.
(1) Location - The hotel is 2 blocks from all of the action on Ocean. You are still in the thick of the action, but with less of the noise.
(2) Rooms - Hotel is adorable. Room was big, clean, and nice.
(3) Staff - The staff at the front desk are wonderful! We consulted with them practically every time we needed to make a decision regarding where to eat / what to do, and they enthusiastically gave us their recommendations. They were also very accommodating re. late check-out time.
(4) Value - we paid roughly $150/night. This is much cheaper than a lot of mediocre hotels in South Beach.
(1) Pool - the pool is somewhat small. However, it's nice and not crowded. Plus, you are 2 blocks from the beach, so don't really need it all that much.
(2) No beach umbrellas/loungers - However, you do get a small discount on rental if you get a voucher from the front desk. You can simply give the beach attendant the voucher and the umbrella/loungers will be billed to your room. The front desk provides you with fresh towels and cold water for the beach.
(3) Parking - somewhat expensive. I think it was roughly $25/night. However, it's South Beach and I believe cheaper than a lot of other hotels in the area. We were able to find overnight street parking in the area.
All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would definitely recommend to friends.